Should Chris Culliver apologize?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Should Chris Culliver apologize?

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

In response to Getzo's comment:

Ok Rick, your thread is getting play now!

@42&46 Wow... street culture?...  Many religious groups feel the same way.   

@dreighver As far as idealogy.. well marriage is in Gods eyes you know, especially when it is done in a church, right?  I believe this brings us to a conversation regarding a serperation of church and state, right?...

God is an opinion -- travel the world and you'll here about many different 'Gods'. To discriminate against a group of people because a certain book says so is absolutely ludicrous... it's mind-boggling that it's still going on in 2013.

And yes, it does come back to church-and-state. Marriage has largely become a secular ceremony -- a bonding of two people who love one another. Furthermore, it provides many tangible benefits, so discriminating against a group of people (based on an uncontrollable condition) and denying them these rights is wrong. 

Slavery was legal at one point.

Interracial marriage was illegal at one point.

This is really no different in my opinion.

Marriage was actually about law.   Christian faith in this country makes it seem like it's more so about religion.

The fact of the matter is, religion was created by different groups in different cultures for them to make sense out of life on earth.

It was also to set up order and some semblance of law. It apparently didn't work very well because numerous wars, mass slaughters and the establishment of sovereign governments actually were needed on top of something like the Ten Commandments.

Can you imagine the amount of murder, rape, etc, hundreds and thousands of years ago?  You think it's bad now, it must have been just horrendous back in the day. Would put the 19th cenutry western expansion to shame. Everyone smelled, rapes and murders right there in the open all day long, etc.   lol

agree

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

@dreighver As far as idealogy.. well marriage is in Gods eyes you know, especially when it is done in a church, right?  I believe this brings us to a conversation regarding a serperation of church and state, right?...

true.. most religions actually

Look my point in all of this is I am playing a devils advocate if you will.  Saying 'street culture' about someone that MAYBE is speaking upon a religious outlook, is just as bad as speaking out about gay people in that manner.  People have their own beliefs. 

That's why I typically don't get involved with these discussions.  It's almost impossible not to get angry, upset, or thrown under the bus...  Football can do that too, but at least we all want the best for the Pats besides the trolls.

that's also true.. but i'm the opposite when it comes to discussions.. i love these discussions because open dialgue is the only way hearts and minds have been changed for the better. you shouldn't take it personally.

Take it Personally?  I really didn't have an opinion on the matter... that's what I was wondering if Talib got signed... sorry I had too. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

During an interview with radio personality Artie Lange, San Francisco 49ers cornerback Chris Culliver said he would not be welcoming of a gay player on his team, Yahoo! Sports reported:

â€ÂÂÂœI don’t do the gay guys man,” said Culliver, whose Niners play the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. â€ÂÂÂœI don’t do that. No, we don’t got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do.”

â€ÂÂÂœCan’t be with that sweet stuff. Nah…can’t be…in the locker room man. Nah.”

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/01/30/1518711/san-francisco-49ers-player-wouldnt-tolerate-gay-teammate-cant-be-with-that-sweet-stuff/?mobile=nc

would NE fans be open to an openly gay player playing for the patriots? i wonder how the people of Provincetown like TSWFAN and kansaspatriot feel about this?

Culliver is probably gay himself.  I always get a kick out of people who are so overly vocal on issues that really have no relevance to them, nor is it being their business.

Personally, I could care less if the person was blue, gay and had one arm.  If they are good, they're good.

here we completely agree although i would venture your reasons are more logical than humane...in fact i am sure of it

Pipe down, troll. You're wrong again.

My sister is gay, she's a doctor and she helps people everyday.  You also know nothing about me off this board.  You're still arrogant thinking you do.  I hold doors for little old ladies, have volunteered to help charities, donated money, helped homeless people, etc.  Don't lecture me about being humane.

