Shotgun Spread Base

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Shotgun Spread Base

In response to dmpc2000's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The problem with the op's "analysis" is that the pats D lost the last two Super Bowls, and not Brady.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty is EXTREMELY deaf and blind to this train of thought!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to dmpc2000's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The problem with the op's "analysis" is that the pats D lost the last two Super Bowls, and not Brady.

[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha!! 

The sad part about your comment is while 100% true, Rusty is blind to the truth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I could have told you a mile away if Denver came out in it, it would be easy to defend and Seattle would do that.

[/QUOTE]

Could have, but you didn't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

defense starts with the OLine , the broncos Oline was crushed by the Seahags

Purcells said two weeks ago, who ever controls the area 3 - 5 yards behind denvers center would win the game

the seahags won that battle

except for  zHarvin there was no running game on either side

PMs weak arm showed itself

the officials allowed the physical play against the WRs

broncos safety's were too big and too fast for broncos receivers.

the seahags stopped the donkeys crossing patterns and allowed no YAC, unlike. The Seahags

PM only had short throws available to him

Broncos D never got off the field unntil it was 35 - 8

In the end the game was won by the most physical and the fastest team, who was playing loose, not lost because of the  Offensive scheme - it was execution by an overall superior talented team

as evidenced by the afccg we would have had problems as our Oline can be over powered, that is what we need most this coming year

We wouldn't have stood a chance without Gronk

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rusty, Wilson would have carved up the Patriots defense last night and that Seahawks defense.. well lets just say the Pats aren't even close to a defense like that.  If anything, last nights game just proves a good defense is key to being successful, boy oh boy... the Pats a long way away from that type of defense.  Did you see the pressure they put on Manning, caused him to rush the ball all night, those CB's are so physical.. they make our D look like powder puff hitting midgets.  How embarrassing for BB.  I thought he was a defense guru. 

[/QUOTE]

Stop saying "carved up". It's annoying.  NE's D with its starters was superb earlier this season. All the pieces were in place. It was a terrible year for injuries.

I am ok with knowing that. The talent is clearly there. Clearly.  

I saw tons of pressure from Tommy Kelly down the middle to start this year, so I have no doubts a healthy D and players like that would have gotten in Gomie's grille all night.

Christ, our D shut him down in the November match up.

Talib is small?  Logan Ryan isn't small. Both are also very good press man players. How is this embarrassing?

We're not a "long way" at all. They just need some health and an extra piece in there.

[/QUOTE]

Even with Kelly and vw, that is not a line designed to create pressure. That is a line designed first to stop the run. Still highly deficient in creating the necessary pressure to make offenses like ours and Denver's sputter.

talib, Dennard and Ryan are good. But Dennard and Ryan are small. Same with Arrington. Talib is the biggest at 6'1". What do you consider big? 5'10"? We have a small secondary including and especially our safeties. Compare ours to Seattle and you will see what big means. 

[/QUOTE]

Wrong.  Kelly known more as a pass rusher.  Do your homework.

[/QUOTE]

Sure, keep telling yourself that. You'll believe anything you come up with. 

He averages 3-4 sacks a year. He also has 1 interception in his stats. Is he also known for his ball hawking skills? I bet he could play corner too. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We just watched a Super Bowl which was dominated by a dominating defense and Rusty is talking about offense???  HAHAHA!!  You aren't going to get away with this type of deflection.  If we learned anything last night it was that the Pats have a lot of work to do on defense!  How embarrassing for a BB defense to be so bad for so long and then see the Seahawks with a defense like that.

[/QUOTE]

Seattle's D is very good, no doubt.

However, they looked a lot better than they are because of how easy Denver's O is to defend in terms of knowing what they are going to do....
    [/QUOTE]

Well using that logic, our extra-stout D should have run rough-shod over the Broncos.  What happened?  Why did I spend $300 to see my team allow horseface to put up 26 points on them? 
    Face it, (and stop using injuries as an excuse) BB did not put enough energy or thought into building a SB caliber D this year.  Depth should never be an issue if he is a defensive genius as you claim.  There are holes in his strategy.  He needs to put in more effort on the D side of the team - plain and simple.  Respectable job, but not GM of the year by any stretch of anyone's imagination.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Rusty, Wilson would have carved up the Patriots defense last night and that Seahawks defense.. well lets just say the Pats aren't even close to a defense like that.  If anything, last nights game just proves a good defense is key to being successful, boy oh boy... the Pats a long way away from that type of defense.  Did you see the pressure they put on Manning, caused him to rush the ball all night, those CB's are so physical.. they make our D look like powder puff hitting midgets.  How embarrassing for BB.  I thought he was a defense guru. 

