Shane Veeren

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Re: Shane Veeren

The thing is that passing game was supposed be his strength. Hopefully, it has more to do with the injury and less to do with learning the offense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

He is supposed to have "similar" talent to Jvad Best which would be nice, even if he is 70% of Best, he would pretty good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In Response to Re: Shane Veeren:
    [QUOTE] Schumpeters-Ghost, And you know this, how? That was a completely ignorant statement. C'mon now. Sheesh. The kid was hurt early, he's electric with the ball and was drafted where most thought he would be. He had a terrific college career. Couple the fact that he was hurt in camp with the lockout and it's understandable that he hasn't seen the field much. To call the pick a waste and say that he'll be out of the league in two years is at the very least, short sighted thinking. I'm sure glad you're not our GM. Nothing personal, of course.
    Posted by Joel63[/QUOTE]

It's a prediction - let's see who ends up being right.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Exactly!In Response to Re: Shane Veeren:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Veeren : Yeah I agree, they won't put him out there against the Jets - on the road - in a prime time game for his first time out there.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Hopefully 99.9 % of humanity is the opposite of this piece of scum!!!!!In Response to Re: Shane Veeren:
    [QUOTE]BB is the complete opposite of Sandusky.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

9 games into the season and he has never touched the football.

He doesn't even touch the ball in practice.  Please - he is not the answer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]Shane Vareen? Is that the guy who used to read books on that childrens show back in the day?
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Agree. 2nd round players like Vereen with his potential need to see the field more often. If we hadn't planned on using him, we shouldn't have drafted him. I can name at least 20 players we could have taken with that pick that would have upgraded our defense, or gave us a nice receiving option. 

thank you. thank  you. thank you for saying it.

RB is supposed to be one of the easiest positions to pick up, and there shouldn't be any playbook reasons, developmental or otherwise. In essence, give the kid the ball and let him run. 

bb seems to go by you need to earn it, so in many cases a younger, perhaps better player may not see the field over a vet who has paid his dues. i am not all vet, or all play the young guy, but i dont like the when youre perfect we'll put you on the field. no one is perfect. many other successful teams do not do it "our way" and its clear, we are not the best at developing young players

For the life of me, I don't understand nor agree with BB's approach here by drafting him high, then not using him except for ST. A complete waste of talent.

i can see your point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE] sml1210[/QUOTE]

maybe next year? go take a look at the second round picks since 2000 and throw up. Yes there a one or two exceptions. Just stick to unrestricted free agents.
    Posted by Benkarkis

Or better yet, stop the insanity of continuously trading down for more 2nd and 3rd rounders who end up not getting on the field. Try trading up for a stud for once.
    sml1210

ben and sml,
         where were you guys last year when i wrote about a lot of this?
      seems to be more dissension this year and folks more willing to speak about what has been the case consistently and is not improving but eroding our teams capability.

glad to read all of your posts!

brdreu/bredbru

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Veeren : thanks mthurl and patslifer as I enjoy both of your comments. Thurl...was that Wilbert Montgomery with Philly? Yes, I'd even bet that if Vollmer did'nt go down with a bad back Belichick would still never know that he found a real good one in Solder. Was it his point to draft 2 RBs to just fill-in a need of 2 Older RBs like Taylor and Morris? Vareen should be at least a KR/PR/ST and not put your best WR (Wes) in that position. Give those guys a chance.   Belichick has proved that he is a bad drafter. TWO "complete sets" of DBs, LBs and stretch WRs of TOP Draft picks wasted in recent years, all GONE! If He hit on just 30% of those we would NOW have an outstanding D'Backfield, 2 LBs, and 2 legit deep threats. There are still 3-4 top picks remaining that are just filling holes and will be gone also. Very sad. My heart always picks the Pats but my mind? Not a good feeling now with this current D'Backfield. Hope, is a good thing, maybe the best thing but hope does'nt translate to the field very well. have a good night all.....
    Posted by palookaski[/QUOTE]

excellent post palooka.

a agree to the letter.

i posted this stuff and a12 point list of things we could do in last years draft and re the team. 