Admittdly, I may have my view based on having a close relative who is gay, but I never cared.  I don't know why people care so much about how another person feels for another in an intimate or personal way.    People are all different, like different things, want different things out of life and I refuse to be an American and a hypocrite simultaneously.

This country was founded really about tolerance, freedom and individuality. It's no one citizen's position to tell another how live, how to feel, etc. 

This country also has had pockets of time where the hypocrisy is there. Slavery obviously being the biggest stain. Nothing we can do it about it because you can't change history. But, all you can do is move forward.

This is the youngest civilization on planet earth, and even with some skeletons in the closet, a lot less nasty stuff has happened here in 300 years than other socities. 

Culliver's comments come off as self righteous and ridiculous in 2013. 

i hear u just based on ur way of "expressing" urself, etc...u come across the way i described

a logical reason for a belief is great but not necessarily a humane reason...some people can think but can they feel?

if i am wrong u have my apologies

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Culliver has a right to his opinion,no matter how stupid I think it is.But if he thinks he hasn't had or currently has gay or bisexual teammates,my guess is he's sadly mistaken.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

OOOOOOOooooooo yes, but that is much easier said then done.  I have persoanlly seen co-workers that were friends literally not talk to eachother after a heated debate about politics.

The purpose of my statement was more to reflect on topics like politics and religion, and how they never lead to an 'open minded' conversation were people leave feeling good about it, if you will.  Usually feeling are hurt when it comes to such topics.

Then when that DB made the gay comment, I guess I was erfering to the whole two sides of every story I guess. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

wow i have a post deleted on here too? BDC is censoring me hardcore! shame on them!

I was wondering what was going on.  I honestly didn't see an offensive post. 

See Ricky... it's hard to talk about this stuff without hurting someones feelings. lol.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

wow i have a post deleted on here too? BDC is censoring me hardcore! shame on them!

See Ricky... it's hard to talk about this stuff without hurting someones feelings. lol.

i had every single one of my posts deleted in another thread.. that same thread people called me a muslim and a terrorist for having my avatar and their posts are untouched lol.

Well there you have it... that's a perfect end for my conversation in this tread.  See you on the flip side!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

It's supposed to say why is he in SF. Damn auto spelling:)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

yea san fran probobaly isnt the best city to play for/in if you are a ho.mophobe....as far as what he said, i guess he should apologize..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

During an interview with radio personality Artie Lange, San Francisco 49ers cornerback Chris Culliver said he would not be welcoming of a gay player on his team, Yahoo! Sports reported:

â€ÂÂœI don’t do the gay guys man,” said Culliver, whose Niners play the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. â€ÂÂœI don’t do that. No, we don’t got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do.”

â€ÂÂœCan’t be with that sweet stuff. Nah…can’t be…in the locker room man. Nah.”

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/01/30/1518711/san-francisco-49ers-player-wouldnt-tolerate-gay-teammate-cant-be-with-that-sweet-stuff/?mobile=nc

would NE fans be open to an openly gay player playing for the patriots? i wonder how the people of Provincetown like TSWFAN and kansaspatriot feel about this?

more urban street thug ignorance that sadly infests the black culture....not all and it's getting better but there is a ways to go

i feel for any gay athlete-and they are there and in all sports-and the pressure to keep it hidden, must be incredibly difficult

look at teo. what if hes gay. if he is think all that mess happens if all the prejudice, oppression and mistreatment isnt the case.

no one should be denied a job for being gay, athist, any hue of skin tone, etc. if you can do the job, you can do the job. there needs to be a lot of education in this country (and not math and science).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

true.. most religions actually

i'm just trying to include different topics this place has been getting very dull since the season ended.

"most religions"

not so rick, unless one only considers a few as "relgions"

there are many more native indian nations alone (each with its own religion) than so called major religions.

and in the majority of indigenous culures in the world, sex or relationship between people of the same gender is not looked down upon. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

God is an opinion -- travel the world and you'll here about many different 'Gods'. To discriminate against a group of people because a certain book says so is absolutely ludicrous... it's mind-boggling that it's still going on in 2013.