[/QUOTE]

Stop saying "carved up". It's annoying.  NE's D with its starters was superb earlier this season. All the pieces were in place. It was a terrible year for injuries.

I am ok with knowing that. The talent is clearly there. Clearly.  

I saw tons of pressure from Tommy Kelly down the middle to start this year, so I have no doubts a healthy D and players like that would have gotten in Gomie's grille all night.

Christ, our D shut him down in the November match up.

Talib is small?  Logan Ryan isn't small. Both are also very good press man players. How is this embarrassing?

We're not a "long way" at all. They just need some health and an extra piece in there.

[/QUOTE]

Even with Kelly and vw, that is not a line designed to create pressure. That is a line designed first to stop the run. Still highly deficient in creating the necessary pressure to make offenses like ours and Denver's sputter.

talib, Dennard and Ryan are good. But Dennard and Ryan are small. Same with Arrington. Talib is the biggest at 6'1". What do you consider big? 5'10"? We have a small secondary including and especially our safeties. Compare ours to Seattle and you will see what big means. 

[/QUOTE]

Wrong.  Kelly known more as a pass rusher.  Do your homework.

[/QUOTE]

Sure, keep telling yourself that. You'll believe anything you come up with. 

He averages 3-4 sacks a year. He also has 1 interception in his stats. Is he also known for his ball hawking skills? I bet he could play corner too. 

[/QUOTE]

He plays defensive tackle.  Yes, kelly is known as a penetrator not run stopping 4-3 dt.  I do not need to tell myself anything.  I have watched him play for years.

[/QUOTE]

Your 13. You've done NOTHING aside from breathing and blinking for years kid. Fact.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

[QUOTE]

Do the cuckoo birds now see what happens?  Is it now over? Can we now finally move on as a board or not?

I could have told you a mile away if Denver came out in it, it would be easy to defend and Seattle would do that.

If our D was healthy, we would have done something similar in keeping the scoring down.  It's so easy to defend when there is no run game, no threat of a run game and the QB is in the shotgun, over and over and over again. The Giants knew it. They knew it, twice.

Peyton Manning is mostly responsible for that loss just as Brady has been for our two SB losses and a myriad of other playoff games with the utter belligerence of wanting to run that kind of an offense.

Manning has been addicted for years and it's why he's a sub .500 posteason QB and chokes.

It's beyond sad Brady wanted to incoporate the same thing knowing the risks past 2007, but what's done is done. The question now is, will Brady see it too? Will Brady finally check the ego at the door?  That's the question that remains and will remain until Brady hands it off more than passes in a title game or in a SB.

29 rushes for Seattle, 24 passes.   My god. Make it stop, Brady. Make it stop.

An ego is a nasty, nasty thing. Everyone has one, it's just a matter of how bad it is. Gomie's has been bad, as has Brady's. It's been neck and neck for years now. What people call a rivalry is really two egos spiraling out of control.

Gomie can't even admit his performance was embarrassing last night. About sums it up.

As great as each has been in their careers, this can happen with athletes, especially when the organization can't control the ego.  

[/QUOTE]

Well if BB went to he bathroom to take a dump I could tell you he'll wipe his a$ $,but I dont follow coaches and player around like you.Please dont say you dont you seem to know were brady,BB,welker and who else you stalk were they vacation,what they do in thier private time.So whats your point agian?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

You think putting Manning under center would have changed the outcome?  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How much does Brady get paid as opposed to Russell Wilson?

LOL!

I would trade Brady for Wilson right now if it means paying for more defensive components.

Absolutely!

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter what he's paid.  What matter is that the defense SUCKS and BB will never win again with that crap no matter who the QB or who he is married to or how many mansions he has.  Wilson did not win with his 6 points.  He did not get MVP!  The D did with almost triple the points, while allowing PM NOTHING.  No time on the field, no 3rd down conversions, no yards, no scores.. The D did all that!  What a concept.

Get a clue.  You need a DEFENSE to win.

BB FAIL, since 2005!

[/QUOTE]

It dosn't matter that our crappy QB takes up that much of the cap??!

