shocked at Talibs numbers

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: shocked at Talibs numbers

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Again, these wil be tweak moves, not big momentus moves. It's sad you don't get how BB operates after all this time.

Abraham, Sanders, resign Edelman.  Then you trade Mallett, maybe for Phil Taylor as a rumor, and whatever else you can get in the draft or with flooded market quality and cheap FA Moves for camp.

Again, the market is flooded.

Knee jerk Miami Dolphin overpays is why MIami still sucks. They sucked when they did it with Danbsy, Marshall, Bush, etc, and they'll be disappointed with those now, too.

Lots of holes still to fill, a lot of talented players are off the board and the talented players left aren't going to be here, market flooded or not they will get the 2nd and 3rd teir guys regardless.  Thats they way BB does it and thats part of the problem.  Quantity over quality.

I do not like the Donald Jones move, would have rather kept Lloyd, We all know I don't like the slot move due to past injury problems.  They now have Amendola, Jones, Gronk, Hernandez all big key parts of the offense all injury prone.  They let go 2 players (Lloyd and Welker) who played every game.  It's foolish to think there is no concern here.

Even if they move AH81 around more in a receiver role, still need a good quality receiver or 2.  Any of those out there available?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Again, these wil be tweak moves, not big momentus moves. It's sad you don't get how BB operates after all this time.

Abraham, Sanders, resign Edelman.  Then you trade Mallett, maybe for Phil Taylor as a rumor, and whatever else you can get in the draft or with flooded market quality and cheap FA Moves for camp.

Knee jerk Miami Dolphin overpays is why MIami still sucks. They sucked when they did it with Danbsy, Marshall, Bush, etc, and they'll be disappointed with those now, too.

Lots of holes still to fill, a lot of talented players are off the board and the talented players left aren't going to be here, market flooded or not they will get the 2nd and 3rd teir guys regardless.  Thats they way BB does it and thats part of the problem.  Quantity over quality.

I do not like the Donald Jones move, would have rather kept Lloyd, We all know I don't like the slot move due to past injury problems.  They now have Amendola, Jones, Gronk, Hernandez all big key parts of the offense all injury prone.  They let go 2 players (Lloyd and Welker) who played every game.  It's foolish to think there is no concern here.

Even if they move AH81 around more in a receiver role, still need a good quality receiver or 2.  Any of those out there available?

i agree on lloyd. i hope they re-sign him, but if they are able to get sanders and edelman, the lloyd move will make more sense. they may draft a receiver as well, although as it is looking, they may have to draft an o-lineman with their first rounder.

if they are really in a bind, they will put hern at receiver and have gronk and ballard be the tight ends, along with hooma. not a horrible problem to have i guess, but i agree that they should get another good receiver.

overall though, i like the direction this team is headed. the defense is young and improving, and with talib out there last year, they were very good. the offense is still going to put up points, regardless of what these chicken little people say. the most encouraging thing to me is that BB signed leon washington. this shows that he realizes special teams returns were a problem last year and it needs to be fixed.

they still have some work to do, but like i said, they are headed in the right direction.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Dude. You're just not getting it.  Teams still are in negotiations with current quality WRs on rosters to restructure or take an all out paycut.

Why do you think there are like 3 full waves of deep FA movement for the first time in a decade BEFORE the draft itself?

I am telling you right now, BB has a plan. I would not be shocked if he has info on other team's plans in some way, because it doesn't make sense to cut Lloyd with that kind of a minimal cap hit and salary considering he just caught 75 balls for almost 1000 yards as Brady's 3rd or 4th choice on plays.

I am not saying there isn't a concern, but you're out of your mind if you think BB is just randomly pissing in the wind here.

Something is up. Welker gone, Sanders in for an interview, they bring in a high IQ route running young kid with some experience who caught 45 balls from Ryan Fitzpatrick who is now a back up.

Read between the lines and leave the man crush for Welker at the door.

Oh man, get off the man crush stuff, you are using that as a crutch now.  I have mentioned over and over that if Amendola can stay healthy then he will do well, I just don't like the injury issues.  Do you understand that!  Same with Jones, same with Talib and Gronk and AH81.  They are big concerns as they have neen issues the past few years and ended up really hurting the team.  Lloyd and Welker have not had those issues so I am talking about that because it factors in here!  You need to understand that and get off using your man crush crutch as a way of deflecting the injury concerns.

We hope there is something is in the works with the receiver position and not another Ocho type signing.  You keep saying something is up and all these players are out there... Give me names!! Let's here some WR names that you think is possibly in the works that can come in and help this team.  You mention Sanders but really, he is more of a slot type receiver at 5"11 180 lbs instead of a bigger, physical outside guy.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Didn't read all the posts and can't say I've read everything out there on the Talib deal.  My suspicion is that he didn't like any of the longer term deals he was offered and therefore took a short deal so he could try in free agency next year.  These short term deals make a lot of sense in a weak market.  It's like a mortgage.  If rates are good, you lock it in for the long term.  If the rates are bad, you take a shorter term deal and try again in a year or two when maybe the market's better. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Did anyone else offer him one year and if so, for how much?  I think that's the question.  I don't know because I haven't really followed what's been reported about the offers he got (and personally I wouldn't trust the reports fully anyway).  But my suspicion is he got a few longer term offers that didn't look that good to him and then decided it made more sense to take a one year deal so he could test the market again next year.  The Pats' one-year offer may have been the only one or the best one financially or, maybe, the one that he thought was most worth taking because he thought the Pats would give him the best opportunity to showcase his skills in preparation for next year's free agent market.  Whatever the reason, I think Talib decided to skip this year's free agent market and wait till next year when the market for corners might be better or his value might be higher (because of a productive, problem-free season) or both.  

Sections
Shortcuts