SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES?

yep yep dont bore the CONTRARIAN with obviousness like jeremy ebert or dennard being cut and picked up for the practice squad. tell me something out of the box that could happen. per example jesse holley making it over donte stallworth or branch or edelman. my big make is jeff demps making the 53 man roster and my big cut is danny woodhead! my other big cuts would be gerard warren and dan koppen. not really a cut or a make but hoyer will start the year as the #3 qb. another big make is EBNER. no way you can cut this kid for he will be on another team like that! another big cut is shianco, with fells healthy no need for 4 tight ends esp with one having a tough time getting on the field. that leads me to another big make..ALEX SILVESTRO! he's a bb kinda guy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES?

Woodhead, Moore, Hoyer and Branch...cut.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

the first cut down to 75 usually involves a number of vets. This is out of respect to those who don't have a great shot of making the squad but could have enough time to sign with another team.

Expect vets to be cut and less rooks. Rook cut downs usually come at the 53man mark because it gives them that last chance to make the squad.

Also expect BB to pick up 1-2 players off other teams cuts. I'm guessing you'll see Ballard and Zusevics put on IR and that will give the extra spots after the 75man cut down to sign a couple of other teams cut's

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I really like what I've seen of Alex Silvetro - I can't see him making this team, but I think he'll get picked up by someone else and turn into a decent player.

My surprise cut is Woodhead (and I never would of thought that three weeks ago). I just don't think you can have three 3rd down backs on the team (Woodhead, Vareen, and DEmps). Woodhead has done absolutely nothing to impress me this pre season and I started to think to myself...when was the last time he did something impressive? I'm sure he did some good things last year, but I can't remember hardly a thing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I really hope that Dennard doesn't get cut. Someone who was reporting was saying that he looked really good the last game. I honestly didn't really see what he was doing but think that he's going to be a very good player. If he's cut he won't make the practice squad. The Colts will grab him right away. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES?:
    [QUOTE]If anything BB finds a way to keep Dennard. (IR, hide him where Bin Laden hid or just call him middle class and watch him slowly disappear!)
    Posted by leatherhelmet[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think so too, he must be healthy now that he's back at practice and playing. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]the first cut down to 75 usually involves a number of vets. This is out of respect to those who don't have a great shot of making the squad but could have enough time to sign with another team. Expect vets to be cut and less rooks. Rook cut downs usually come at the 53man mark because it gives them that last chance to make the squad. Also expect BB to pick up 1-2 players off other teams cuts. I'm guessing you'll see Ballard and Zusevics put on IR and that will give the extra spots after the 75man cut down to sign a couple of other teams cut's
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

"Also expect BB to pick up 1-2 players off other teams cuts."

and you gotta be lookign at o. tackle, safety and cb i would think.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Ship's A Hoyer!!!!!

+1
    or for a 6 or 7 by deadline

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]If anything BB finds a way to keep Dennard. (IR, hide him where Bin Laden hid or just call him middle class and watch him slowly disappear!)

i think so too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES? : " Also expect BB to pick up 1-2 players off other teams cuts." and you gotta be lookign at o. tackle, safety and cb i would think.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

Not really any DB's honestly but OL I think has a good shot as well as DT. The reason I say not DB is because you might only carry 10 DB's to begin with. Wilson, Chung, Gregory, McCourty, Arrington, Ras are basically shoe ins so that's 6. Ebner, Moore are most likely going to stick around so that turns it to 8. That leaves 2 spots for the likes of Brown, Ihedigbo, Allen, Cole, and Dennard. Those vets who are getting released are getting released because of lack of performance at this point not because of cap casualties. Usually when grabbing a vet at this point it's a sub player that adds a vet presence or a high upside younger guy who just didn't work out for another team. Well in both cases concerning the DB's you already have them on your team.

But, I think there's room for a DT to get a shot at sneaking in or on the OL if you aren't confident on Waters coming back

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES? called WARREN, still think WOODY +HOYER are goners but SILVESTRO, DEMPS +EBNER are keepers!

I don't really envision us signing a lot of camp cast-offs this year.  

Warren was cut to keep him on speed dial, he may be back, I assume he'll retire.  
    We may bring in a vet if he is really good and was cut for salary purposes, if he's willing to restructure his contract, but the conditions would have to be right he'd have to be desperate to win a ring and this is assuming a team has a plethora of players at a position of need for us... I just don't see a position of need for us.  

But BB loves old linebacker's and safeties so who knows?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Re: SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES? called WARREN, still think WOODY +HOYER are goners but SILVESTRO, DEMPS +EBNER are keepers!

Anyone who thinks Hoyer is getting cut is a few pennies short.....Mallet has a decent outing against a bunch of scrubs and now all of a sudden he is the second coming.  Please....No way, NO WAY BB goes into this season with Mallet the back-up.  They keep all 3 for another year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES? called WARREN, still think WOODY +HOYER are goners but SILVESTRO, DEMPS +EBNER are keepers!:
    [QUOTE]Anyone who thinks Hoyer is getting cut is a few pennies short.....Mallet has a decent outing against a bunch of scrubs and now all of a sudden he is the second coming.  Please....No way, NO WAY BB goes into this season with Mallet the back-up.  They keep all 3 for another year.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

Hoyer was the only QB on the roster, outside of Tom Brady, in his rookie season of 2008 as an UNDRAFTED ROOKIE. 

