SF 49rs..what will they do with their draft choices?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

SF 49rs..what will they do with their draft choices?

They have 14?

How can a team use 14 draft picks and have roster space to absorb all of those new people?

SF will either have to trade some picks for next years picks, release a lot of decent players once the 53 player limit hits.

Granted the PAtriots will not be in the best position to pick up their releases, maybe trading one pick from next year to get another pick this year might well since they only have 3 picks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Re: SF 49rs..what will they do with their draft choices?

Just posted this on another thread:

Great flexibility to move up, trade back for next years picks.  They do have to select their compensatory picks and cannot trade them.  I think in the end they may have 10 selections.  Only so many can make the team, it will be interesting to compare them to how BB did this in past drafts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Just posted this on another thread:

Great flexibility to move up, trade back for next years picks.  They do have to select their compensatory picks and cannot trade them.  I think in the end they may have 10 selections.  Only so many can make the team, it will be interesting to compare them to how BB did this in past drafts.

yep, saw yours.
    Go ahead lets discuss in your thread.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

If all the ret of the teams are smart they won't trade ith them and make them use their picks.  I think no one wanted to trade with bb and he was forced to use the pick on Ras I 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Trade a couple of picks back.

Draft a player like Marcus Lattimore and IR him for his rookie season

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

If all the ret of the teams are smart they won't trade ith them and make them use their picks.  I think no one wanted to trade with bb and he was forced to use the pick on Ras I 

He might have been forced to use the pick, sure.

...but you can't say he was forced to use the pick on Ras-I. 

...if that was really what you meant?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

No.   Forced to use the pick.  He had all night to shop it around.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Well they know their big competition is Seattle- two hottest teams in the NFL- how much fun is it going to be to watch these teams I don't know that having that many picks helps -unless it's #199 in the sixth round If the the Patriots make it to the SB this year  facing either of these teams will be scary! BTW  who knows what they will do

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

you are correct. There are about 8-10 players that came after him in round 2 that I bet he wish he drafted. Sheard, Reed, Cobb, Torrey Smith to name several.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

I can see the Pats that have only 5 picks this year trade with the 49ers. using picks from 2014 to get picks for 2013.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

I can see the Pats that have only 5 picks this year trade with the 49ers. using picks from 2014 to get picks for 2013.

I don't see that happening.

Only thing I see the Pats doing with the 49ers is trading back and accumulating more mid-late round picks.

Unless there is a player that BB really loves, I can't see him trading something like a future second rounder for a current third rounder.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

dapats1281

The 49ers have 14 draft picks (11  + 3 compensatory picks at 4, 7 and 7). They cannot possibly use all those to any advantage to themselves all in this year. They are already loaded on the roster. This is a rare situation that SF may not mind trading equally just to reposition themselves in term of calendar year, ie round 2 or 3 of this year for a round 2 or 3 for next year, so they do not waste the pick by overgorging in one year, and have to draft and then cut. We'll see whether any deal will materialize. The Pats are short in number of picks they have this year when the draft class is supposed to be deep in a number of positions.