shocked at Talibs numbers

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

Re: shocked at Talibs numbers

I think the money and the GP bonus also reflect that the guy hasn't played a complete season in something like 3 years due to injuries.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to TheTinMan's comment:

I think the money and the GP bonus also reflect that the guy hasn't played a complete season in something like 3 years due to injuries.

Tin man has it. Even when he played his hip bothered him. Hip injuries can reoccur at any time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I also think the days of paying CBs 10+M are over which is why I am surprised anyone is interested in trading for Revis who still believes he is signing for 15M after this year. The 2012 highest paid CBs -

1. Champ Bailey - 11.5M - restructure?

2. Revis - 11.43M - on trading block

3. Nnamdi - 11M - cut

4. Hall - 9.8M - cut

5. Gamble - 9.75M - cut

With the number and quality of cbs available and a flat cap the highest paid CB to date is 6M/yr I believe. I expect that will not be broken or if it is not by much with the remaining FAs.

Interestingly, the franchise tag number for CB will probably go down next year!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to mia76's comment:

I also think the days of paying CBs 10+M are over which is why I am surprised anyone is interested in trading for Revis who still believes he is signing for 15M after this year. The 2012 highest paid CBs -

3. Nnamdi - 11M - cut

4. Hall - 9.8M - cut

5. Gamble - 9.75M - cut

With the number and quality of cbs available and a flat cap the highest paid CB to date is 6M/yr I believe. I expect that will not be broken or if it is not by much with the remaining FAs.

Exactly. Teams overpaid CBs in a passing league pre lockout. Note the teams who paid them:

Jets, Skins, Panthers, Eagles

All fired GMs or GMs that had their power removed (Shanahan).

Not a coincidence. They're being paid less becuase they were wildly overpaid in 2009 and the cap is the same now as it was then. They got caught.

Why this is still confusing for people like RKarp, Mt HUrl, etc, I have no idea. The cap is alive and well and basic rules of supply and demand apply to Talib.

His off field behavioral issues are major red flag, but this is a much better locker room with structure than TB and one of the best locker rooms every year, year in and year out.

His agent knows this and with a flooded, soft market, HE can be in control as a FA in 2014 with a great season in the best environment he has access to.

Both sides win. BB wins, the team wins and Talib makes the right choice. One the market flooded, that 8.9 tag# became completely bloated and overpriced.

Can you list the GM's who aren't coaches that haven't been fired? Or haven't been shown the door in some way, shape, or form? My point is most of them get fired - usually because they fail to acquire a quarterback like our's who bails them out all the time. In our division alone there has been 10 different gms hired and fired over the last ten years...I guess all these highly intelligent and educated people are just stupid, huh? Got nothing to do with the fact they had to face Tom Brady for a decade, right?

Hey, did you figure out what round Cannon was drafted in yet? Or how about why Denver can't just resign Dumervil for 8 million? 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

So, Arrington was over paid, and Talib paid about right for a often injured cb with character issues?

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

I think some of you are also forgetting that Talib was dumped by the team that drafted him because they couldn't stand him anymore and he hasn't played that great. I have a feeling that if we still had our 5th or 6th roud picks we could have had him for one of those. Nobody wanted him and if he screwed up with us he was probably out of the league. So he ended up coming here and keeping his nose clean which was good. He played pretty well when he was on the field, but his injuries happened again. So if nobody wanted him a few months ago he didn't do that much to make people want him now. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

3. Nnamdi - 11M - cut

4. Hall - 9.8M - cut

5. Gamble - 9.75M - cut

Exactly. Teams overpaid CBs in a passing league pre lockout. Note the teams who paid them:

Not a coincidence. They're being paid less becuase they were wildly overpaid in 2009 and the cap is the same now as it was then. They got caught.

Why this is still confusing for people like RKarp, Mt HUrl, etc, I have no idea. The cap is alive and well and basic rules of supply and demand apply to Talib.

His off field behavioral issues are major red flag, but this is a much better locker room with structure than TB and one of the best locker rooms every year, year in and year out.

His agent knows this and with a flooded, soft market, HE can be in control as a FA in 2014 with a great season in the best environment he has access to.

Both sides win. BB wins, the team wins and Talib makes the right choice. One the market flooded, that 8.9 tag# became completely bloated and overpriced.

