Shocking Statistic....re: Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Shocking Statistic....re: Brady

I think they do bounce back strong. Every time it looked like it was the end of the dynasty the Patriots would come our and play their best game. They were 1-2 in 2003 after a tough loss to the redskins and went into Philly and whipped a good Eagles team. A couple of years ago they had a similar situation went into Pittsburgh and crushed the Steelers on MNF.

There are several more examples but those come off the top of my head first.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

I think they do bounce back strong. Every time it looked like it was the end of the dynasty the Patriots would come our and play their best game. They were 1-2 in 2003 after a tough loss to the redskins and went into Philly and whipped a good Eagles team. A couple of years ago they had a similar situation went into Pittsburgh and crushed the Steelers on MNF.

i still have faith that this team will be there come playoff time, but they need alot of improvements....their offense at the end of games HAS TO IMPROVE and also the defensive backs need to learn to get their heads turned around, its useless to keep phase with the receiver if you are getting PI calls on you all game.....and also, more pressure on the qb! enough of the soft defense! more time for the qb=more time for the qb to expose our weak secondary!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Yeah I agree Redsoxfan94

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I hate to break it to people, but the dynasty did end after the third super bowl. Losing two Super Bowls in seven years don't count as keeping a dynasty going...

We have to stop pretending this is the same team as the early 2000s just because it has the same head coach and QB. 

When this team won super bowls the defense was better than the offense, since they became an offense first team they have come up empty... I do not think that is a coincidence.

What happened on Sunday. The number one offense in the NFL played the number one defense and the defense won. The Patriots scored 23 points against team that was allowing 14 per game, but on the other side of the ball they could not stop a 5'9" rookie QB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

This article is about TOTAL QB RATING, a stat made up by ESPN. They haven't even divulged the formula used to derive the stat. LMAO Worthless.

Yeah, what the heck is " total QB rating " anyways? It's getting a little ridiculous.

Nobody knows outside of ESPN.

"Unlike the NFL passer rating, ESPN has not yet been forthcoming on the exact specific formulas and procedures to calculate QBR. The proprietary, complex methodology spans some 10,000 lines of code." (wikipedia)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

wether or not QBR rating is silly or not but the Pats have looked really tentative in the 4th quarter 3 times this year with big leads. They can't seem to decide to try to run out the clock or keep scoring. With the game on the line they decide to run it up the gut for 2 staright plays for two yards. So now they want to run the ball. They didn't want to run it all day because they believed the defense is too tough but when the you know what is about to hit the fan they decide to run it. It made no sense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Three things to think about:

• Maybe they generally stick to passing rather than running out the clock because they aren't confident their defense can hold leads against a two-minute offense.  I think a lot of the offensive strategy you've seen on this team the past two years exists because the coaches are well aware of their defensive deficiencies and believe getting big leads is essential.  
    • As far as going to the run game to control clock, they only do that if the run game has been working well.  They know that going to the run when it hasn't been working is unlikely to do anything good for them.  It won't eat clock and it won't produce points, so why try it?
    • On Sunday, they had two late drives where they could have gone ball control.  The first they instead stayed with the passing (i.e., the scoring) offense.  The second they tried to run, but they did so using a completely different approach than they had used all game, apparently hoping a change in strategy would produce better results.  (The different approach was using very heavy I formations with a fullback and multiple TEs--true power running.) Unfortunately, the heavy approach failed and they had to punt the ball away, which allowed Seattle to eat our secondary for lunch and win the game. The Pats probably should have stuck with the pass, but as they say hindsight is 20-20. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

You know it's funny how fans for other teams come on this board make all kinds of noise. Regardless of how the Pats played on Sunday, they are still the class act of the AFC East.

Until the Jests, Bills, or Phins take the AFC East, why don't all you fans for other teams just go away and shut your mouths?!!?!!

And Mastrbater........oh, forgive me, MaterHess, how long has it been since the Jests went to the SB? 43 years? Yeah, you got a lot to talk about, don't you!!?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The loss was a total team loss.  You can point to a number of mistakes on the D, the O, special teams, play selection, you name it.  Brady made some critical mistakes at important points in the game, linebackers missed tackles, Safety play was awful, ST never should have allowed the field position they did on the Seahawks last possession. 

Is this all on Brady?  No, but he made at least 4 very bad mistakes that hurt his team's chances to win. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I remain optimistic about this team going forward but they've got to fix that secondary soon.  The other stuff is highly correctable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I'm not even going to read any of this, I just came to chack, and confirm it was based off of Total QBR, the most arbitrary, absurd stat anyone has ever come up with. They take it dow to, what, the hundreth of a point? As if there is actually a scientific formula? There isn't. It's a group of ESPN clows sitting ina  room, deciding which play is more valuable than another, and then placing random numbers and weights on it.