If you think Bill Belichick is afraid to make a cut you must not have been around in 2003 when he cut Lawyer Milloy. -_-

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Re: SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES? called WARREN, still think WOODY +HOYER are goners but SILVESTRO, DEMPS +EBNER are keepers!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES? called WARREN, still think WOODY +HOYER are goners but SILVESTRO, DEMPS +EBNER are keepers! : Hoyer was the only QB on the roster, outside of Tom Brady, in his rookie season of 2008 as an UNDRAFTED ROOKIE.  If you think Bill Belichick is afraid to make a cut you must not have been around in 2003 when he cut Lawyer Milloy. -_-
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QU

Who said he was afraid to make a cut?  Since then Brady was lost for a year.  Plus Brady is older now.  Plus they have a crappy line and more likely the QB could get hurt.

Nothing about being afraid, all about common sense.  No reason not to keep Hoyer and Mallet for the year.  No one being cut is THAT IMPORTANT that they need to go with an unproven Mallet as the back-up this year.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

leather - draft position doesn't matter at all it's if a person can play or not. If you are questioning that I'm sure there is a 6th round pick who might differ in his opinion then with yours.

Hoyer proved himself enough to convince BB to keep him as the only backup to Brady coming back from surgery. That speaks volumes for Hoyer and does show that Hoyer is more proven at this point then Mallett simply because Hoyer has been the only backup while Mallett hasn't. It doesn't mean that Mallett wouldn't be capable of being the primary backup only but he still has a number of things to learn and has made mistakes similar to that of Kolb, Flynn, and a whole host of others in similar positions. The fact is unless BB trusts them to be able to come in and not lose a game then they won't be the only backup. Hoyer might not win you games but he doesn't look like he'll lose you games either while at times Mallett has looked like a late career Farve and needs to adjust his ability to read coverages and progressions a little more (ie not seeing CB's baiting him ready to jump routes or believing his arm strength is enough to force into coverage without touch). Now of course it wouldn't shock me if Mallett was the only backup either but to me at this point carrying both Mallett (as the #2) and Hoyer (as the #3) for one more year does make some sense

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2013. Show Evil2013's posts

[QUOTE]leather - draft position doesn't matter at all it's if a person can play or not. If you are questioning that I'm sure there is a 6th round pick who might differ in his opinion then with yours. Hoyer proved himself enough to convince BB to keep him as the only backup to Brady coming back from surgery. That speaks volumes for Hoyer and does show that Hoyer is more proven at this point then Mallett simply because Hoyer has been the only backup while Mallett hasn't. It doesn't mean that Mallett wouldn't be capable of being the primary backup only but he still has a number of things to learn and has made mistakes similar to that of Kolb, Flynn, and a whole host of others in similar positions. The fact is unless BB trusts them to be able to come in and not lose a game then they won't be the only backup. Hoyer might not win you games but he doesn't look like he'll lose you games either while at times Mallett has looked like a late career Farve and needs to adjust his ability to read coverages and progressions a little more (ie not seeing CB's baiting him ready to jump routes or believing his arm strength is enough to force into coverage without touch). Now of course it wouldn't shock me if Mallett was the only backup either but to me at this point carrying both Mallett (as the #2) and Hoyer (as the #3) for one more year does make some sense
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Makes sense to me too. Hoyer has the experience to be an immediate backup for this season but Mallet may end up as the replacement when Brady retires. Isn't Hoyer's rookie contract up after this season? If it is he's going to want more money. Mallet's rookie contract is more in line with the year people expect Brady may want to call it quits.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Hoyer does not get cut . . . he would pull in a 3rd or 4th rounder in a trade . . .

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES? called WARREN, still think WOODY +HOYER are goners but SILVESTRO, DEMPS +EBNER are keepers! : Makes sense to me too. Hoyer has the experience to be an immediate backup for this season but Mallet may end up as the replacement when Brady retires. Isn't Hoyer's rookie contract up after this season? If it is he's going to want more money. Mallet's rookie contract is more in line with the year people expect Brady may want to call it quits.
    Posted by Evil2013[/QUOTE]

Yep Hoyer is done after this year. But, given his progression Mallett might be ready to be the only backup next year with no issues. To me at least he still needs to work on a couple of fixable issues before that responsibility is thrust on him. Hoyer is here on a reasonable deal and has done it before so I don't see how having the 53rd man being Hoyer would hurt this team, unless people feel like Mallett is ready to be a starter tomorrow of course. Personally I think another development year for Mallett and letting Hoyer take the brunt of responsibility this year would be more beneficial to Malletts develop as Brady future replacement then letting him go alone

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SHOCK CUTS AND MAKES? called WARREN, still think WOODY +HOYER are goners but SILVESTRO, DEMPS +EBNER are keepers! : Makes sense to me too. Hoyer has the experience to be an immediate backup for this season but Mallet may end up as the replacement when Brady retires. Isn't Hoyer's rookie contract up after this season? If it is he's going to want more money. Mallet's rookie contract is more in line with the year people expect Brady may want to call it quits.
    Posted by Evil2013[/QUOTE]

Hoyer signed his RFA tag THIS year...He will be an URFA next year and walks free...unfortunately he has no trade value...May be a conditional 6th or seventh???

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

another year on the doofus parade ...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

wheres the biggest doofus of them all....???  bab (ie) parilli???