seymour holds all the cards.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

Re: seymour holds all the cards.

In Response to Re: seymour holds all the cards.:
    [QUOTE]     Seymour and his agent overplayed their hand with the Patriots...and are overplaying their hand now with the Raiders. The only cards Seymour holds are jokers.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I agree wholeheartedly on the first point.
    However, as far as dealing with the Raiders, he has just delayed the deal; probably investigating if there was any way to get out of it. If he reports within the five days, he has stayed within the rules.
    If he doesn't; then he and/or his agent are fools. Not only will he not play or get paid this year in that scenario, but he will not be eligible to be a UFA next season. What I am unsure about is what will his status be next year, if he sits this year? Will the Raiders still own his rights? Will he be a restricted FA?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: seymour holds all the cards. : I agree wholeheartedly on the first point. However, as far as dealing with the Raiders, he has just delayed the deal; probably investigating if there was any way to get out of it. If he reports within the five days, he has stayed within the rules. If he doesn't; then he and/or his agent are fools. Not only will he not play or get paid this year in that scenario, but he will not be eligible to be a UFA next season. What I am unsure about is what will his status be next year, if he sits this year? Will the Raiders still own his rights? Will he be a restricted FA?
    Posted by markes8336[/QUOTE]

If Seymour fails to report, and sits out the season, he is the property of the Oakland Raiders. The only way that the trade might get rescinded is if Seymour reports, and he fails his physical. 

Seymour cannot afford to hold out. He should try to negotiate an extension...or simply report and play out the last year of his deal in Oakland. The Raiders would be foolish to franchise him. If they do, they'll be on the hook for almost $17mil. for one season of Sey (thats' what Carolina is paying DE Julius Peppers). If the Raiders do decide  to franchise him, Seymour should throw an appreciation party for Uncle Al.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: seymour holds all the cards. : I agree wholeheartedly on the first point. However, as far as dealing with the Raiders, he has just delayed the deal; probably investigating if there was any way to get out of it. If he reports within the five days, he has stayed within the rules. If he doesn't; then he and/or his agent are fools. Not only will he not play or get paid this year in that scenario, but he will not be eligible to be a UFA next season. What I am unsure about is what will his status be next year, if he sits this year? Will the Raiders still own his rights? Will he be a restricted FA?
    Posted by markes8336[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure that the Raiders will still own his rights.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

what if seymour is killing all this time,eating fatty foods,or whatever to get over weight to where he fails the physical?would he,or could he purposely fail his physical?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]what if seymour is killing all this time,eating fatty foods,or whatever to get over weight to where he fails the physical?would he,or could he purposely fail his physical?
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Wow that would be some devious crazy shiat

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

it makes you think.if he is that mad,and dosent care if he plays,or not.im sure he could if he wanted to.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Just in

NFL Network’s Michael Lombardi reports Richard Seymour was placed on the Raiders’ reserve-left squad list Friday.

The move indicates that the Raider consider Seymour part of their organization, essentially acknowledging that the trade with New England is official, and that Seymour has left the team without permission.

The Raiders sent a 2011 first-round pick to the Patriots for Seymour on Sept. 6, but the veteran defensive tackle has yet to report to Oakland..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

thats just for this week,but could he purposely fail his physical.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2009/09/raiders-demand-seymour-report-nfl-prefers-to-stay-out-of-trade/1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

My understanding of this now is --he ineligible to play for the Raiders or anyone else and his contract is frozen.so I don'r think Seymour holds all the cards.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]My understanding of this now is --he ineligible to play for the Raiders or anyone else and his contract is frozen.so I don'r think Seymour holds all the cards.
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]
     i think its week by week.but it would still come down to the physical.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=150810&id=1134

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Moss looks like ur right about the physical.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/
    a grievence has been filed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

All of this is just manuvering by Seymour and his agent. He doesn't want to play in Oakland (who would?), and so is exploring his options. I doubt he'll actually sit out the year, that would do him no good. He would still be obligated for one more year, whether it be for NE or Oakland. I would think he'd rather hit FA in 2010, which looks like it could be an uncapped year. My guess is he's using this ploy to try and get a "no-tag" agreement with the Raiders. If he sits, not only does he lose a year towards FA, but also his salary, and whatever team is deemed to hold his rights for 09 will surely sue for the prorated part of his signing bonus. I find it hard to believe he'd do something like this out of spite, as he's clearly shown he wants the big money. He should know that even if NE has to take him back, Bill won't play him, and will only seek to trade him again. Meanwhile he's getting older. Not to mention this type of thing will make prospective teams a bit more leary of signing him. I think if he doesn't get an injunction (which, according to NFLN is unlikely), he'll report to Oakland on the fifth day from receiving his letter.

By the way, I'm happy to see your smiling face on our board again, NEGAME! I'm looking forward to your input now that there will be some real games to discuss!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Thanks Bub.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from markinFl13. Show markinFl13's posts

In 2005, Seymour played hardball with the Patriots. Held out of mini-camps and the first four days of training camp, even though he was under contract for that year, the final one of his rookie contract. He succeeded in extorting a pay raise out of the Pats for that year, and the next year signed his current contract. And now we're supposed to feel all gooey-sorry for Richard? Why, based on his behavior in the past, should the Pats have any reason to think they could sign him after this year? And, if that is the case, why shouldn't they trade him now to get maximum value for him? He was cold-blooded with the Pats. Now, they are doing the same with him. Shut up and report to Oakland, Richard.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

If he doesn't want to report he might as well just retire. If, for any reason, this trade is not consummated and we somehow retain his rights, he'll never see the field again. Bill will just let him die. He will show up in Oakland. We have all seen over the years that the money comes before the commitment and obligation to his team. He has way too much to lose. This whole scenario has made Seymour look bad. The only way he can change that is to show up in Oakland with a smile. Even his new team is starting to get disgusted with him and they haven't even met him yet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Trades happen all the time, even with "star" players.  If players can hold out for more money, the teams can trade them too.  Neither needs permission to do what they do.  Anyway..  with the shenanigans Seymour has pulled, here is what he has done to his career:

#1 - Proved he is a "me, myself and I" type of player.  Team is not important as long as I am paid.
    #2 - Of all years to pull this act..  the year before he can be a FA.  His actions on the field should do the talking, not the actions off the field.
    #3 - He has now poisoned the well for his future employment opportunities.  How can any team trust him to be loyal to the team once signed?
    #4 - Prima Donna athletes make it bad for the rest.  Their agents contribute to this as well, because when the player gets more $$$, the agents cut also means more $$$.

In the end, some team will sign him and he "may" do well.  In this business, what we think is fair doesn't happen.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I did like the part where seymour said he will play monday night,and that he would be the guy on top of the QB.to bad rivers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/7600/seymour-blindsided-will-report-to-raiders

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rail. Show Rail's posts

Seymour holds no cards. He's taking a huge gamble if he doesn't report. His play has declined markedly in the past 2 years, ever since his knee injury. Although he had 8 sacks last year, there were games where he disappeared. This was a superb trade for the Pats, and enables them to develop some very promising younger players. If you think Seymour holds all the cards, you simply don't know anything about pro football or how the NFL operates.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

The cards say "farewell", "good luck" and "best wishes".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

The only way $eymour fails his physical is if he dies in an accident on the way to the Raiders facilities.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]Seymour holds no cards. He's taking a huge gamble if he doesn't report. His play has declined markedly in the past 2 years, ever since his knee injury. Although he had 8 sacks last year, there were games where he disappeared. This was a superb trade for the Pats, and enables them to develop some very promising younger players. If you think Seymour holds all the cards, you simply don't know anything about pro football or how the NFL operates.
    Posted by Rail[/QUOTE] 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xng9EPD_XrY