Should Hernandez play against Jets?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

Should Hernandez play against Jets?

I'd say no - let him rest. That way when Gronk comes back we can have Hern and Gronk 100% for the playoffs.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Should Hernandez play against Jets?

I think he was probably good to go last weekend but they kept him out.  Get him in there, time to earn his pay from that big contract he got.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

doesnt matter we win either way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think he was probably good to go last weekend but they kept him out.  Get him in there, time to earn his pay from that big contract he got.

[/QUOTE]

If the risk of re-injuring it is abnormally high, one of those things where tweaking it again could effectively end his season, then rest him and run the ball down their throats and get a little creative in the passing game.

If it's more the case that he won't be as effective as if he were 100% but unlikely to make it worse then I'd say not only play him but feature him early. Get him involved before the ankle starts to wear down at all. Then use him as a decoy if nothing else.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

depends on game. If Patriots are winning by more than 17 pts. or more then no. If we need the help AND he is actually healthy enough to play, then yes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

If he can make all the cuts and the medical staff is good with it, then hell Yeah.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Put Daniel Fells in as the Y tight end in blocking situations.  He's been overshadowed by Gronk and Hernandez but he's a great blocker.  Otherwise give Edelman more time.  If the Jets ignore Edelman they're asking for trouble.  The team is rich in skill players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

You play him if he is healthy enough to give us a better chance of winning and if it is not a question of the possibility of making any lingering problems worse (outside of normal wear and tear and dangers).

I expect he will play but if he does not they will be trying to create other issues for the Jets D like matching up coverage against a guy like Vereen or working the combination of Lloyd, Wes and Edelman to go after the weakest link in the secondary.

And of course if we are able to run well we will. How effective will the blocking be with 2 backup guards and no Gronk is a key question.

It is possible that the horrible Jets O could collapse and could give up enough turnovers to make up for any other shortcomings.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to NYPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd say no - let him rest. That way when Gronk comes back we can have Hern and Gronk 100% for the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

So, you have some medical knowledge and have examined Hern to make this determination?  What makes you think he is not healthy to return?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

If he is good to go, yes.

Don't rush him though, because they are going to NEED him against Houston and Frisco ... considering that Gronkowski is out. 

I think they could fake it for a week against the Jests, and pull one out using the spread like a run n shoot offense, and the 11 package to run over them.

No Gronk really messes with this offense though. They have to choose between a TE who can actually catch passes (Hern, Shiancoe in the EZ) and one who can block (Fells). Gronk is a freak, the kind of TE who can do it all.

But with Hernandez in there, they can spread it at least, and just go high wire act for a few weeks. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

As per usual I agree with some posters on two points you use Hernandez and Shancoe as Pass catcher and Fells as a blocker. IMO the Pats  might run the ball more than usual and(as ZB mentioned) the could run the spread and bunch plays which would put Welker into play. Truth is the need production from Hern, Edelman and good/great game from Welker.,

The D needs to keep up pressure and get turnovers. If the D can get 3 TOs or more I can't see the Jets winning. I have no idea what the Pats record is when the get 3 or more TOs, but it has to be good. Brady can't throw a clinker.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NYPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So, you have some medical knowledge and have examined Hern to make this determination?  What makes you think he is not healthy to return?

[/QUOTE]

No, of course I don’t have any medical knowledge. My concern is if we rush him in and he is not 100% we might end up without Gronk and Hern.

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts