Sharing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Sharing

This was passed along to me. Not sure where they got it so hopefully it is accurate.

Interesting facts:

Top 3 easiest schedules this year based on opponent wins (league average is 120):
    1st - Atlanta (105)
    2nd - Cincinnati (106)
    3rd - Indianapolis (108)

All three are in the playoffs.

Remaining playoff teams:
    8th - Denver (114)
    14th - Washington (120.5)
    15th - Baltimore (121)
    18th - New England (123)
    18th - Houston (123)
    21st - Seattle (124)
    23rd - San Fransisco (124.5)
    25th - Green Bay (125)
    29th - Minnesota (127)

Detroit finished last with 133.  At 4 and 12, 10 of their losses came against teams with 10 wins or more, finishing 1-10 against teams with winning records.

Denver has 2 wins against teams with winning records - all the other playoff teams have 3 or more.  And those two wins came against a banged up Baltimore team in disarray in the middle of their 1-4 streak at the end of the season, and a Cincinnati team whose 3 wins against teams with winning records came against a Washington team early in the year before they got hot, an inconsistent Giants team, and a Baltimore team against it's backup QB.  And as stated above, Cincinnati had the 2nd easiest schedule.

Denver's other opponents with winning records?  Atlanta (13-3), Houston, (12-4), and New England (12-4) - all losses.  I know all those losses were early in the year but Denver hasn't proven to anyone that they are the "team to beat".  But they do have Peyton Manning...

Most impressive team against teams with winning records?  Seattle with 5 wins and 1 loss.  Atlanta, as easy as their schedule has been, is 3 and 0.

Other playoff teams vs teams with winning records:
    San Fransisco: 4-3
    Houston: 4-4
    Minnesota: 4-5
    Green Bay: 4-5
    Cincinnati: 3-2
    New England: 3-3
    Washington: 3-3
    Indianapolis: 3-3
    Baltimore: 3-4

Pittsburgh is the only other team to have a winning record at 4-3 vs teams with winning records.  Chicago, who at 10-6 just missed out on the playoffs due to a tie breaker, suffered all 6 losses to teams with winning records.  All of Denver's, Houston's, and Green Bay's losses were also to teams with winning records.  Dallas, at 8-8, suffered 7 of their losses to teams with winning records.  5 of Minnesota's 6 losses were to teams with winning records, as were 3 of New England's 4 losses.

Average opponents' wins in games won:
    Seattle: 8.5
    San Fransisco: 7.6
    New England: 7.5
    Minnesota: 7.3
    Washington: 7.2
    Green Bay: 7.0
    Baltimore: 7.0
    Houston: 6.9
    Atlanta: 6.7
    Indianapolis: 6.5
    Denver: 6.2
    Cincinnati: 6.1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: Sharing

Don't show this to crybaby Jints.

Thanks for the read LFIQ.  Interesting stuff.  I still think the Pats are the team to beat.

I called SF vs. NE at the beginning of the year but I think I might revise it and say NE vs. GB.  What a Super Bowl that would be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I've started a couple of threads on strength of schedule during the season and it is interesting looking at the numbers. The old saying "You are what your record says you are" is true to a point but strength of schedule is definitely a factor but there are also other variables. Jintsfan would always come in and say that the Giants play good teams with bad records and the Patriots play bad teams with bad records. He can be amusing at times.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks for the read LFIQ.  Interesting stuff.  I still think the Pats are the team to beat.

I called SF vs. NE at the beginning of the year but I think I might revise it and say NE vs. GB.  What a Super Bowl that would be.

[/QUOTE]

come on irish-this is all out-of-context number twisting with little to do with what actually happens on the field or takes into account bad teams as opposed to good teams playing bad who are still capable of greatness on any given sunday due to the talent involved (see saints, steelers)-been thru all this already

no matter how u twist, turn or cherry pick the fact is Giants had toughest schedule in football and pats schedule was rather soft-which thru no fault of their own includes their horrendous division the AFCF EASY and getting 2 of the 3 real tough games u guys played at home

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

come on irish-this is all out-of-context number twisting with little to do with what actually happens on the field or takes into account bad teams as opposed to good teams playing bad who are still capable of greatness on any given sunday due to the talent involved (see saints, steelers)-been thru all this already

no matter how u twist, turn or cherry pick the fact is Giants had toughest schedule in football and pats schedule was rather soft-which thru no fault of their own includes their horrendous division the AFCF EASY and getting 2 of the 3 real tough games u guys played at home

[/QUOTE]

"No matter how you state the truth, my imagination is what really matters!"

-JintsFan

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

-JintsFan

[/QUOTE]

well first u gotta state the truth...  :  )

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Other playoff teams vs teams with winning records:
    San Fransisco: 4-3
    Houston: 4-4
    Minnesota: 4-5
    Green Bay: 4-5
    Cincinnati: 3-2
    New England: 3-3
    Washington: 3-3
    Indianapolis: 3-3
    Baltimore: 3-4

[/QUOTE]

Denver 2-3 They beat Balt and Cinc.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

-JintsFan

[/QUOTE]

well first u gotta state the truth...  :  )

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.

Pats and Jints both had mediocre schedules, by any OBJECTIVE (translation: any method besides JintsFan crying, "Because I said so") measure.

Pats, at 12-4, made the playoffs.

Jints, at 9-7, failed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey tool, lately you been running your mouth alot about the Pats schedule VS the Jints. How about you tell the truth for a change and stop with the lies?! Like when you call our division the AFC Easy! Well if you even bothered to research you would know the AFC East and NFC East had identical 31-33 records. So I guess you should be saying the "NFC Easy" and your Jints couldnt even get in! Troll.

Sections
Shortcuts