when i posted the same things you say last year, no one approved of it being said.

re: "My heart always picks the Pats but my mind? Not a good feeling now with this current D'Backfield. Hope, is a good thing, maybe the best thing but hope does'nt translate to the field very well."

i can totally relate (me too!).

thanks for the post

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Shane Veeren:
    [QUOTE]If Lawfirm is injured, can we see what Shane Vereen can do. I understand lot of gurus are saying, he didn't learn the pass protection. Can he run on first or second down runs, just to get his feet wet! I think we are not giving young guys chances. Other teams involves young rookies and let them play and see what they have. BB doesn't want to involve rookies unless they mastered everything! I know if he did any blunder in the game, that would be detrimental to his progress, but common he has to start some where. Atleast when we are leading and at the end of the game. I like to see him starting next week, when out schedule softens up little bit. 
    Posted by Bradythebest[/QUOTE]

Could it be that Vereen is just another of a seemingly endless stream of draft busts, over the past 5 years? This problem is killing our team. Something needs to be done to correct this issue...yesterday!!!! Enough is enough!!! The scouting department needs to be completely revamped.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Veeren : thanks mthurl and patslifer as I enjoy both of your comments. Thurl...was that Wilbert Montgomery with Philly? Yes, I'd even bet that if Vollmer did'nt go down with a bad back Belichick would still never know that he found a real good one in Solder. Was it his point to draft 2 RBs to just fill-in a need of 2 Older RBs like Taylor and Morris? Vareen should be at least a KR/PR/ST and not put your best WR (Wes) in that position. Give those guys a chance.   Belichick has proved that he is a bad drafter. TWO "complete sets" of DBs, LBs and stretch WRs of TOP Draft picks wasted in recent years, all GONE! If He hit on just 30% of those we would NOW have an outstanding D'Backfield, 2 LBs, and 2 legit deep threats. There are still 3-4 top picks remaining that are just filling holes and will be gone also. Very sad. My heart always picks the Pats but my mind? Not a good feeling now with this current D'Backfield. Hope, is a good thing, maybe the best thing but hope does'nt translate to the field very well. have a good night all.....
    Posted by palookaski[/QUOTE]

It  is  common  knowledge  that  BB  doesn't  draft  well.  The  only  good  draft  he's  had  in  the  past  five  years  was  the  Gronk/Hernandez  draft.  I  stopped  getting  excited  about  the  PATS  having  multiple  1st, 2nd  and  3rd  round  picks  a  few  years  ago.  Also, BB  has  done  a  horrendous  job  with  the  D  this  year.  TB  has  always  been  Belichick's  meal  ticket  while  in  New  England.  After  Brady  is  gone,  BB  will  revert  back  to  his  Cleveland  days  of  being  a  slightly  above  average  coach.  Some  may  disagree, saying  BB  won  3  Superbowls.  Well, many  NFL  coaches  could  have  won  3  Lombardi's  with  Brady  at  QB.  Brady  is  arguably  the  best  QB  ever.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

[QUOTE]BB is the complete opposite of Sandusky.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about?

Little Girls?

Dumb!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

Something is wrong here, and things started getting worse in 07, when BB
    changed his philosophy of toughness and being very physical to finesse and
    get beaten up once the league figured that offense out enough to make it
    pretty bad once the playoffs started.  

I called it at the 1st Bill game in Foxboro that year, and how this offense and caught so much grief saying it wouldn't translate
    into the playoffs, which it didn't and most started to see last year.  The 3 losses in a row in the playoffs the Brady and CO have scored an avg. of 16 points where in 06 AFC title loss to the Colts, the Reche Caldwell led offense scored 35 in the loss.

Look at Carson Palmer, and how after a week or two to get rid of the rust and
    practice a little, he started throwing bombs Monday nite and hitting these young
    kids on the numbers or the hands all night long.

