Shiancoe returns to practice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

Shiancoe returns to practice

Returned to practice Tuesday.  As per the CBA, he will be eligible to play after Week 8. The team has 21 days to add him to the active roster, or place him on IR for the remainder of the season.

I consider this good news.  A veteran at the TE position would definitely help the team right now.     

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Shiancoe returns to practice

In response to dastardly's comment:

Returned to practice Tuesday.  As per the CBA, he will be eligible to play after Week 8. The team has 21 days to add him to the active roster, or place him on IR for the remainder of the season.

I consider this good news.  A veteran at the TE position would definitely help the team right now.     

Who?  I totally forgot this guy. Maybe now we can rest up Gronk for the SB!  would hate to have him hurt again...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Who?  I totally forgot this guy. Maybe now we can rest up Gronk for the SB!  would hate to have him hurt again...

I meant he probably has more to offer than Hoomoanawanui. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

Shiancoe's a good player who has been largely forgotten for obvious reasons. Probably not quite as good a blocker as Fells but a good pass catching TE.

He's basically just a season removed from being the Vikes #1 TE. Before Hernandez came on the scene and changed a few perspectives there were some in Viking land who would refer to Shiancoe as a hybrid between TE and WR. a bit of a stretch but he has talent and can help the team, although one has to wonder how many of these TE's they can carry on the active roster.

The guy I'd like to see get healthy and out there is Myron Pryor. He's shown some ability, albeit in limited action, to create that interior pass rush that would sure help.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Assuming after the bye week Gronk and Hernandez are healthy, I dont see Shiancoe beating out Fells (better blocker) for that 3rd TE position. Hooma seems to be a special teams core player, is Shiancoe capable of that?

I think Shiancoe is strictly insurance against injury, and won't see snaps

W/b nice to have Pryor back however

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Assuming after the bye week Gronk and Hernandez are healthy, I dont see Shiancoe beating out Fells (better blocker) for that 3rd TE position. Hooma seems to be a special teams core player, is Shiancoe capable of that?

You may be right, as I don't see Shiancoe as bringing any special teams value. It's a luxury having all these talented TE's but maybe one they can't afford with greater needs elsewhere.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Awesome! Look for McDaniels 5 TE spread in the near future. What will they do with Ballard when he comes back?  Can't run a 6 TE spread.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Ballard will the the QB in that set...it's brilliant!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to FishTaco64's comment:

Ballard will the the QB in that set...it's brilliant!

Ballard and Shiancoe will switch off reporting to the ref that they are 'eligible' on any given play. Eventually both the refs and the defense will get confused and give up a big play. And Eva Longoria will show up since she is also now eligible.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Quite possibly  Eva will be at Pats games looking for Shiancoe. If she saw the Vikings locker room interview video a few years back with Vischante making a cameo on his return from the shower.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

" A veteran at the TE position would definitely help the team right now.    "

was that tongue in cheek?

another wr like te is what we need right now. 

thats the last thing i would say, though i love the depth, so that we have a chance in the postseason if a te goes down.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Awesome! Look for McDaniels 5 TE spread in the near future. What will they do with Ballard when he comes back?  Can't run a 6 TE spread.

ballard wont be on a field till bext year

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

exactly

Sections
Shortcuts