Can you list the GM's who aren't coaches that haven't been fired? Or haven't been shown the door in some way, shape, or form? My point is most of them get fired - usually because they fail to acquire a quarterback like our's who bails them out all the time. In our division alone there has been 10 different gms hired and fired over the last ten years...I guess all these highly intelligent and educated people are just stupid, huh? Got nothing to do with the fact they had to face Tom Brady for a decade, right?

Hey, did you figure out what round Cannon was drafted in yet? Or how about why Denver can't just resign Dumervil for 8 million? 

Nah. Not good enough. PCIV called you on that earlier today, too. Plus, BB drafted Brady. Of course having a QB helps. 

Mickey Loomis may not be fired yet, but he will be soon. Andy Reid took the fall for Roseman in Philly, Hurney, Tannenbum, Jerry Jones is  a looney.

Colbert, Reese and Ozzie are good GMs, but all got caught up. Ozzie is lucky Kaepernick choked 4 times from the 5 yard line. 

It's a 53 man roster. It's not just only about having an elite QB. Flacco just won a SB for crying out loud.

And yes, I believe Cannon was a 5th rd pick. Dumervil is weighing offers from Denver and Baltimore.

Anything else, Cupcake?

Good. Now go fill those muffin tins.

Did you just say it's about a 53 man roster and not only about having an elite QB?

WOW, just wow!  Hello?  Earth to rusty, that's what we've been telling you for years!

Hallelujah, Praise the lord! 

Oh, wait, is this just one of your many contradictions used exclusively to defend BB at the moment?  Sorry!  It applies or it doesn't.  You can't have it both ways.  Doesn't just apply to building a team it applies to playing every game.

Jeeze, glad we finally got that out of the way, even if it did take 3 years.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

3. Nnamdi - 11M - cut

4. Hall - 9.8M - cut

5. Gamble - 9.75M - cut

Nah. Not good enough. PCIV called you on that earlier today, too. Plus, BB drafted Brady. Of course having a QB helps. 

Mickey Loomis may not be fired yet, but he will be soon. Andy Reid took the fall for Roseman in Philly, Hurney, Tannenbum, Jerry Jones is  a looney.

Colbert, Reese and Ozzie are good GMs, but all got caught up. Ozzie is lucky Kaepernick choked 4 times from the 5 yard line. 

It's a 53 man roster. It's not just only about having an elite QB. Flacco just won a SB for crying out loud.

And yes, I believe Cannon was a 5th rd pick. Dumervil is weighing offers from Denver and Baltimore.

Anything else, Cupcake?

Good. Now go fill those muffin tins.

Did you just say it's about a 53 man roster and not only about having an elite QB?

WOW, just wow!  Hello?  Earth to rusty, that's what we've been telling you for years!

Hallelujah, Praise the lord! 

Oh, wait, is this just one of your many contradictions used exclusively to defend BB at the moment?  Sorry!  It applies or it doesn't.  You can't have it both ways.  Doesn't just apply to building a team it applies to playing every game.

Jeeze, glad we finally got that out of the way, even if it did take 3 years.

I've said that for years. BB's mastery within the cap framwork fielding quality teams year in and year out is legendary.

You're the one who thinks if you sign a trendy FA every year and overpay, having it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside (lol), that IT is the reason why BB has let Brady down.

Mazz today was ranting and raving about Greg Jennings. Greg Jennings didn't want to be here. He wanted the most money, so he leveraged Miami and Minny up against GB. He came right out and said he wanted to play in warmer weather or a dome.

These are the kinds of things BB sniffs out. Once I read that from Jennings, I knew BB would never target him because he wanted the most money and wanted to play in a warm environment.

These are the things that you don't get.  53 players, which means you need some depth, etc, are important.

You also had no clue BB was rebuilding on the fly and Kraft just yesterday all but told us there were into the lockout.  LOL

Well, there you go contradicting yourself again.  SHAME SHAME SHAME.

You've been saying that for years yet you blame ONE SINGLE PLAYER for every loss.

Now, really, does that make sense?  53>1

It takes 53 (check)

TB is the reason for the losses ( contradictory and ludicrous)

Which one you gonna go with?  Can't have it both ways!

Oh, do the bulk of the 18 FA's the Pats are passing on this year actually qualify as depth?

Wonder why BB's passing on them this year?  Could it be they weren't very good and they need better.   Seems to be a pattern.   How about all the non FA's cut in the past 7 yrs?  Were they depth too?  Or just a waste of CAP?

Kraft said yesterday that they need $$$$ to fix the D that they've been fixing on the fly for the past 5-6 years now.  Was he wrong there?  Or are you?

Sections
Shortcuts