Here, with all the complexity, these perfect routs, there have been some great talent here, and they were to "dumb?" to grasp this "system", lose their confidence, get cut and can't cut it anywhere.  Why not just let them play football.  Chad Jackson was a physical stud, and they saw he wasn't bright enough to grasp the system so why not give him some basic plays, and maybe he could have caught 5 balls a game and change up the offense on the D for a few plays a game.

Why does it take Brady so long to find his rthyms with his receivers?  Scheme or
    no schemes, this complexity on both sides of the ball is not working.  Players
    are just not grasping them, and if ALL of them don't grasp them, it won't work.

Maybe they should go back to basic football, or maybe they should add some
    basic football to the scheme, and play basic stuff while the team is learning these
    complex schemes.

Brady should be able to throw a basic down and out to anyone who has the skills to run it.  Or the bomb the same way.  Why does there have to be all this read the D on every play?  Why not force the issue at times, and maybe the Jets D would get confused.  ONE play the WR reads the DB and goes to where he the DB back isn't and the next go right at him and he may see that first step toward him as a fake.

In the end all I am saying is why not simplify the system on both sides of the ball and learn to play basic team ball together first, then as time goes on you add more and more complexity.

Let Vereen out there and get his feet wet.  At least find out if he can run the ball or catch passes and simplify by first finding out if he actually has the skills like power, open field running ability, the ability to read the blocks and pick his holes and is he quick getting thru to fast or is he patient, does he dance, run well after the catch etc.  

If BB should find out if he can or can't do them first, then decide if he should try to teach him to block or cut him because why teach him to block if he doesn't know how to run the ball FIRST !!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In the end all I am saying is why not simplify the system on both sides of the ball and learn to play basic team ball together first, then as time goes on you add more and more complexity. 
    Posted by quasi[/QUOTE]

I think this might be wise advice. Not only are the schemes hard for players to learn, I'm afraid we're passing over good talent in order to get guys--many of them inferior talents--who can manage the scheme. That's leaving us with low talent levels overall. Just look at our OLBs and our WRs for examples.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

This will be another waste with Faulk still kicking a woodhead still effective. Also ridley passed himin camp and will not look back. We could have Torrey Smith =/

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

prolate, did you see Carson Palmer with the Raiders on MNF?  He was throwing the
    ball all over the place, hitting everyone where they could catch it, and he admitted they still had a ways to go, but sometimes you just have to go out and play the game and see where you are as a team, what does the QB and receivers have naturally and then where do they need to get better?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]Something is wrong here, and things started getting worse in 07, when BB changed his philosophy of toughness and being very physical to finesse and get beaten up once the league figured that offense out enough to make it pretty bad once the playoffs started.   I called it at the 1st Bill game in Foxboro that year, and how this offense and caught so much grief saying it wouldn't translate into the playoffs, which it didn't and most started to see last year.  The 3 losses in a row in the playoffs the Brady and CO have scored an avg. of 16 points where in 06 AFC title loss to the Colts, the Reche Caldwell led offense scored 35 in the loss. Look at Carson Palmer, and how after a week or two to get rid of the rust and practice a little, he started throwing bombs Monday nite and hitting these young kids on the numbers or the hands all night long. Here, with all the complexity, these perfect routs, there have been some great talent here, and they were to "dumb?" to grasp this "system", lose their confidence, get cut and can't cut it anywhere.  Why not just let them play football.  Chad Jackson was a physical stud, and they saw he wasn't bright enough to grasp the system so why not give him some basic plays, and maybe he could have caught 5 balls a game and change up the offense on the D for a few plays a game. Why does it take Brady so long to find his rthyms with his receivers?  Scheme or no schemes, this complexity on both sides of the ball is not working.  Players are just not grasping them, and if ALL of them don't grasp them, it won't work. Maybe they should go back to basic football, or maybe they should add some basic football to the scheme, and play basic stuff while the team is learning these complex schemes. Brady should be able to throw a basic down and out to anyone who has the skills to run it.  Or the bomb the same way.  Why does there have to be all this read the D on every play?  Why not force the issue at times, and maybe the Jets D would get confused.  ONE play the WR reads the DB and goes to where he the DB back isn't and the next go right at him and he may see that first step toward him as a fake. In the end all I am saying is why not simplify the system on both sides of the ball and learn to play basic team ball together first, then as time goes on you add more and more complexity. Let Vereen out there and get his feet wet.  At least find out if he can run the ball or catch passes and simplify by first finding out if he actually has the skills like power, open field running ability, the ability to read the blocks and pick his holes and is he quick getting thru to fast or is he patient, does he dance, run well after the catch etc.   If BB should find out if he can or can't do them first, then decide if he should try to teach him to block or cut him because why teach him to block if he doesn't know how to run the ball FIRST !!!!!
    Posted by quasi[/QUOTE]

