Shaun O'Hara -- an idiot of epic proportions.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Shaun O'Hara -- an idiot of epic proportions.

Add this guy to the list of closed-minded, idiotic former players turned NFL show analyst. 

Just compared Cooper's slur to that of a DUI, or a marijuana possession charge. Claimed that because players are forgiven for such actions, it makes complete sense to forgive Cooper for his.

To even begin to compare those things is so unbelieveably asinine...

One is a person making a poor decision (DUI), which doesn't necessarily reflect on their moral character. It may reflect on their judgment and intelligence, but it'd be a reach to judge their morality on a DUI. That said, DUIs are a tricky thing, and I take issue with them.

The other is a person making a choice to put a benign drug into their body, which shows absolutely nothing with regards to one's moral fabric. Why it's still an illegal drug is beyond me. But I digress.

Cooper's remark shows a misguided young man, who clearly lacks any kind of a moral compass. How this is comparable to using cannabis, or even getting a DUI, is completely beyond me.

Take whatever this nut says with a grain of salt from here on forward.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Re: Shaun O'Hara -- an idiot of epic proportions.

I agree except you are forgetting people who drive drunk kill a lot of people every year, so I do not see them as tricky, they are putting somebody elses life in jeapordy.

One shot one kill! The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other guy die for his.

George S Patton Jr

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

why keep dragging this on? he made a mistake and apologized for it. he didnt hurt anyone other than some sensitive people's feelings.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:

I agree except you are forgetting people who drive drunk kill a lot of people every year, so I do not see them as tricky, they are putting somebody elses life in jeapordy.

One shot one kill! The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other guy die for his.

George S Patton Jr

That's why I said a DUI is a tricky thing.

It certainly shows a lack of judgment, and I agree that it can show someone who has a poor moral compass. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Give it a break. The guy got bombed and used a naughty word because he was angry. Painting him by implication as some wild eyed racist that secretly slays AAs right after his Klan meeting breaks up each night is far more morally detestable than his no-no word use. And a sane person commenting about his being liquored up being a factor is certainly reasonable and not deserving of some fanatic liberal foaming at the mouth attack.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The only difference between drunks and sober people is that drunks will actually say what sober people only think.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

p-mike hit the nail on the head.

I take it you're condoning racism, and don't see any problem with it, correct, Babe?

Let's go Pats!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

why keep dragging this on? he made a mistake and apologized for it. he didnt hurt anyone other than some sensitive people's feelings.

and you would be black then?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

George S Patton Jr

It certainly shows a lack of judgment, and I agree that it can show someone who has a poor moral compass. 

no- abusing children, stealing, greed, cheating on ur spouse, rape, murder...these show a "poor moral compass" to use that silly bs phrase

dui isn't even a dwi it means u had 3 beers instead of two...smarten up

soon jaywalking will be frontpage news

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I take it you're condoning racism, and don't see any problem with it, correct, Babe?

Let's go Pats!

I take it that you consider any drunk person who uses a naughty word a "racist" that should be branded with a scarlet letter, correct, dreighver?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

p-mike hit the nail on the head.

That is jumping to an unsubstantiated conclusion isn't it? Is this exemplary of the criteria you use to form all your views?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

I'm not black, but I heard somebody called somebody else a mick once, and I'm relatively unscathed by that. :)))

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

nope, but i have had people use racial jokes against me before, it seems there are some made up about every race. but anyways you just have to brush it off, theres no reason to let something stupid like that, bother you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

The only difference between drunks and sober people is that drunks will actually say what sober people only think.

bingo.  Truth serum.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

For the apologists - I recommend Whitlock's column.  This one's good for you, Babe.  Whitlock's black so it will give your perspective the cover it needs. 

