Seymour's Opinion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Re: Seymour's Opinion

Face it with all the retirements its a REBUIDING year with a young D that cant stop a pass play......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In Response to Re: Seymour's Opinion:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seymour's Opinion : Wilfork is not heading out the door, Franchise or pay him big bucks in a no cap year!!!
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Agreed - cannot lose Wilfork - I am sure he will be tagged..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seymour's Opinion : Agreed - cannot lose Wilfork - I am sure he will be tagged..
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

We need Mankins, at least if Wilfork goes we can switch to a 4-3 and have players to plug in. Mankins hasn't missed a game since drafted and he's one of the best in the league at his position. I dont think he can be replaced easily.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

Forgot about Mankins, they are going to lose at least one of those 3, yikes.

Mayo was a great pick, no doubt about it.  One pick out of 30 losers.

My point was Mayo, Banta Cain, Guyton, and Thomas and Burgess are not close to the Super Bowl 5.  Not even close.

And thanks for the insult.

I feel better now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Moss gave Brady a look after Brady's low pass in the first half almost caused Randy to get his leg broken in half. After that, Moss punked Brady by not breaking up the poorly thrown interception ball in the second half. And, Moss is a team captain. Yikes!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

We could really use Seymour right now. He is right these young guys need older players to show them the way. What bothers me is some guys had a few years under guys like Seymour and Harrison and they still dont get it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]Forgot about Mankins, they are going to lose at least one of those 3, yikes. Mayo was a great pick, no doubt about it.  One pick out of 30 losers. My point was Mayo, Banta Cain, Guyton, and Thomas and Burgess are not close to the Super Bowl 5.  Not even close. And thanks for the insult. I feel better now.
    Posted by Benkarkis[/QUOTE]

Mankins will not be an unrestricted FA next year if it is uncapped.  Neither will Ghost.  We also have 2 tags in an uncapped year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

This is what...about the 4th "Seymour whine" thread that has been posted on this forum. They all went something like this, "Oh, gee...if only we kept Richard...blah, blah, blah". The truth is that "Big Sey" had the opportunity to step-up and "help" over the past three years. But, he didn't. He was either hurt, or played far below expectations. Extracting a #1 draft choice from the Raiders for him was grand larceny.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]I'd say it's both scheme and player.  I really doubt BB thinks otherwise.  Let's assume Seymour has just a tiny axe to grind...  I mean after all, he was sent to the Raiders...
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

So true...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Seymour's Opinion : He just helped BB out. The talent he is talking about were all in the same situation back in 2001 -- nobody respected them. This is bulleting board material. Of course, the risk is that the current players actually believe they are not talented enough.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

In 2001 the Defense under Romeo was ranked 24th in the league with all those guys and the ability to rough up the receivers. So far this year the defense under Dean is ranked 11th and that's with large turnover in personel to get younger and faster AND the new rules not allowing you to even breath heavy on the receiver.

Brady and his vaunted offense simply need to play better in the second half of road games and the team will be fine.

"In New England's five true road games -- not counting the game they played in London against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Brady has completed 52.9 percent of his attempts for 530 yards and two touchdowns with four interceptions for a 60.0 passer rating."

50%!!!! 60 Passer rating!!!

We lost 2 early games when Tom was still getting back in the swing of things.

Jets (no Wes welker)
    Broncos (Tom was bad but he was going against a guy who knows the system as well as anyone out there)

Then we lost to 2 undefeated teams (Umm no one else has beaten them either)

Colts (we beat the heck out of and lost by 1 point with :13 left, see above point about offense not getting it done in 2nd half on the road)
    Saints (good old fashion beat down. It happens. big deal, sometimes one just gets out of hand and away from you)

Then a tough one to Miami...

Again here it is a division opponent who are always tough no matter how good or bad the two teams are in a given year. Also add to that the historically bad nature in wich the Patriots AND Tom Brady play in Miami. What are they 2 - 6 in Miami since BB has been here?

Finally and most importanlty the defense gave the ball back to the offense not one but twice with 5 minutes or less to go in the game i believe. Tom and that supposed great offense did not generate even a single 1st down. TWO times 3 and OUT!

Got to keep going back to those 2nd half stats of Tom Brady. The entire offense needs to step up and at least play a team even on the road in the 2nd half. Forget outplay cause they usually have the lead. JUST play even and they maybe have a couple losses this year as a team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]Written by a reporter who hates Belichick about a player who has disliked Belichick since 2002.  Why keep Seymour, he wouldn't negotiate, they weren't going to franchise him. Now he's out of the AFC. Vrabel would still be on the team if he had not made the comments about Kraft.  Tedi and Rodney are the players most missed because of the locker room leadership, not necessary their play. When Borges sees the least little crack he pounces
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Borges is on crack...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seymour's Opinion : You gotta be kidding me.   Those guys as leaders.  I dont think so.  What does Mayo know he just got here last year.  Merriweather just starting to get comfortable in this system and if VW was a real leader on this team then we wouldnt be having this conversation. We all know who were the real leaders of this team.  Harrison and Brusci.  Both are gone.  Seymour wasnt much of a leader.  He was a great player and if you asked me a few weeks ago if I thought he would have made a difference on this team I would have said no, but after seeing this team collapse the past few weeks I really think that his experience plus VW would have been the difference in alot of games.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

The difference has been the offense in the 2nd half of road games not the leadership or the defense.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

[QUOTE]Got to keep going back to those 2nd half stats of Tom Brady. Agreed..too many people are giving # 12 a pass...I mean thats my boy,.,but you cant sit here and throw for 300 yarsd in 5 games and act like he is injured..he has just made some bad decisions...is it from a year off...maybe...but it is what it is....the same 2 people we have said wil keep us winning the ol famous line...As long as we have Brady and Billicheck...we'll always be in it....Welp!  Sorry to say but those 2 have been the biggest reasons for our road losses....Show me different....
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

Dead on Patsfan. Our Qb is focused on big plays similar to 2007, The real Tom Brady from 2001-2006 was tom brady because he made GREAT decisions. I recall when he said any receiver opened gets the ball. Thats how they won SB with average receivers like Troy Brown, patten, givens, branch and the like. Even in the yr b/4 moss got here he did VERY VERY well with wide-eye rachel caldwell before that drop in Indy that caused us the AFC championship and another SB. BB used to settle for 3s b/4 moss got here and after a yr, we cant even drive to put up 3s. its coaching and decision Period!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]Written by a reporter who hates Belichick about a player who has disliked Belichick since 2002.  Why keep Seymour, he wouldn't negotiate, they weren't going to franchise him. Now he's out of the AFC. Vrabel would still be on the team if he had not made the comments about Kraft.  Tedi and Rodney are the players most missed because of the locker room leadership, not necessary their play. When Borges sees the least little crack he pounces
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

While I agree that Seymour and Borges could have axes to grind, I have to agree with their assessment.  IMO, they lost too much leadership on D. The are rudderless.