Shawne Merriman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Re: Shawne Merriman

He is terrible.  we'd be better off signing Junior Seau for another year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VirginiaPats. Show VirginiaPats's posts

Personally, I think if we can get him for the Vet minumum for rest of year why not, see if he has any gass left in the tank. he is only a 6 or 7 year vet so may be worth giving him a tryout.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

this topic only needs 1 thread, like the common theme of the first thread started on this yesterday, DON'T BOTHER and he is not a BB type guy.  once he got off the ROIDS his body deteriorated

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

The Jets are probably lining up to sign him as soon as he is available. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from facman34288. Show facman34288's posts

In Response to Shawne Merriman:
    He has something left-remember Moss, Dillon etc were not BB guys but they became that...the Pats have no pass rush can he give it? Probably on occassion, he is just too young to be washed up

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

Yeah - I agree with you facman. Especially because if he is released, there is really no risk except the money. Some people seem to think Jermaine Cunningham is the answer and I hope they are right but I think he is still pretty green and wont really emerge as a pass rusher until he has more experience. I think if Merriman can overcome his injuries he could really make a difference in that defense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

The guy had 39 sacks in 3 years before his injuries. I don't think he is gonna be 100% back again and without being 100%, his skills are not there.

In Moss's case he wasn't injured and his skills didnt get diminished. He was just not interested to play at Oakland. Dillon was still producing at Cincinatti but was just frustrated with all the losing there and wanted out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

I dont think he is the type of player BB wants. But I think its stupid to say he was only a good player when he used steroids. Even after his suspension he registered 17 sacks for the remaining season and in 2007 he went to another Pro Bowl (wthout steriods). He was a beast and I think he is talented, otherwise the Chargers would have cut him long ago. I think he needs new motivation and surroundings, so I wouldnt rule him out yet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

If he has anything left the Chargers will resign him because they need LBers worse than the Pats do as they have had so many go down this year and Merriman does not want to leave San Diego (who would?) . . . so I see him staying with SD for cheaper money and if SD does not go after him then that tells me the tank is empty!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Shawne Merriman:
    Does Shawn Merriman still have enough left after his injuries to be an effective player for the Pats? I remember what a force he was a few years ago and if his body will rebound I would love to see the Patriots sign him if San Diego releases him as reported. Seriously - a playet like him at 80% of what he used to be would still be better than the current options the Patriots have at outside linebacker. Any thoughts on this?   
    Posted by stewart7557

Stew...Merriman has been a stiff ever since he was forced off 'roids. He's also damaged goods due to a serious knee injury.   

Sections
Shortcuts