Shaun Ellis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Re: Shaun Ellis

In Response to Re: Shaun Ellis:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shaun Ellis : Why don't you go on record and explain how good the Patriots DL has to be and what kind of stats Ellis needs to have in order for this to be a good signing. In addition, how bad does the Jets D need to be and how bad does the repalcement for Ellis need to be for this to be a bad move by the Jets.  Is this one of those "if they don't win the superbowl, it was a poor decision to let Ellis go'?  And what a foolish comparrison you try to make with Woodhead.  A top 5 running team really blew it by not playing Woodhead instead of LT. 
    Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]

Rather than do all of that statistical analysis for you, we will settle for beating the YETS twice this year with our puny little defensive line, that will be putting Sanchez on his gluteus maximus over and over again until he thinks its ground hog day. Then there is our lousy offense that you really won't have to worry about, because you won't be able to stop them.  Finally no souper bowl for you!!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]Some details here on Ellis signing: http://rotoworld.com/teams/nfl/ne/new-england-patriots Shaun Ellis will earn $4 million on his one-year deal with the Patriots and can make another $1 million in incentives. According to ESPN's John Clayton, the Jets offered Ellis just $910,000 on a one-year deal. The contract shows that Ellis is a strong bet to win a starting job in New England despite impressive depth at defensive end. It's also yet another sign that the Patriots are going to play
    Posted by NOISE[/QUOTE]

wow that is a lot more than i though ellis would go, i was thinking like 2.5 million with one million in incentives, but I trust BB to make the right call, i guess he got some of the screw with the jets account.  it will be nice to line him up with wilfork and haynesworth.  I would love to see the jets run against them.... LT or green are going to be practically running into a brick wall.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

1) apparently a great locker room guy.  and tough as nails (according to Ryan)
    2) you sign him away from your biggest (division, no less) rival
    3) Surround him with great talent, so he can't be negated with 2x teams.

= Great, great move. 

Even though i was surprised to see the contract size.  BB must a) really like him, and b) have big plans.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Some details here on Ellis signing: http://rotoworld.com/teams/nfl/ne/new-england-patriots Shaun Ellis will earn $4 million on his one-year deal with the Patriots and can make another $1 million in incentives. According to ESPN's John Clayton, the Jets offered Ellis just $910,000 on a one-year deal. The contract shows that Ellis is a strong bet to win a starting job in New England despite impressive depth at defensive end. It's also yet another sign that the Patriots are going to play
    Posted by NOISE[/QUOTE]

The bottom line is...the Patriots respected Ellis and his talents, more than the Jets: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/08/shaun-ellis-had-an-easy-decision/ 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Here's guessing that prying him away from the Jets was a factor in the contract size.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Question: some Jets fans on other sites are claiming that Bill will bring in Ellis to learn about the Jets schemes and release him before the season. I don't buy that obviously, but how much of his salary would he still earn if that were to happen?

I know it was a $4 million deal with $1 in incentives.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

i though 4 mill was a lot for a player his age as well, but B.B. must know how valuble he is , not to mention the info he could provide about Sexy Rexy and his tendencies...def. assures he wont be cut, unless he completely flops here, but he is durable so should be a good fit...he is gonna want to stick to the Jets for that lowball offer

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The topic of Bill needing Ellis to understand Rex's play book is absurd. You telling me a guy like Bill can't figure out what a team is doing after having an entire off season to watch it on film? He probably knows their system better than Ellis does, plus Rex's system and any new wrinkles added to it will be something Ellis wasn't even in camp this year to learn.
    I'm shocked that they are paying him this much though...4 million? I thought 2 million would be the tops. He must be a heck of a player and based off his career statistics and some video out there on him - maybe he is?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Yeah mthurl, I agree that Hoody wouldn't use him to learn the defense. It wasn't what they did last January. It was the fact that we couldn't stop it because of sloppy play and poor execution.

I'm hoping this is a case where Hoody thinks he can get some great production out of a player for a year or two. He clearly feels that way because he doesn't throw around money like that...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4699489/nfl-live-impact-of-shaun-ellis

It looks like Shaun Ellis was the only one that didn't buy into Rex Ryan's ways. He's come to the right place then.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shaun Ellis :      I have to disagree with you. There's no way that they should have let Ellis walk. Ditto with Braylon Edwards...who didn't get that much from the 49ers. For what they spent on 37 year old Derrick Mason, they could have easily signed Ellis. The money they spent on 35 year old Plax could have been used to sign Edwards.         The Jets spent too much time and energy chasing the Nnamdi dream. As a result, they seemingly were playing catch-up through this abbreviated pre-season.          
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Plax is 33 not 35

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shaun Ellis : leon your bums werent going to win it anytime soon anyway at last now one of your guys will know what it fels like...
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

Jcour382:  Off topic, but I wanted to extend a sincere apology to you with regard to a post of mine last week on another thread.  I was sparring with the waste known as UD6 and mistakenly thought a post you made was by a "McCheaters" as you both had the same avatar.  Well, he called me on it and I didn't even think that two posters would have the same avatar (less the blank-sillouette type thing folks have that don't have an avatar).  In my response I was being purposely snarky toward him, and then you chimed in on my response indicating that you had the avatar first.  I never meant to insinuate that it was yours originally (though in re-reading my post I certainly did a poor job in communicating that fact).  A belated apology (out of town for a few days) - as soon as you mentioned that Phat Rex lifted your avatar it became abundently clear what the deal was - LOL :).  I've been scanning recent topics and I see McCheaters now has another avatar - go figure.  My bad and my apologies.

Sections
Shortcuts