It's a joke. I mean, all numbers can be twisted to show what you want, but this one was ENGINEERED to show whatever ESPN wants.

Garbage.

That aside, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see Brady wasn't great late, and hasn't been pre-2008 Brady since...well, pre-2008.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

I think TB gets flustered by the pressure to close out games.  He knows that if he turns the ball back to the opposing teams offense there's a good chance they'll run down the field. That's not a good excuse when your a top tier quareterback making all the $$$.

TB is not what he used to be but he's still has the tools to win. The secondary needs to be fixed to turn this ship around. I think then you'll see the old TB.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

This article is about TOTAL QB RATING, a stat made up by ESPN. They haven't even divulged the formula used to derive the stat. LMAO Worthless.

I agree. Its espn's total qb rating and not the actual NFL one. Its a dumb rating system that really doesn't tell much. I can't believe espn still uses it and isn't embarrassed by it

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

They lost because of BAD Coaching and greed. Given a gift before halftime, and wasn't taken advantage of. Simple.

What's actually funny here is  that the bash the O posters are actually saying the same thing as the bash the D posters but you just don't know it.

You expect the O to win every game and any missed scoring opportunity is the reason for the loss?   Just think about it, brainiacs...Would a 3 0r 6 0r 9 point missed scoring opportunity even matter if the  D could hold a 13 point lead late in the 4th?

All teams miss scoring opportunities but not all teams give up 2 critical TD's late in the game to no-name, (insert any QB) offensively poor teams.

Too bad the NFL doesn't give handicap points to grossly inneficient defenses to promote parity.  The Pats would never lose.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to thefly8's comment:

I would go 50/50, they did put up 23 point against one of the defenses in the league. There is simply no defending the pats defence.

Terrific play on words: can't defend the indefensible. (Or, should that be the non-defense?)I love it!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

wether or not QBR rating is silly or not but the Pats have looked really tentative in the 4th quarter 3 times this year with big leads. They can't seem to decide to try to run out the clock or keep scoring. With the game on the line they decide to run it up the gut for 2 staright plays for two yards. So now they want to run the ball. They didn't want to run it all day because they believed the defense is too tough but when the you know what is about to hit the fan they decide to run it. It made no sense.

McD outsmarting himself again.

Do what you normally do! Whcih is not run or pass but what the other team is giving you at that moment.

A coach can tell this by 1. Personell on the field, defensive formation, how close to the line they are..and the best weapon of all is Brady reading the D when he is at the line.

Everyone here that says they played to protect the lead they had, instead of increasing it as much as possible, is correct in my opinion. It is a mindset that leads to being to tight and too predictable.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:

And you're one to mislead us by constantly posting people's QB ratings as if it tell us everything.

Brady takes a Safety in the SB, throws an awful pick on 1st down with room to run, and misses a wide open Welker to ice the SB, and NONE of that shows up on the QBR.

Of course you state obsurdities as usual. Interceptions are a major component of passer rating. Duh.

And of course you prove your complete lack of understanding of the game by placing the safety at Brady's feet. Lear the game junior.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:

And you're one to mislead us by constantly posting people's QB ratings as if it tell us everything.

Brady takes a Safety in the SB, throws an awful pick on 1st down with room to run, and misses a wide open Welker to ice the SB, and NONE of that shows up on the QBR.

Of course you state obsurdities as usual. Interceptions are a major component of passer rating. Duh.

And of course you prove your completye lack of understanding of the game by placing the safety at Brady's feet. Lear the game junior.

And you explanantion of why a top NFL QB who isn't under pressure didn't slide out of the pocket before throwing the ball away?

Don't tell me---Brady doesn't make mistakes because he's cute?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

This what I think about the one moron running around this thread trying to prove Brady just aint that good anymore and he's been telling us this all along. Bawahahahahahahhwahahabeawahahahawweeehhaaaahhhaaaaaaaa!!!! Cough cough...jesus cough!

Uhm, someone please please get this moron some help. Please! Call a doctor...something, anything. It really is to the point that it's not even sane to argue with him anymore - for the love of god, let's get him some professional help.

Really, it's not even morally right anymore to argue with the guy. Think of it this way...is he right in the head? Do you like arguing with people that are a few sandwhiches short of a picnic? Do you like arguing with the dull bulb on the chandelear? Think about it. 

Sections
Shortcuts