shawn merriman?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

shawn merriman?

do we take a chance on this guy. sign him to like a one year deal so that if he is causing problems with us we cut him. We need someone to help our pass rush and this guy use to be a force. Yeah he is not as good since he got busted for steroids but maybe a change in where he plays can help. So assuming he gets cut like chargers say they are going to do do we take a shot at him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: shawn merriman?

I think he is done, but bringing him in couldn't hurt. The thing is, he isn't the kind of linebacker BB looks for. He is really one dimensional, even when he is racking up sacks (something we haven't seen in a few seasons).

However, rest assured that SD will promptly release him after the game against NE.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

I'd bring him in for a look,can't hurt,but I would be surprised if he ends up on the team but he is signed it is obvious that B.B. sees something left in his game.As I said it can't hurt to give him a workout and interview.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Can't hurt to look but he hasn't been the same since he got caught for roids. His body has been breaking down at an unbelievable rate and his performance has dropped to sub package level.  I just don't see him out playing anyone on the roster for a spot right now

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

In Response to Re: shawn merriman?:
    [QUOTE]Can't hurt to look but he hasn't been the same since he got caught for roids. His body has been breaking down at an unbelievable rate and his performance has dropped to sub package level.  I just don't see him out playing anyone on the roster for a spot right now
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%, we have better already!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

no give more snaps to Crable

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Our guys are developing nicely...why mess with that chemistry....no, I'd pass on this distraction...shawn seems like a very selfish horay for me individule....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisBarb. Show ChrisBarb's posts

In Response to shawn merriman?:
    [QUOTE]do we take a chance on this guy. sign him to like a one year deal so that if he is causing problems with us we cut him. We need someone to help our pass rush and this guy use to be a force. Yeah he is not as good since he got busted for steroids but maybe a change in where he plays can help. So assuming he gets cut like chargers say they are going to do do we take a shot at him?
    Posted by patsfan1994[/QUOTE]No no no no no no no no.........................

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: shawn merriman?:
    [QUOTE]I think he is done, but bringing him in couldn't hurt. The thing is, he isn't the kind of linebacker BB looks for. He is really one dimensional, even when he is racking up sacks (something we haven't seen in a few seasons). However, rest assured that SD will promptly release him after the game against NE.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

you think he might play against NE?

i read he's on the IR

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_16402129

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

No. He won't play. But he is on the IR with a minor injury designation. That means they need to release him when he is 'healthy.' They only did this to keep NE from picking him up before the game. IMO of course. Otherwise, it makes more sense to release him outright so they don't have to keep signing his game checks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to shawn merriman?:
    [QUOTE]do we take a chance on this guy. sign him to like a one year deal so that if he is causing problems with us we cut him. We need someone to help our pass rush and this guy use to be a force. Yeah he is not as good since he got busted for steroids but maybe a change in where he plays can help. So assuming he gets cut like chargers say they are going to do do we take a shot at him?
    Posted by patsfan1994[/QUOTE]
    mebbe for league minimum....plus incentives if he can stay healthy and perform well

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

Unfortunately, he seems to be done.  I don't know if he is the "cancer" kind of player, in fact I'm pretty certain he grew up as an orphan.  I do know that on September 6, 2009 Merriman was arrested and charged with battery and false imprisonment. An acquaintance, reality TV star Tila Tequila, claimed in an arrest complaint that he choked and restrained her when she tried to leave his home.

I don't know choking a b----h fits the M.O. for the Patriot Way.