Shalise Manza Young...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Shalise Manza Young...

So far I am pretty impressed by her. Might be my second favorite local reporter behind Reiss.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Shalise Manza Young...

Anyone but Breer.

For God's sake, every piece starts with "So I was talking to my good buddy ______ _______ from ____________"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

Anybody will look smart and witty against Albert ...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

as big bill used to say they arent ready for annointment to the hall just yet...and I thought breer got traded with shwanshe and gasper...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Haven't really seen anything insightful from her.  Yesterday's chat was very lame but I'm not sure if the problem was her answers or just bad questions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Questions were a little lame and I think she had some issues with Tech that might have put her off her game so I give her a high grade for sticking with it and finishing the Chat. Not much for her to report on yet so we'll see but like I said I think she is becoming my second favorite behind Reiss.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Loved her saying last week that Thomas really isn't a bad lockerroom guy and was just misunderstood by the media. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjmj430. Show pjmj430's posts

misunderstood??? i understood him pretty well when he was makein jetson jokes...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Not sure where she's from but she doesn't come across as being all that familiar with the Pats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

I was just curious too on where she came from. she never really had any press release on Patriots Extra Points. weird. then all of a sudden we're like "Chat with Shalise Manza Young" (first reaction is who is h*ll is she?! what does she know about the patriots?) Reading her answers in comparision with Mike Reiss old chat there is definately a wide gap. Maybe shes just working out the kinks or maybe she realized she shouldnt be doing chats at Panera Bread.

Anyways found this posting last night on her - had to research her name on my own to figure out who she is... intense!!!

J Doe
    says:

Embarassing hire for the Globe. Young’s lack of professionalism and decorum in the press box during games is legendary. If this is the best they can do it is a severe blow to the once-proud Globe sports section.

• Shalise Manza Young says:

J Doe -

You mean like the professionalism and decorum you’re showing taking pot-shots at me while hiding behind a fake screen name?

I assume you’re a media member if you’ve been in a press box with me. If you have a problem with me, contact me. That’s how professionals do it.

Shalise

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

In Response to Re: Shalise Manza Young...:
    I was just curious too on where she came from. she never really had any press release on Patriots Extra Points. weird. then all of a sudden we're like "Chat with Shalise Manza Young" (first reaction is who is h*ll is she?! what does she know about the patriots?) Reading her answers in comparision with Mike Reiss old chat there is definately a wide gap. Maybe shes just working out the kinks or maybe she realized she shouldnt be doing chats at Panera Bread. Anyways found this posting last night on her - had to research her name on my own to figure out who she is... intense!!!   J Doe says: March 4, 2010 at 9:13 am Embarassing hire for the Globe. Young’s lack of professionalism and decorum in the press box during games is legendary. If this is the best they can do it is a severe blow to the once-proud Globe sports section. Reply Shalise Manza Young says: March 4, 2010 at 10:55 am J Doe - You mean like the professionalism and decorum you’re showing taking pot-shots at me while hiding behind a fake screen name? I assume you’re a media member if you’ve been in a press box with me. If you have a problem with me, contact me. That’s how professionals do it. Shalise
    Posted by Boston-kyle

What does she look like??? She has to be better looking than Karen over at The Herald!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

She also said the Pats top draft need is ILB, which is absurd. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

wow interesting... I was basing my opinion on the chat where she performed decently considering it had tewch issues and her answers while lacking in any wow factors was decent... but hearing this maybe I need to re think my orrigional post... oh well, there is a huge drop off behind Reiss no matter who it is your talking about.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

I sure hope the globe found their next mike reiss cuz right now I go to his blog on ESPN before coming to boston.com - he feeds information from scouts, keeps me informed about the draft, and challenges our intellectual knowledge in regards to the patriots.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

I think she gives pretty reasoned and well thought out answers.  She reminds me of Mike Reiss in her short time here.  She tries to give answers based on what she knows.  She doesn't jump the gun and overreact like some of her peers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

Shalise Manza Young
    im in love with her already

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

She covered the Pats for the Providence Journal before jumping to the Globe.  Not sure how long she was there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Always trying very hard in my studies, I still found that in certain classes, their were people more knowledgeable in some areas than I was.  One class, "Freud, Jung and the Modern Novel," was especially difficult.  Even though it was an English Major based class from that university's English Department Curriculm, the very few other students who signed up for the course were Psych Majors, who had multiple years in previous knowledge based in the psychology realm under their belts already.  In there being zero other either English, or Philosophy/Linguistic majors taking the course, might have been helped by the fact that the head critic, One, The Teaching Professor of this given class, had failed more students in that English Department, than no other teacher.  Man, I knew I was goin' up against the toughest critic they made, but the guy was brilliant.  It was an unbelievably difficult course of study that did not come naturally to me, as it did some others...again, others more past versed in the subject also.  Still, I loved it and worked very hard. 

Unfortunately, come the Final...lmao, I just happened to read the Day's Exam incorrectly from some bulletin board, and interchanged it with another listed closely in print...thus studying for the wrong test.  Honestly, NEVER did that before or since.  Terrified when noone was coming into the classroom downstairs, I rushed upstairs just to see IF...yup, ALL 4 Psych Majors were hard at work cramming for the Freud/Jung Test. 

So I said to the teacher, "Dear God, LOOK, I've never done this before, but I studied for the wrong test. Ya gotta let me take some or ANY other time, I'm ill-prepared."  He said to me the following, "There's deadlines to be met in this life, guy.  And people are stuck doin' things that don't come naturally, or that sme others are far better at.  Don't look at it, by NOT knowing things...Look at it, in the realm of: Heavy repetition of the small stuff you think you DO know."  Luckily for me, I'm a pretty decent writer...still, he gave me a C. 

Sections
Shortcuts