Shocking Statistic....re: Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Shocking Statistic....re: Brady

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4732297/brady-not-sharp-when-protecting-leads

I had a feeling Brady was under-performing late games, but not to this extent.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Shocking Statistic....re: Brady

Some stats really are for losers . . . 

Further controversy erupted when the Total QBR system gave the Denver BroncosTim Tebow a higher rating than the Green Bay PackersAaron Rodgers in their respective Week 5 contests. Noting that Rodgers completed 26 of 39 passes for 396 yards and two touchdowns in a win over the Atlanta Falcons, while Tebow completed four of 10 passes for 79 yards and a touchdown, and six rushes for 38 yards and a touchdown, in a loss to the San Diego ChargersMike Florio of Profootballtalk.com wrote that he'll "continue to ignore ESPN’s Total QBR stat."

Hey Rusty, I see you and Leon are now best friends . . . 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

lol, does the defense not play any part of blowing these leads?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

It's been going on since TB failed to dislodge the ball from Tyree in the '07 SB.  He is too slow to play corner and not a hard enough hitter to play safety.  He's simply not the 2-way player Troy Brown was.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Don't shoot the messenger..lol

Just passing along some info.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

I would go 50/50, they did put up 23 point against one of the defenses in the league. There is simply no defending the pats defence.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to thefly8's comment:

lol, does the defense not play any part of blowing these leads?

No! Don't you know it doesn't matter that Tb had a 2 score lead in all those games, late in the 4th qtr.?  Every one knows they need 3 scores to win. Geeze.  Where have you been for the past 5 years?  LOL

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:

Pats D leads the NFL in fumbles and is a top rated run D.  How's that for defending a D that allowed 10 points on the road until our offense forgot how to play?

This thread is a disaster for the Ballwashers. Rookies will make some mistakes on D and WIlson did that.  I expect a bit more from our QB, however. He only makes 20 million per year and needed to not be so sloppy with the ball in Seattles red zone on 5 occassions. Jesus Christ people.

This data that has been posted is not made up. It's real. Welcome to reality. Wake up.

Where are they in yards and points Crust,  Turn overs and run D don't matter when your D is giving up more points than the Top ranked O is scoring.  DUH!!!

SmileyTop ranked D. Oh my!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Some stats really are for losers . . . 

Further controversy erupted when the Total QBR system gave the Denver BroncosTim Tebow a higher rating than the Green Bay PackersAaron Rodgers in their respective Week 5 contests. Noting that Rodgers completed 26 of 39 passes for 396 yards and two touchdowns in a win over the Atlanta Falcons, while Tebow completed four of 10 passes for 79 yards and a touchdown, and six rushes for 38 yards and a touchdown, in a loss to the San Diego ChargersMike Florio of Profootballtalk.com wrote that he'll "continue to ignore ESPN’s Total QBR stat."

Crusty Smiley& Leon 4eva 

Hey Rusty, I see you and Leon are now best friends . . . 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:

Or playing a prevent D vs Buffalo and Denver by the middle of the 3rd qtr.

Keep looking at meaningless yards.  SD has just scored 17 points on offense vs this supposed vaunted Denver D with two stellar pass rushers!  Wow! 

This stat that PatsFan2007 has posted must make you go crazy, huh?  It basically makes a fool out of you and your little clique who can't be honest about a shotgun spread Brady offense against a good D and what it means to the team's chances to win.

Doesn't make me crazy at all.  What makes me crazy is giving up 2 score leads in every loss.  That makes me crazy.  Glad you think it's swell though.  The rest of us normal folks think it sucks. Oh, leon likes it too but that's what I would expect NON fans to think.

Let me ask you this?  How often is TB blown out?   When that starts happening consistantly, I'll worry but leads are meant to be  defended by the Defense.  As far as i'm concerned when they are up by two scores late in the 4th and the D loses it with seconds left,  that's on them.  And when people now expect it to happen, and they do, that's more than a problem.  It's a freaken habbit. A deadly one!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

The Patriots play conservative on offense when protecting a lead.

They play not to lose as opposed to playing to win.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Here crusty, does this nugget from Bru make you all warm and tingly.  I bet for every negative you can find about TB I can find 100 against the D.  It's not very hard!

Jesse (Cape Cod)

Hey Bru, the secondary looked awful yesterday. If you were Bill where do you start and how do you fix it?

Tedy (12:23 PM)

First of all, I'm going to Jim Whalen and the training staff and asking them when starting safety Steve Gregory will be back, and how long the other starting safety, Patrick Chung, will be out. This secondary is starting to get a reputation. In Russell Wilson's post-game press conference, he talked about a meeting he had with Pete Carroll early in the week in which they discussed attacking the Patriots' secondary deep down the field after Wilson extended a play. You only plan that against secondaries that you feel are undisciplined and can be taken advantage of. Their plan worked.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

The Patriots play conservative on offense when protecting a lead.

They play not to lose as opposed to playing to win.

To me that is what lost the game more than anything... if your going to live by the pass then die by it... don't go into a rushing game when you havn't used it all freaken game.  I bet you if Brady had three attempts at passing they could have dink and dunked for at least one or two more first down on the last two possesions.

Sections
Shortcuts