I was thinking this same thing the other day about how the Pats have players either sitting on the bench or not involved much in the offense because they supposedly can't pick up the complicated offense.

If it's so complicated and hard to decipher then they need to get smarter players or SIMPLIFY the offense and go with more talented players who can make plays no matter how basic the offense.

Hey, if you show a player the playbook  and it looks like hieroglyphics to him then he's probably never gonna learn it.  Let's face it most of these guys aren't the brightest bulbs on the tree to begin with.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Veeren : maybe next year? go take a look at the second round picks since 2000 and throw up. Yes there a one or two exceptions. Just stick to unrestricted free agents. Posted by Benkarkis Or better yet, stop the insanity of continuously trading down for more 2nd and 3rd rounders who end up not getting on the field. Try trading up for a stud for once. sml1210 ben and sml,      where were you guys last year when i wrote about a lot of this?   seems to be more dissension this year and folks more willing to speak about what has been the case consistently and is not improving but eroding our teams capability. glad to read all of your posts! brdreu/bredbru
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

Dude, I've been saying it since 2007,  Their drafting sucks with a few exceptions.  They have wasted a ton of second and third round picks,  just look at the facts, every body should look at the crazy drafts since 2006.  Trading down, trading for next year, plain lousy picks from a - z.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

BB may have looked at the schedule and waited to impliment Veeren.  He was a little behind coming out of camp after the injuries.  Now is when the running game starts to become important.  Now is a good time to start to push the younger players to perform.  I do not agree that the Patriots have had bad drafts the last two years.  They actually have some good players that will be getting better.  Gronk, Hernandez, Spikes, McCourdy, Soldier, Vollmer, Chung, etc. have all worked out well.  Not every draft pick is going to be a probowler.  I am still waiting on Ras I, Brace, Ridley, Veeren etc to come around.  They are young and capable.  Let's hold judgement until they succeed or fail

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

I beg Shane Veeren is quick and faster than Kevin Faulk.  K.F. is old and too slow to hit the holes that the OL give him. But remember, Ben Javis, Steven Ridley and Woodhead are a head of Shane V.  Therefore, he will be in the special teams more often to learn.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

I think we'll see Ridley/Vareen/Price/Cannon/Hoyer get more playing time as the season winds down.  The Pats have an easy schedule the rest of the way, and I think Belichick would look at these games as an extended evaluation period for the younger players on the roster. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Shane Veeren :      Could it be that Vereen is just another of a seemingly endless stream of draft busts, over the past 5 years? This problem is killing our team. Something needs to be done to correct this issue... yesterday!!!! Enough is enough!!! The scouting department needs to be completely revamped.  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Please don't say that. I cannot stomach another bust, especially one taken with another very valuable 2nd round pick.
    I have hope for this kid. I think the Pats should have forced the issue and not taken Faulk back. Let the new kids play, gain experience, and I think we'll be pleansantly surprised.
    I pray that BB works him in over the 2nd half of the season, and he starts taking reps from Faulk. As much as I love Faulk, he is not quite himself. Father Time has just caught up with him + injury.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradythebest. Show Bradythebest's posts

I stay rest Faulk by deavtivating him for couple of games. Rest Lawfirm, until his toe is heeled. Give Ridley and vereen the ball. Woodhead be the experience guy out there. Rest Branch for few games and share his reps between Ocho and Price and see if any one or two click. I would like Solder to get few reps at LT too. 

Sections
Shortcuts