Shonn Greene

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Shonn Greene

Why not? Young enough, fast enough, big enough and never played on an offense with a passing game. I imagine this guy will have a few teams going  after him, but he should come cheap enough. At the scouting combine it was rumored he was gathering interest with a strong second half of the season. The Falcons and Broncos are said to be interested - I bet this guy would love to compete against the Jets for a few years in the division.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BunkerSpreckels. Show BunkerSpreckels's posts

Re: Shonn Greene

Shonn Greene?  You've got to be kidding.  This guy was just another bust in the long line of Jet busts.  Just another high round draft pick overrated by Jet fans.  Warnings were out that this guy was awful right when the Jets traded up for him.  He'll be out of football in 2013. Tears.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

He is a fine RB but not sure if he is much of an upgrade and im pretty sure other teams like the Falcons or Broncos would offer him a lot more.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Shonn Greene sucks.  He is like a slower version of Benny without the no fumbling benefit.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I bet he would relish the opportunity to not have to be knocked out by Brandon Spikes again next year!  With that being said, I wouldn't waste a roster spot on that clown if he played for free.  Give me Bolden any day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Why not? Young enough, fast enough, big enough and never played on an offense with a passing game. I imagine this guy will have a few teams going  after him, but he should come cheap enough. At the scouting combine it was rumored he was gathering interest with a strong second half of the season. The Falcons and Broncos are said to be interested - I bet this guy would love to compete against the Jets for a few years in the division.

greene is the definition of average

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I was going to say....he's just a poor-man's Ridley/Bolden. Frankly, when he was good in his first two years, he was running behind a stacked O-line (D-Brick, Mangold, Woody, Moore, etc.)

I don't understand why RB's are on here in two of the most recent posts...I'd honestly put QB over RB in terms of needing to address. The Pats have at least 2-3 years before they even have to worry about it. And even then, it doesn't take much to develop a RB. It DOES take time to develop a QB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

ya no offense but this is a ridiculous thread. Shonn Greene is horrible and certainly not as good as Ridley, Woodehad, Vereen, or Bolden.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Greene isn't as good as BJGE or any of our backs IMO. I'd pass on him .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm also a bit puzzled as to why we've got another RB thread when it sure looks like the Pats are set at that position.  With respect to Greene, no.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well, I guess a lot of people don't like him. I'll say this, if we can bring in a Joseph I'dratherdie (than run a 40 yard sprint for my conditioning test during training camp), it wouldn't shock me to bring in a guy that ran on perhaps the worst passing offense in the NFL last season.

Here's my thinking on this...we are probably going to lose Woodhead, Bodden was suspended for performance enhancing drugs and also wasn't exactly a model citizen in college, Demps has decided he just loves track and is going to spend his off season running on it - instead of training to become a better football player. We have Ridley - who I like - but he does fumble and I was hoping he would of made a difference in that Baltimore game...instead he got himself knocked into Easter and laid a giant egg. And what the hell is it with this guy wearing footsie pajamas to work? Then of course we have Vareen, who has played one good game in his two year career...aren't runners suppossed to give you something while they're young, and then do nothing as they get older? Realistically Vareen, Bodden, Demps and Ridley all could turn out to be the most dynamic combination in the NFL next year - then again they might not.

Greene has never really played on an offense like ours - he's never had the luxury of a defense concentrating on the passing game...I just wonder how he'd be in that enviorement. I'm not saying he'd be the starter, and I'm not saying sign him for big money...I'm just saying kick the tires on him and see if he'd like the chance to run down the throats of his former loud mouth organization. Put him at backup...sign him for cheap (perhaps with incentives) and see what happens...low risk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

I was going to say....he's just a poor-man's Ridley/Bolden. Frankly, when he was good in his first two years, he was running behind a stacked O-line (D-Brick, Mangold, Woody, Moore, etc.)

I don't understand why RB's are on here in two of the most recent posts...I'd honestly put QB over RB in terms of needing to address. The Pats have at least 2-3 years before they even have to worry about it. And even then, it doesn't take much to develop a RB. It DOES take time to develop a QB.