And yes, it does come back to church-and-state. Marriage has largely become a secular ceremony -- a bonding of two people who love one another. Furthermore, it provides many tangible benefits, so discriminating against a group of people (based on an uncontrollable condition) and denying them these rights is wrong. 

Slavery was legal at one point.

Interracial marriage was illegal at one point.

This is really no different in my opinion.

And right from wrong is always up to debate too, right?  There's always two sides to all this stuff is all I am saying.

"right" is not determined by who is in power (popes or legislators). they are just the ones that write the books and create the mores. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

what was deleted ricky?

and im curious about youur attempt to raise consciousness about a justice and human rights issue (apartheid and genocide in palestine).

last year i spent a good amount of time on some related subjects people were talking about in a thread doing some education around some commonly believed propaganda.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

If Patrick Willis is gay . I am sure he would apologize ! And be very happy Willis is on his team!

Foxhole mentality can change mindset.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

â€ÂÂÂÂÂœI don’t do the gay guys man,” said Culliver, whose Niners play the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. â€ÂÂÂÂÂœI don’t do that. No, we don’t got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do.”

â€ÂÂÂÂÂœCan’t be with that sweet stuff. Nah…can’t be…in the locker room man. Nah.”

Culliver is probably gay himself.  I always get a kick out of people who are so overly vocal on issues that really have no relevance to them, nor is it being their business.

Personally, I could care less if the person was blue, gay and had one arm.  If they are good, they're good.

here we completely agree although i would venture your reasons are more logical than humane...in fact i am sure of it

Pipe down, troll. You're wrong again.

My sister is gay, she's a doctor and she helps people everyday.  You also know nothing about me off this board.  You're still arrogant thinking you do.  I hold doors for little old ladies, have volunteered to help charities, donated money, helped homeless people, etc.  Don't lecture me about being humane.

Admittdly, I may have my view based on having a close relative who is gay, but I never cared.  I don't know why people care so much about how another person feels for another in an intimate or personal way.    People are all different, like different things, want different things out of life and I refuse to be an American and a hypocrite simultaneously.

This country was founded really about tolerance, freedom and individuality. It's no one citizen's position to tell another how live, how to feel, etc. 

This country also has had pockets of time where the hypocrisy is there. Slavery obviously being the biggest stain. Nothing we can do it about it because you can't change history. But, all you can do is move forward.

This is the youngest civilization on planet earth, and even with some skeletons in the closet, a lot less nasty stuff has happened here in 300 years than other socities. 

Culliver's comments come off as self righteous and ridiculous in 2013. 

i hear u just based on ur way of "expressing" urself, etc...u come across the way i described

a logical reason for a belief is great but not necessarily a humane reason...some people can think but can they feel?

if i am wrong u have my apologies

You're wrong. Apology accepted, I guess. You have this nasty habit of assuming and being ignorant and arrogant at the same time.

You;re definitely one of the more arrogant trolls just stomping around here interjecting in the threads, left and right.

glad u accepted my apology

but as for ur attack after that not only is this waaaay over the top and off base Rusty but my God if ever in the history of Mankind of the pot calling the kettle...wow!

anyway fascinating discussion but time to call it for me...see me on another thread

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

i had every single one of my posts deleted in another thread.. that same thread people called me a muslim and a terrorist for having my avatar and their posts are untouched lol.

two things rick: whomever called u a muslim and/or terrorist is [probably just a typical flagwaving loudmouth american who has pictures of john wayne and ronald reagan in their wallets and posters of f16's all over their walls and/or gets all their facts from Rush Oxicontin and Sean Hamsh*tty and Faux News so u can dismiss them as moorons who think war is a tv show they watch while sitting safe and sound in their living rooms 10,000 miles away

am I stereotyping? hell yes

that all said ur avatar and some of ur posts dont belong here...

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts