Seymour to the Falcons

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Seymour to the Falcons

NFL.com reporting Sey will sign in time for camp upon the Ryan restructue...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Seymour to the Falcons

He shot his way out of NE so I assumed he wasn't coming here. I think the guys either done of has no more desire. He started getting "hurt" the end of every season when he was here. That was the start of it IMO.

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

He shot his way out of NE so I assumed he wasn't coming here. I think the guys either done of has no more desire. He started getting "hurt" the end of every season when he was here. That was the start of it IMO.

I still like him and think he can/will contribute in a specific role. Let him play 60% of the snaps and if he can stay healthy I still think he could dominate. I know everyone loves Vince, I do as well. However, I would argue Sey is the best Pats DL of all time. Worse case, you could convince me Vince is #1, and Sey is no lower than #1A

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I still like him and think he can/will contribute in a specific role. Let him play 60% of the snaps and if he can stay healthy I still think he could dominate. I know everyone loves Vince, I do as well. However, I would argue Sey is the best Pats DL of all time. Worse case, you could convince me Vince is #1, and Sey is no lower than #1A

Seymore had a lot of help. When Vince does, he is scary. With Jones and Collins finally, maybe with Dennard, Talib and Ras I looking like he is coming on, Vince may have his best season. I do think that its time to start spelling Big vince. He cant play 85% of the snaps and last another 5.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Another thing to add on a side note...  What does this say about Abraham?  He was said to go back. Is he spent? Will he retire? Did he become cheaper? Do we even have intrest?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Another thing to add on a side note...  What does this say about Abraham?  He was said to go back. Is he spent? Will he retire? Did he become cheaper? Do we even have intrest?

I think Abraham will retire if he does not see $3M...he wont see it here.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In their prime I'd take Seymour ... but Vince was a better Patriot. It's also impossible to really judge them role for role, because Seymour was a monster end ... whereas Wilfork is a nose tackle. They do different jobs basically. 

It's tought to say at his age how he will bounce back from an injury. 

Regardless, he had a few great seasons in Oakland. The probable outcome is that ATL is getting an interior linemand who can give you 30-60% of the snaps, and make them quality snaps. I doubt he'll be a workhorse like in the past.

It's alos tough to judge how Tommy Kelly will do here without him, considering his only good seasons came with Seymour beside him taking up 2-3 blockers. If you can surmise that Wiflork in the 43 can act "like" a Seymour on passing downs  it might free Kelly up to attack single blockers the way he did while Sey was there in Oakland. 

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts