Shayne Graham

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

Shayne Graham

This kid has done a really nice job of replacing Stephen Gostkowski.  I see that Graham has a 85.2% FG Percentage for his career which just happens to be the 5th best in the history of the NFL.  Not bad!!  How is it that this kid was out of the NFL when we signed him?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Re: Shayne Graham

This 'kid' is 33 years old!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I agree. He's done well. I know he missed two XPs, but I'll give him a pass. He was rusty on the first one and the second one was in a blizzard.

Overall, his kick offs are solid and he looks comfortable in the role.

He was the best available kicker out there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Kickers tend to be streaky and -- as everyone knows -- you're only as good as your last kick. We all know the tragic tale of Mike Vanderjagt, the erstwhile "idiot kicker" who was the most accurate kicker in the league until . . .   one magical day . . .   he wasn't.

A perfectly serviceable punter was released yesterday because he fumbled a snap on a PAT. They're often perceived as expendable and interchangeable, but in reality, they (placekickers . . .   not punters) play under more pressure than anyone else on the field. 

The loss of Gostkowski was a huge blow to the Pats, and if Graham can carry his own weight for the rest of the campaign, more power to him. But we haven't seen Graham in any kind of a pressure situation yet -- and nobody should ever miss a PAT, under any circumstances.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In Response to Re: Shayne Graham:
    [QUOTE]This 'kid' is 33 years old!
    Posted by Patsfan038[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but anyone under 50 is a kid to me.  But I still don't see how he was not playing on another Team.  I think he is better than several I have seen this year.  I am just glad that he was available at this late date.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

[QUOTE]Kickers tend to be streaky and -- as everyone knows -- you're only as good as your last kick. We all know the tragic tale of Mike Vanderjagt, the erstwhile "idiot kicker" who was the most accurate kicker in the league until . . .   one magical day . . .   he wasn't. A perfectly serviceable punter was released yesterday because he fumbled a snap on a PAT. They're often perceived as expendable and interchangeable, but in reality, they (placekickers . . .   not punters) play under more pressure than anyone else on the field.  The loss of Gostkowski was a huge blow to the Pats, and if Graham can carry his own weight for the rest of the campaign, more power to him. But we haven't seen Graham in any kind of a pressure situation yet -- and nobody should ever miss a PAT, under any circumstances.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Good points, but when I saw his career FG percentage, it seemed odd that he was not an active player in the league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

[QUOTE]I agree. He's done well. I know he missed two XPs, but I'll give him a pass. He was rusty on the first one and the second one was in a blizzard. Overall, his kick offs are solid and he looks comfortable in the role. He was the best available kicker out there.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

He has done pretty fair in some nasty wind and snow at times.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shayne Graham : Good points, but when I saw his career FG percentage, it seemed odd that he was not an active player in the league.
    Posted by Clay73[/QUOTE]

he was cut by the bungles, and we know how good they are at making decisions. All i have to say is that they signed TO and Ochocinco and by doing so put them in the same locker room under a coach who doesn't control his lockerroom.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shayne Graham : He has done pretty fair in some nasty wind and snow at times.
    Posted by Clay73[/QUOTE]

I thought the first one he kicked against Chicago was very impressive . . .  if he actually kicked it.

The thing took off like it was going to be wide right by about three miles and the wind just pushed it right back where it was supposed to go.

If he actually accounted for the wind on that kick -- as opposed to simply getting lucky -- my hat is off to him.

Sections
Shortcuts