Shane Vereen gets no love

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Shane Vereen gets no love

8 games. 47 catches. 427 yards.

Week 1:

14 carries, 101 yards. 7 catches on 10 targets, 58 yards. Broken wrist.

He came back Week 11, after the team's bye on Week 10.

44 carries for 208 yards...4.7 average for the season.

His durability is a concern, but his talent is undeniable. His production has proven it. 

His 16 games projection would be 94 catches. That's amazing. It's also amazing his production gets so little attention.

He was VERY consistent after coming back. He had a HUGE game against Cleveland (12 catches, 150+ yards), then disappeared. He wasn't targeted, he wasn't utilized. If there was an injury...nobody has ever hear about it as far as I can tell. He was listed with a groin coming into the Denver game, but had full participation the THU before the game.

4 carries, 34 yards.

5 catches, 59 yards.

Easily the most productive offensive player for the Pats. I remember feeling frustated that they weren't using him more during the end of the season...

Coming into 2014, I expect him to be a HUGE part of the offense. Hopefully he can stay healthy, because his production is almost assured to follow.

Edelman

Lafell

Gronkowski

Ridley

Vereen

Amendola

Dobson/Boyce/Thompkins

That is a VERY good group when healthy. Adding one more player to the upper-middle to the top of that list makes it possibly an elite group.

Amaro would fit in nicely. Or Ebron. Or Niklas...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Shane Vereen gets no love

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

His durability is a concern, but his talent is undeniable. His production has proven it. 

Right there answers your own question. It's hard to say you can count on a guy when you don't know if he is going to be there week in and week out. It's why to me guys like him and Gronk should be treated as icing not as starters. If they are on the field great, however, you need to prepare for them not to be by having good backups behind them to take their place.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Durability and drops too many passes, though the cast might've been a factor.

I think he'll be a solid contributor in 2014 if he can stay healthy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

He has the tools and has shown flashes that he can be dynamic. Stay on the field and produce and he will get tons of love from the fans.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Stay on the field, Shane, and you'll get plenty of love.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Stay on the field, Shane, and you'll get plenty of love.

I never considered broken bones to be a reliability issue. I put that in the 'sheet happens' category. Something like constant hamstring issues is what I consider a reliability issue.

A healthy Vereen and Gronk should would a long way towards improving 3rd down conversions.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

He struggled with that wheel rout. Brady dropped it into his bread basket a couple of times and he stone handed it. Might have had something to do with the big cast but it is a concern nevertheless.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

His cast made it difficult for him to catch, but with it off by now and Shane being from Cal, he and Brady are probably working out along with Edelman.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

If he would stay healthy and contribute more consistently, love would surely find him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Absolutely love Vereen! He is a security blanket for Brady. I really would have loved shipping out a 5th round pick for Sproles though!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Still has a way to go to be a Kevin Faulk. Clutch on a cosistent basis, and I'm with you. Better runner though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

100% agree.  Hopefully it was the cast and he can hang on to those wide open sideline wheel route passes.  Dropped 2 crucial ones last season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Very impressed with both RBs (ridley and vereen) presented themselves when they were on NFL Network.  With that said, injuries have derailed him but if he's 100% he's a nightmare for D.  He will be huge this year if he can play a full season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

8 games. 47 catches. 427 yards.

Week 1:

14 carries, 101 yards. 7 catches on 10 targets, 58 yards. Broken wrist.

He came back Week 11, after the team's bye on Week 10.

44 carries for 208 yards...4.7 average for the season.

His 16 games projection would be 94 catches. That's amazing. It's also amazing his production gets so little attention.

He was VERY consistent after coming back. He had a HUGE game against Cleveland (12 catches, 150+ yards), then disappeared. He wasn't targeted, he wasn't utilized. If there was an injury...nobody has ever hear about it as far as I can tell. He was listed with a groin coming into the Denver game, but had full participation the THU before the game.

4 carries, 34 yards.

5 catches, 59 yards.

Easily the most productive offensive player for the Pats. I remember feeling frustated that they weren't using him more during the end of the season...

Coming into 2014, I expect him to be a HUGE part of the offense. Hopefully he can stay healthy, because his production is almost assured to follow.

Edelman

Lafell

Gronkowski

Ridley

Vereen

Amendola

Dobson/Boyce/Thompkins

That is a VERY good group when healthy. Adding one more player to the upper-middle to the top of that list makes it possibly an elite group.

Amaro would fit in nicely. Or Ebron. Or Niklas...

How did he do in the playoffs?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Players who are constantly injured and fail to show up in big games deserve no love. Vereen qualifies. Moreover, BB trusted Vereen so much, that he cheaped out and allowed Woodhead, a proven commodity, to walk. Woodhead was having a great year in SD, while Vereen was substandard for the Pats. Gee, where is the love?

3-D RB is a crucial position considering Brady can no longer throw deep. It's safe to say that the team would have reached the SB if Woodhead stayed.

I love Vereen so much, that I'll be very disappointed if BB doesn't replace him this offseason.

BB must admit his 2nd round mistake and move on. After 3 seasons, it's obvious that Vereen is done here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

This sums it up pretty well.  I will also say, I think Pats fan love this kids ability and the match up problems he creates.  He's plenty loved by Patriot fans.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Vereen is a star in the making as is Ridley. We'll ride them to the super bowl along with a healthy Gronk.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:

Players who are constantly injured and fail to show up in big games deserve no love. Vereen qualifies. Moreover, BB trusted Vereen so much, that he cheaped out and allowed Woodhead, a proven commodity, to walk. Woodhead was having a great year in SD, while Vereen was substandard for the Pats. Gee, where is the love?

3-D RB is a crucial position considering Brady can no longer throw deep. It's safe to say that the team would have reached the SB if Woodhead stayed.

I love Vereen so much, that I'll be very disappointed if BB doesn't replace him this offseason.

BB must admit his 2nd round mistake and move on. After 3 seasons, it's obvious that Vereen is done here.

So according to you BB should have gotten rid of Brady due to his injuries?

Clueless whiner

Sections
Shortcuts