Seymour back with Pats...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALLDAWAYPATS. Show ALLDAWAYPATS's posts

Seymour back with Pats...

With our obvious need for a proven defensive player, do you guys think that Seymour would come back to the Pats.  I was thinking that he might be willing to now that he knows what it is like to play for a losing franchise.  You would think that he would want to finish off his career as a winner.  Plus he knows the system!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from abe711. Show abe711's posts

Re: Seymour back with Pats...

We should have never let him go. Lets see who we get in the draft for this big let go. We have to stop letting our superstars go. Seymour,Samuel,Hobbs,Milloy, etc. Think of unstopable we would be if we would just keep our proven stars and stop going for Draft picks every year. I mean we do pick up some great pick once in awhile( i.e. #51 lol) But we build these guys up and let them go. Sometimes we just have to keep with whats working.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALLDAWAYPATS. Show ALLDAWAYPATS's posts

I think part of the problem is Bill's ego (In Bill I trust).  They think it's all about the system and not the players.  It seems to have proven that way on offense because players have gone elsewhere from our offense and haven't done much.  I think we are feeling some of the effects of our cheapness on the defensive side of the ball.  I think we really miss Seymour.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

No way he's coming back, not after a trade to the Raiders.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Seymour back with Pats...:
    I think part of the problem is Bill's ego (In Bill I trust).  They think it's all about the system and not the players.  It seems to have proven that way on offense because players have gone elsewhere from our offense and haven't done much.  I think we are feeling some of the effects of our cheapness on the defensive side of the ball.  I think we really miss Seymour.
    Posted by ALLDAWAYPATS

What's with you guys who always want to "bring someone back"? Crennel, Wiess, Gaffney, Vrabel, Seymour, Branch, etc. etc..? They're gone and they're not coming back. Deal with it.

There were good reasons why we traded seymour, one being that he only played hard when he felt like it. To have gotten a high 1st rounder for this guy was a miracle.

We need to turn that pick into a couple of young, fast DEs and/or OLBs to get back on top.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALLDAWAYPATS. Show ALLDAWAYPATS's posts

In Response to Re: Seymour back with Pats... : What's with you guys who always want to "bring someone back"? Crennel, Wiess, Gaffney, Vrabel, Seymour, Branch, etc. etc..? They're gone and they're not coming back. Deal with it. There were good reasons why we traded seymour, one being that he only played hard when he felt like it. To have gotten a high 1st rounder for this guy was a miracle. We need to turn that pick into a couple of young, fast DEs and/or OLBs to get back on top.
    Posted by unclealfie

It's not about wanting to bring these people back.  We see obvious needs on certain areas of the football team and these people happen to be available.  So one can't help but wonder if guys like Weis, Seymour, Crennel, etc. ect. could help this team.  I brought this topic up because Seymour will be a free agent next year and has experienced playing for a losing team.  I thought that if he wasn't too bitter that maybe he would be willing to come back with a cap friendly contract to be back on a winning team.  I feel that we are missing him on the D line this year.  If he was there, I think it would of helped the pass rush (it couldn't hurt it).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I would like to see Seymour back but I think he would have to take a pay cut and he probably wouldn't do that.  The Pats can probably pick up a first round DL in the next draft for less money and have a longer contract. 

Looking at the Pats salary cap they appear to be clearing money for next year.  I think next year you will see Light and possibly Adalius cut or traded so they can sign Wilfork and pick up one or two guys in the first round.  Probably the major reason they haven't made early round moves was because of money.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

No way Sey comes back. He said he was betrade by what happen. I think we were by his on and off play and big money deal. I think Reiss said Brace was at DE most of camp.
    The one I'd like to see back is Hobb's. W-T-F? ( kicking game only ) Welker is to much to the O to put him in a role like that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBcheats. Show BBcheats's posts

In Response to Seymour back with Pats...:
    With our obvious need for a proven defensive player, do you guys think that Seymour would come back to the Pats.  I was thinking that he might be willing to now that he knows what it is like to play for a losing franchise.  You would think that he would want to finish off his career as a winner.  Plus he knows the system!
    Posted by ALLDAWAYPATS

Sure....he dosen't have any issues with his "genius" coach kicking him to the curb.  I'll bet you wish he was there now.....with that paper mache defense..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

If he is as angry at Belichick as he should be, he'll end up at a division rival or with the colts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

I would love to see Seymour Back It was stupid of Kraft and Belichick to get rid of him along w/ Vrabel. It shows that there not part of the Team how Sloppy the team is w/ out them there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

I would love to see Seymour Back It was stupid of Kraft and Belichick to get rid of him along w/ Vrabel. It shows that there not part of the Team how Sloppy the team is w/ out them there.
    Posted by Paulawht63

LMFAO! Just how improved are teh Chiefs and Raid-uhs with those guys? What's their teams playoff picture looks like right now?

Fact is the Pats needed to get younger/faster on defense. Vrable was expendable,a dn Sey played when he damned felt like it. Plus he had that nagging injury bug thing AFTER he signed his big contract. ADIOS!

As for Sey signing for a division opponent or the Dolt6s, all they have to do is pay him. How would that fit in with any pespective team's salary cap, if the CBA gets extended? Right now it looks like '10 will be Cap Free, if there is no lock out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

he wouldn't come back.  he felt the organization did him dirty by trading him the way they did, and to the Raiders to top it off.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

Posted by ALLDAWAYPATS

or maybe it's that little thing called salary cap.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

DID YOU SEE OUR DEFENSE LAST YEAR?!?!?!?  Please.  Seymour wasn't getting it done.  Samuel got picks, but also let anyone catch passes because he was too busy jumping routes.  He lost us the superbowl on two seperate plays!  And Mike Vrabel, along with Tedy Bruschi, just looked old and slow last year.  At least our current crop is faster. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

P.S. I KNOW samuel wasnt with us last year..... so don't flame me.  Point is still valid, he got his pants pulled down ALOT.  I think we should have played press man against the Saints, but thats easy to say NOW.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

We traded him the Raiders. I doubt it. DavedStone Asante lost us the SB that year? Could have fooled me. Maybe i'm the only one dumb enough to think our offensive line played like total pieces of trash  and the most prolific offense in NFL history layed an egg.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

4 sacks this year....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Seymour back with Pats... : What's with you guys who always want to "bring someone back"? Crennel, Wiess, Gaffney, Vrabel, Seymour, Branch, etc. etc..? They're gone and they're not coming back. Deal with it. There were good reasons why we traded seymour, one being that he only played hard when he felt like it. To have gotten a high 1st rounder for this guy was a miracle. We need to turn that pick into a couple of young, fast DEs and/or OLBs to get back on top.
    Posted by unclealfie

Amen, brother.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Seymour back with Pats... :      Amen, brother.
    Posted by TexasPat3

I third that...

And even if the players come back...they may say all the right things about working har with the Pats, I don't think they will will ever work hard for BB again. So, just forget and move on.

Sections
Shortcuts