Shonn Greene

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Shonn Greene

Damn thurl, sometimes you surprise me with these posts. No BS I'd rather have Bolden then him, and that's not a slight on Bolden.  Cheaper option that looks to have as much if not more talent.  Time to let Ridley and Vereen take over. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well lets look at it:

Ridley - better runner and Greene fumbles as much as Ridley, no benefit in replacement

Vereen - better runner and pass catcher then Greene, no benefit in replacement

Woodhead - more reliable on 3rd downs and better pass blocker, no benefit in replacement

Demps - higher upside and is faster for return game, no benefit in replacement on STs

Bodden - about the same running ability, debatable upgrade

So, to me you have to go to our 4th/5th RB on the team who might not even make the team next season to have a debatable upgrade at best.....  I'll pass on this one unless he takes a bare min deal with no roster gaurantee going into camp

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Well lets look at it:

Ridley - better runner and Greene fumbles as much as Ridley, no benefit in replacement

Woodhead - more reliable on 3rd downs and better pass blocker, no benefit in replacement

Demps - higher upside and is faster for return game, no benefit in replacement on STs

So, to me you have to go to our 4th/5th RB on the team who might not even make the team next season to have a debatable upgrade at best.....  I'll pass on this one unless he takes a bare min deal with no roster gaurantee going into camp

Ok, look at it like this..

He's not going to be a third down back, so take away the third down guys Woodhead, Demps, and Vareen. He's not going to replace Ridley as the starter, so take him out of the equation. So put him against Bolden - you said it yourself - debatable upgrade/same ability, maybe. I look at it as a chance to add a motivated bigger back as a backup at very resonable money. Nothing more than an experienced guy who has a couple of 1k yard seasons under his belt with no major injuries...that's it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Damn thurl, sometimes you surprise me with these posts. No BS I'd rather have Bolden then him, and that's not a slight on Bolden.  Cheaper option that looks to have as much if not more talent.  Time to let Ridley and Vereen take over. 

Ok, it was just a thought. Let's say this guy had played for the Saints, instead of the jets...would you feel the same way? Acquiring a young back, with 2 thousand yard seasons under his belt, playing in a god awful offense, for reasonable money. Maybe you would, I don't know. This by the sound of it is a really bad idea, so I'm glad I found out what everyone thinks. It didn't sound like a crazy idea to me, but I guess I'm off on this.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Ok, it was just a thought. Let's say this guy had played for the Saints, instead of the jets...would you feel the same way? Acquiring a young back, with 2 thousand yard seasons under his belt, playing in a god awful offense, for reasonable money. Maybe you would, I don't know. This by the sound of it is a really bad idea, so I'm glad I found out what everyone thinks. It didn't sound like a crazy idea to me, but I guess I'm off on this.

Newsflash: We have 3 RBs SUPERIOR to Greene on the roster. 4 if you want to count Woodhead.

Finally, RB is a deep part of our roster and there will be many RBs available, a handful of whom superior to that of Greene.

Why do you overrate the Jets and their organization? You and RKarp does this constantly.

You and RKarp does this constantly.

I'm sorry, but this cracks me up! ^^ I mean here you are the grammer and spell check king and you write that??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Well lets look at it:

Ok, look at it like this..

He's not going to be a third down back, so take away the third down guys Woodhead, Demps, and Vareen. He's not going to replace Ridley as the starter, so take him out of the equation. So put him against Bolden - you said it yourself - debatable upgrade/same ability, maybe. I look at it as a chance to add a motivated bigger back as a backup at very resonable money. Nothing more than an experienced guy who has a couple of 1k yard seasons under his belt with no major injuries...that's it.

I understand that but he's in line for a vet min deal at worst and a BJGE type deal at best. Bolden would still cost less in either case and given that you are looking at maybe 2-5 carries a game for the 4th/5th runner or clean up duty I'm not sure why a former 1k runner would even matter. It might not be a ton of money difference between Bolden and Greene in the end but that's a little extra we can toss at Woodhead or Scott to keep them around. On that note why would he even want to come here for that purpose? Unless no other team in the league is will to give him even a platoon RB position there is no incentive for him to want to be one of the last guys on the depth chart for the Pats.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I definitely get your point, but I still don't even consdier him.  I think he is a capable starting running back, but he is also someone a team would want to upgrade.  I don't think he is going to command a lot of money and even the Jets are leting him walk it seems.  Honestly, no anit Jets feelings here.  I think he is vastly overrated with little to no burst at the second level of the defense.  He runs hard and I will give him that, but I believe Rildey is much more talented.  As TFB would say, I would much rather make a run at Jackson IF they look for extra bodiers at RB.  I think they try and keep Woody and that's about it.  Vereen, Rildey and Bolden can hold it down.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Why not? Young enough, fast enough, big enough and never played on an offense with a passing game. I imagine this guy will have a few teams going  after him, but he should come cheap enough. At the scouting combine it was rumored he was gathering interest with a strong second half of the season. The Falcons and Broncos are said to be interested - I bet this guy would love to compete against the Jets for a few years in the division.

Give me a break! He adds absolutely NOTHING to the group we have. Nothing.

Sections
Shortcuts