Are you insanse??! Russell Wilson manages a postseason game a lot better than Brady has shown in years and years and he doesn't cost 14 million per.

Plain and simple.

Leave it to you to say something so stupid. Yes, Brady's bloated salary while continuing to underperform over and over, is meaningless. LOL!

[/QUOTE]

Faggggggy, Brady Salary is less than ALL elite QB's and some mediocre ones.

He has not underperformed, the $55 M DEFENSE sucks and has for 8 years.

You've been told over and over and over that S hitty defenses don't win SB's

It's been proven with facts and it's been proven with the eyes.

Get some new eyes or learn the truth (bwahahahaha)  The truth is as foreign to you as your knowledge.  It doesn't exist.

No QB is going to win a SB with that crap!  NO ONE HAS AND NO ONE EVER WILL!  FACT!

Seattle has receivers with as much cap as BRADY, but somehow they still have a DEFENSE.

In case your wondering, that's what a real defense looks like and I told you that at the beginning of the season.  You didn't see it then and are too stupid to see it now.

The Pats haven't had a real DEFENSE since 2004 and that was their only elite one.

Suck on that!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Explain to me how Belichick is such a great coach, and that for some reason, he hasn't been able to get out of the shotgun spread in the last 5 years?

1. Does BB not have the power to overrule Brady? If that's the case, he shouldn't be the headcoach.

2. Does BB not have a better gameplan?

Tell me! It's been shotgun since 2007. BB is your Coach of the year and Executive of the Year. Brady doesn't have full control of the offense like Manning. And if Brady did and BB truly hated it, he would've taken that control.

If you keep point as Brady's arrogance and refusal to go under center as the reason why this team hasnt won the big game, then you have to call BB a bad coach. Because it's been five years of this, and either he's an incompetent coach who has no voice, or he believes playing from the shotgun gives his team the best chance to win.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I'm actually curious to hear your response to this.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Explain to me how Belichick is such a great coach, and that for some reason, he hasn't been able to get out of the shotgun spread in the last 5 years?

1. Does BB not have the power to overrule Brady? If that's the case, he shouldn't be the headcoach.

2. Does BB not have a better gameplan?

Tell me! It's been shotgun since 2007. BB is your Coach of the year and Executive of the Year. Brady doesn't have full control of the offense like Manning. And if Brady did and BB truly hated it, he would've taken that control.

If you keep point as Brady's arrogance and refusal to go under center as the reason why this team hasnt won the big game, then you have to call BB a bad coach. Because it's been five years of this, and either he's an incompetent coach who has no voice, or he believes playing from the shotgun gives his team the best chance to win.

[/QUOTE]

You realize this line of logic has been pointed out to him about a million times. He has never won an argument ever on this board. You know he is losing bad when he goes after your spelling so be prepared.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm actually curious to hear your response to this.

[/QUOTE]

Umm, he has. He dealt Moss and walked from Welkie.  He's not perfect, but he's done things to try to rein Brady in.

I want to know why Brady continues to think he can be like Gomie and then not care when he chokes it down like Gomie.

What is your solution? Deal Brady and take the cap hit?  What do you want him to do? Be more controlling than the presposterous myth that he is controlling?

The fact is, BB can't win here. BBWs like you think Brady walks on water and holds no accountability when his way, his preferred offense, screws it all up.

THis past postseason isn't the best example of it due to injuries, but I have NO FAITH that Brady can execute in the postseason anymore and that is not on BB.

[/QUOTE]

Dealing players is not a solution. And he clearly did not let Welker walk to get Brady out of the shotgun spread because he signed a similar player to replace him.

It's called coaching not controlling. If Brady refuses to then you don't give him the extension that you gave him in 2010.

You're an absolute moron if you don't think BB has any say on the offensive gameplan. Half the people on this board thinks Brady walks on water, and you think BB walks on water. You refuse to admit that BB has played any part in the recent post season failures.

He's the headcoach! Designing a gameplan to have Brady under center is not controlling, it's coaching. You honestly believe BB does not want the shotgun at all? And that everytime Brady goes in shotgun, BB has nothing to say or do about it? If that's true then BB is an extremely passive coach, which is way worse than a controlling coach.

If he didn't want the offense he has now, he wouldn't have hired McDaniels...and he certainly would've been able to coach the offense he wanted in the last half decade.

Sections
Shortcuts