Ok, fine. I agree runners should be easier to find than a QB and certainly easier to develop, but we still have Mallett. And if we decide to trade him, then we would probably bring in Cassell or someone.

Here's the thing with our running situation....we are probably going to lose Woodhead, Vareen has only proven so far that he has talent and gets hurt a lot (not a good thing for a young runner), Demps is going to try his hand at track again...instead of focusing this off seaason on becoming a better football player (can't picture Belichick being plaesed with that), we have Ridley who is a good player with fumbling issues, Bodden was suspended for performance enhancing drugs. 

So lets say Ridley is our starter and Vareen is our third down back...there's no room for a guy like Greene to be our back up? He's a veteran, he's young enough, he should be cheap enough, he should be motivated enough, he doesn't have major injuries, he's played on crap offenses..behind crap lines, with no passing game. I just don't see how it would hurt to add a cheap, yet experienced guy in his prime.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I don't like Shonn Green, but I think people are overhyping Bolden a bit.  He is hardly a proven commodity, as good as he looked in limited action.  I think if a guy like Stephen Jackson would take a steep discount to split carries with Ridley on a winner, I would do that in a heart beat.  I don't expect that to happen, and the roster needs are probably greater elsewhere. But Jackson is a durable guy who can catch the ball and who, despite being the target on defenses for a long time in St. Lou, still thrived. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I don't like Shonn Green, but I think people are overhyping Bolden a bit.  He is hardly a proven commodity, as good as he looked in limited action.  I think if a guy like Stephen Jackson would take a steep discount to split carries with Ridley on a winner, I would do that in a heart beat.  I don't expect that to happen, and the roster needs are probably greater elsewhere. But Jackson is a durable guy who can catch the ball and who, despite being the target on defenses for a long time in St. Lou, still thrived. 

Of course Jackson would be a better option than Greene (or most guys), but is he going to come here and split carries with someone at a discount? I think I would have a better chance of coming here and splitting carries at a discount than Jackson...and I ran a 5.6 forty two years ago. I would love to see Jackson here.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

No thanks.  As stated by others his skill sets don't bring anything that others on the team already bring.  And to echo others sentiments, depending what happens to WW we'll need at least one WR and the defensive secondary needs work. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Hurl bludgeoned by the board.  Priceless.  Back to the cupcakes!

See here is the thing, I'm talking about football - I don't care about "bludgeoning". We talk football around here - we think outside the box at times, unlike some who just google salary cap management and then want to fight all day long.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Of course Jackson would be a better option than Greene (or most guys), but is he going to come here and split carries with someone at a discount? I think I would have a better chance of coming here and splitting carries at a discount than Jackson...and I ran a 5.6 forty two years ago. I would love to see Jackson here.

Fair enough, I know Jackson isn't coming here, but it's just that kind of unexpected move that may push this offense over the top.  Considering there are other roster needs, I am pretty sure BB will go with his current options at RB, and that's ok.  To your point, if a vet RB that could help becomes available at reasonable dollars then I could see why it may make sense to split carries with Ridley to help take the load off.  I think they like Bolden, and he could get better, but the PED thing makes me cringe a bit.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hurl bludgeoned by the board.  Priceless.  Back to the cupcakes!

See here is the thing, I'm talking about football - I don't care about "bludgeoning". We talk football around here - we think outside the box at times, unlike some who just google salary cap management and then want to fight all day long.

Says the guy who comes in here to mock me on a daily basis even if wrong. Priceless.

Hey, Mt Hurl, what's your major complaint with BB today?  Call him up and sell him on the crappy Shonn Greene. bawhahaa

And you complained about a flyer on Haynesworth? LOL!

Very very poor memory, very. You can twist things all you want - lord knows it's all you're good for - but the truth is YOU are the guy that questions our coach and bashes our QB...thousands of posts (well at least before you got yourself deleted/banned). Lol! 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts