SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Re: SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES? called WARREN, still think WOODY +HOYER are goners but SILVESTRO, DEMPS +EBNER are keepers!

In Response to Re: SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES? called WARREN, still think WOODY +HOYER are goners but SILVESTRO, DEMPS +EBNER are keepers!:
    In Response to Re: SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES? called WARREN, still think WOODY +HOYER are goners but SILVESTRO, DEMPS +EBNER are keepers! : Yep Hoyer is done after this year. But, given his progression Mallett might be ready to be the only backup next year with no issues. To me at least he still needs to work on a couple of fixable issues before that responsibility is thrust on him. Hoyer is here on a reasonable deal and has done it before so I don't see how having the 53rd man being Hoyer would hurt this team, unless people feel like Mallett is ready to be a starter tomorrow of course. Personally I think another development year for Mallett and letting Hoyer take the brunt of responsibility this year would be more beneficial to Malletts develop as Brady future replacement then letting him go alone
    Posted by PatsEng

Tell you the truth...If Brady goes down this year neither Hoyer nor Mallott will be able to step in and salvage the season. Hoyer has shown after his years in the system he is lacking in talent, But Mallott has shown he has the talent and is in need of more seasoning. So the only logical move is to go with the player who has the most to gain for the extra game reps. Putting Hoyer in would just ret@rd (can't wright ret@ar??? makes no sense)  Mallotts development in the system, and being he is the future of the back up spot that makes no sense. So why even keep Hoyer on the roster???   If Brady goes down, Mallott finishing the season may be what he needs to bring him up to speed, and the best Hoyer could do, would be to raise his post Patriot stock, and he will be walking away as an URFA. That is a NO GAIN for the Pats.

Hoyer must go...if they can get a conditional 6th or seventh, I believe they will go for it. But it is more likely he will get released. It is a no win situation with Hoyer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES? called WARREN, still think WOODY +HOYER are goners but SILVESTRO, DEMPS +EBNER are keepers!

In Response to Re: SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES? called WARREN, still think WOODY +HOYER are goners but SILVESTRO, DEMPS +EBNER are keepers!:
    In Response to Re: SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES? called WARREN, still think WOODY +HOYER are goners but SILVESTRO, DEMPS +EBNER are keepers! : Tell you the truth...If Brady goes down this year neither Hoyer nor Mallott will be able to step in and salvage the season. Hoyer has shown after his years in the system he is lacking in talent, But Mallott has shown he has the talent and is in need of more seasoning. So the only logical move is to go with the player who has the most to gain for the extra game reps. Putting Hoyer in would just ret@rd  (can't wright ret@ar ??? makes no sense)  Mallotts development in the system, and being he is the future of the back up spot that makes no sense. So why even keep Hoyer on the roster???   If Brady goes down, Mallott finishing the season may be what he needs to bring him up to speed, and the best Hoyer could do, would be to raise his post Patriot stock, and he will be walking away as an URFA. That is a NO GAIN for the Pats. Hoyer must go...if they can get a conditional 6th or seventh, I believe they will go for it. But it is more likely he will get released. It is a no win situation with Hoyer.
    Posted by part-timer

The reason you keep him on the roster is because if the season is lost anyways you don't want to toss Mallett to the wolves if he's not ready. That's one of the worst things you can do, esp to a QB. You don't want to kill his confidence and everything you have worked hard to develop. How many QB's were ruined by teams tossing them out onto the flames before they were ready to handle it? If Mallett is the future then you still have plenty of time given Brady's remaining contract to bring him up slowly. It's not like Brady's contract is up after this year and Mallett needs reps this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES? called WARREN, still think WOODY +HOYER are goners but SILVESTRO, DEMPS +EBNER are keepers! : The reason you keep him on the roster is because if the season is lost anyways you don't want to toss Mallett to the wolves if he's not ready. That's one of the worst things you can do, esp to a QB. You don't want to kill his confidence and everything you have worked hard to develop. How many QB's were ruined by teams tossing them out onto the flames before they were ready to handle it? If Mallett is the future then you still have plenty of time given Brady's remaining contract to bring him up slowly. It's not like Brady's contract is up after this year and Mallett needs reps this year.
    Posted by PatsEng

I suppose that is the other side of the coin...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

In Response to Re: SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES? called WARREN, still think WOODY +HOYER are goners but SILVESTRO, DEMPS +EBNER are keepers! : Yep Hoyer is done after this year. But, given his progression Mallett might be ready to be the only backup next year with no issues. To me at least he still needs to work on a couple of fixable issues before that responsibility is thrust on him. Hoyer is here on a reasonable deal and has done it before so I don't see how having the 53rd man being Hoyer would hurt this team, unless people feel like Mallett is ready to be a starter tomorrow of course. Personally I think another development year for Mallett and letting Hoyer take the brunt of responsibility this year would be more beneficial to Malletts develop as Brady future replacement then letting him go alone
    Posted by PatsEng

===========================================================

" letting Hoyer take the brunt of responsibility "

What responsibility is Hoyer going to bear this year?  One guy can stand around and do nothing just as well as two guys.    

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES?

In Response to Re: SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES?:
    In Response to Re: SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES? : Not really any DB's honestly but OL I think has a good shot as well as DT. The reason I say not DB is because you might only carry 10 DB's to begin with. Wilson, Chung, Gregory, McCourty, Arrington, Ras are basically shoe ins so that's 6. Ebner, Moore are most likely going to stick around so that turns it to 8. That leaves 2 spots for the likes of Brown, Ihedigbo, Allen, Cole, and Dennard. Those vets who are getting released are getting released because of lack of performance at this point not because of cap casualties. Usually when grabbing a vet at this point it's a sub player that adds a vet presence or a high upside younger guy who just didn't work out for another team. Well in both cases concerning the DB's you already have them on your team. But, I think there's room for a DT to get a shot at sneaking in or on the OL if you aren't confident on Waters coming back
    Posted by PatsEng

we disagree here, if we can get an upgrade in the de backfield from others castoffs (not hard to do here), we do it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

It's just my personal opinion........I'm not sold on Hoyer.The simple fact is if Brady goes down, not even Matt Cassell can save us.........
    Posted by leatherhelmet

exactly

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatthefaulk. Show whatthefaulk's posts

In Response to Re: SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES? called WARREN, still think WOODY +HOYER are goners but SILVESTRO, DEMPS +EBNER are keepers! : Tell you the truth...If Brady goes down this year neither Hoyer nor Mallott will be able to step in and salvage the season. Hoyer has shown after his years in the system he is lacking in talent, But Mallott has shown he has the talent and is in need of more seasoning. So the only logical move is to go with the player who has the most to gain for the extra game reps. Putting Hoyer in would just ret@rd  (can't wright ret@ar ??? makes no sense)  Mallotts development in the system, and being he is the future of the back up spot that makes no sense. So why even keep Hoyer on the roster???   If Brady goes down, Mallott finishing the season may be what he needs to bring him up to speed, and the best Hoyer could do, would be to raise his post Patriot stock, and he will be walking away as an URFA. That is a NO GAIN for the Pats. Hoyer must go...if they can get a conditional 6th or seventh, I believe they will go for it. But it is more likely he will get released. It is a no win situation with Hoyer.
    Posted by part-timer

If Brady has to come out of a game with a concussion and possibly miss the next game on the schedule. I want Hoyer finishing said game and making the next start

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81patsfan. Show 81patsfan's posts

I think the most ironic thing about these first cuts is the fact that Jesse Holley outlasted Stallworth through the first cuts either he was really bad in camp or jesse was made some ridiculous plays when he had the chance (highly doubt it).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Probably cut Stallworth now to guve him the chance to sign on with another team before the season starts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Cutting the vets first is a sign of respect, giving them a head start to catch on somewhere else. Plus some of those practice squad eligible players are best released at the last possible minute, in the hopes that they are not noticed in the shear volume of players previously released....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

wheres the biggest doofus of them all....???  bab (ie) parilli???
    Posted by jcour382

he got the boot from here. 

Its been all football talk for over a week now here. No arguments and name calling, just football talk like it should be.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES? called WARREN, still think WOODY +HOYER are goners but SILVESTRO, DEMPS +EBNER are keepers! : =========================================================== " letting Hoyer take the brunt of responsibility  " What responsibility is Hoyer going to bear this year?  One guy can stand around and do nothing just as well as two guys.       
    Posted by expertmike

The responsibility would be if Brady goes down that they go out and take losses and possible having a championship caliber team barely competing for a wild card appearence. That's a huge burden for a young WR with a big ego to face if you are suppose to be the next QB after Brady and then you turn a SB contending team into a losing season your confidence is completely shot. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES? called WARREN, still think WOODY +HOYER are goners but SILVESTRO, DEMPS, HOLLEY+EBNER are keepers! ...

Not ready to cut Hoyer just because Mallet did well against the dregs of the Bucs defense. I agree with whoever said if Brady goes down I want Hoyer starting the next game. 

Also, CC, what is the point of predictions if you just update your thread as the cuts happen? zzz

Sections
Shortcuts