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/whitlock-riley-cooper-eagles-wr-n-word-gaffe-offers-perfect-time-to-evolve-and-learn-080113

naughty word - I've never heard it described that way. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

And that's the problem . . . what he said drunk makes a lot of people wonder what he thinks sober. It certainly is awkward when a large percentage of your teammates are African-American.  They've got to wonder if he's thinking "n . . ." whenever he sees them.

That said, he's asked for forgiveness and his teammates seem to have granted it, so it's kind of a non-issue now.  Everyone at some point in his or her life has thought something he or she probably shouldn't have thought about someone else or said something they shouldn't have said (sober or drunk).  I think this is more embarassing and awkward than anything else, and like most embarassing and awkward things can be overcome with better behaviour in the future. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

For the apologists - I recommend Whitlock's column.  This one's good for you, Babe.  Whitlock's black so it will give your perspective the cover it needs. 

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/whitlock-riley-cooper-eagles-wr-n-word-gaffe-offers-perfect-time-to-evolve-and-learn-080113

This is a very good article and pretty much reflects how I feel about this incident. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

That was a good article. Whitlock displays wisdom which is so much more appealing than knee-jerk adherence to the party line agenda will ever be. Automatic condemnation of someone as a racist with only a hint of that shown is as bad as actually being a racist. It is made of exactly the same stuff.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

And that's the problem . . . what he said drunk makes a lot of people wonder what he thinks sober. It certainly is awkward when a large percentage of your teammates are African-American.  They've got to wonder if he's thinking "n . . ." whenever he sees them.

That said, he's asked for forgiveness and his teammates seem to have granted it, so it's kind of a non-issue now.  Everyone at some point in his or her life has thought something he or she probably shouldn't have thought about someone else or said something they shouldn't have said (sober or drunk).  I think this is more embarassing and awkward than anything else, and like most embarassing and awkward things can be overcome with better behaviour in the future. 

This is a very sensible view. Maybe this guy is a racist, maybe he isn't. What he did is certainly reprehensible. But for damned sure, anybody stamping racist across his forehead based on what we actually know is just as bad as any actual racist, and is basically also doing what racists do.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

This is a very sensible view. Maybe this guy is a racist, maybe he isn't. What he did is certainly reprehensible. But for damned sure, anybody stamping racist across his forehead based on what we actually know is just as bad as any actual racist, and is basically also doing what racists do. 

slowly walking back your original comments, huh babe?  I figured you would given your earlier comments:

I don't slam people for their age, job, education, income or other personal traits. I don't choose to sink to that level. I slam them for the stupid things they say about football or their moral compass.

Sometimes those fingers get ahead of your ability to digest the situation, huh?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

slowly walking back your original comments, huh babe?  I figured you would given your earlier comments:

I don't slam people for their age, job, education, income or other personal traits. I don't choose to sink to that level. I slam them for the stupid things they say about football or their moral compass.

What the hell are you even talking about troll? You had better lay off the corn squeezins hillbilly.

What language is this? "slowly walking back your original comments"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Or, maybe he's just a hypcrite and doesn't know it?

Or maybe you're as clueless as your fellow troll dumbkoff. The Colts troll is quoting another thread which has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Or maybe you're as clueless as your fellow troll dumbkoff. The Colts troll is quoting another thread which has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion.

Ah - so your level of morality changes by the thread.  Got it. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

George S Patton Jr

no- abusing children, stealing, greed, cheating on ur spouse, rape, murder...these show a "poor moral compass" to use that silly bs phrase

dui isn't even a dwi it means u had 3 beers instead of two...smarten up

soon jaywalking will be frontpage news

I'm sorry to hear you feel that DUIs are excuseable offenses. While I consider Cooper's comments more offensive than a DUI (or DWI), these things still put others at risk due to your choice. When you're putting others in danger, that's something that bothers me.

I'm not a religious person, but I believe strongly in morality.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Ah - so your level of morality changes by the thread.  Got it. 

How do you conclude this with that warped little troll mind?

In what way does one have anything to do with the other troll?

Sections
Shortcuts