Shaun Ellis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Shaun Ellis

Great news that the Pats' signed Ellis to a one year deal. He may be old, but he was one of the veteran leaders on that Jets' "D". Mike Tannenbaum was short-sighted in offering Ellis only the veteran minimum: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/07/patriots-pick-up-shaun-ellis/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

I am phsyched !!! Lets go Patriots!

Can't wait for the season to start!! Looking forward to seeing our D - did not think I would say that after the last ~3 years !!

:-)

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Shaun Ellis:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Still can't believe that Tannenbaum "insulted" Ellis with a veteran minimum offer...thereby greasing the skids for him to become a Patriot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac24. Show mac24's posts

Great signing. I really look forward to seeing this defense on the field. Nothing but improved. Bodden back, quality depth signings, plus the young guys with another year under their belt. Good stuff!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

the jets took mason over cotchery because he was cheaper and they had to do something to save face. after all of the hype about how they were going to sign all these pro bowl players they end up losing guys in their prime for old guys that cost less. the salary cap has caught up with them. the plan didn't work unless their ultimate goal was to make it to the afc championship game. its all dowm from here for the jets who will be in a fight with the bills for 2nd place this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Jets should have a lot of cap space left now that they reworked everyone's deal when they were trying for Nnamdi, don't they?  The keep losing people and haven't signed much so what are they doing?  Holding out for someone big to sign or just plain mismanaging their situation?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Jets McCheater, please just go back to where you came from.  You bring nothing to this forum and make yourself look like that guy who keeps arguing even though you are wrong.  You are clearly a jets shrill, you seem to not know much about football and in less then one month have more posts then most people have in one year.  Get a life and go back to the jets forum.... unless they kicked you out for being a dumb*ss there too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

You just know that Rexie is pissed over Shaun Ellis going to the Patriots. The fat one has refused to wish him well. This is a good sign for Pats' fans. Rex would hardly care, unless he thought that Ellis had something left...and that he had plans for him this season. 

Like the Danny Woodhead decision, this is another personnel mistake by Goblins' GM, Mike Tannenbaum. He thought that Ellis would never leave...and bought in on the idea that everybody wants to play for Rex. 

Can't blame Ellis for leaving. The Jets' offer of a one year deal at the veteran minimum was insulting: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/07/rex-ryan-wont-wish-shaun-ellis-well/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I like the pick up. Patriots d-line is gonna be awesome this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

thats right, rex is pissed for sure about losing ellis to the Patriots of all teams. He's been fairly quiet lately since his earlier predictions of a superbowl. as the Patriots have been improving thier roster the jets have been taking a step back on what seems like a daily basis. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Losing Edwards, Smith, Cotchery, and Ellis will bite NY. But they had so many holes to fill and so many bg contracts to sign, I think they did as well as they could have all considered.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Losing Edwards, Smith, Cotchery, and Ellis will bite NY. But they had so many holes to fill and so many bg contracts to sign, I think they did as well as they could have all considered.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree with you. There's no way that they should have let Ellis walk. Ditto with Braylon Edwards...who didn't get that much from the 49ers. For what they spent on 37 year old Derrick Mason, they could have easily signed Ellis. The money they spent on 35 year old Plax could have been used to sign Edwards.   

The Jets spent too much time and energy chasing the Nnamdi dream. As a result, they seemingly were playing catch-up through this abbreviated pre-season. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Rex Ryan and his group of Goblins are not happy about losing Shaun Ellis to the Pats: http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/08/jets_react_to_shaun_ellis_depa.html

Losing Ellis thrusts rookie #1 pick, Muhammad Wilkerson, into the Jets' starting line-up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]I heard the pats signed a DL today and it wasnt Ellis.  Hoping it means that you are done kicking his tires. 
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

leon your bums werent going to win it anytime soon anyway at last now one of your guys will know what it fels like...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

[QUOTE]     Still waiting to hear on Shaun Ellis. Are the Patriots genuinely interested in Ellis? Or, are they just trying to drive up the price for him to sign with the Jets?: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/793022-nfl-free-agency-why-the-patriots-need-to-sign-shaun-ellis
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I guess we got our Answer TP! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Pouha, Devito, Wilkerson, Dixon, K.Ellis, Gilbert and Ropati will be the Jets DL in thier 3-4 this year.  Sorry big cat but you have been chopped.  Like Rex, I wish you health but you will have to go down just like every day at practice against the Brickwall...

You picked up our oldest and most expendible DL and you treat it like he is the missing link to your defensive woes.  Immediately he moves in as a starter?  That is sad. he would have started for us out of senority, nothing more.  I guess this is a good indicator of the level of our 2 defenses.

In all honesty, I will miss the Big Cat. He did dance on Brady's face last year so big ups to you shawn.  Take care.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

sentimentally i was.  now he is dead to me. at least until he retires as a jet.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Some details here on Ellis signing:

http://rotoworld.com/teams/nfl/ne/new-england-patriots

Shaun Ellis will earn $4 million on his one-year deal with the Patriots and can make another $1 million in incentives.
    According to ESPN's John Clayton, the Jets offered Ellis just $910,000 on a one-year deal. The contract shows that Ellis is a strong bet to win a starting job in New England despite impressive depth at defensive end. It's also yet another sign that the Patriots are going to play

Sections
Shortcuts