Should Mangini and the Jets have received the same sanctions for Favregate as the Pats and Belichick did for spygate?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

Should Mangini and the Jets have received the same sanctions for Favregate as the Pats and Belichick did for spygate?

seems like mangini blatantly participated in cheating and violating league rules by intentionally refusing to include favre's shoulder situation in any of the injury reports. when others like Bel have to comply and he doesnt, that is an unfair competitive advantage too. WHAT SHOULD BE THE PUNISHMENT FROM GOODELL?

goodell should consider banning the rat for a year, fining him and the Jets up to a million bucks (as were bel and the pats) and by taking away a first rounder from the JETS! tired of all the Belicheat negativity and echo chamber music. lets call them the JEATS or him, mangicheats. fact is almost everyone bel was competing against engages in some kind of deception or rule "misinterpretation" to a degree. Belichick did not invent the stuff, yet these self-righteous frauds act like it was all one-sided! Funny how everyone now uses his approach towards injuries. yep, we hate it... only until they can grow the sack and brain cells to do it also. it actually makes sense not to stand up there when u have no definitive clue and say "my qb has a fractured 4th rib right here on his left side, that really hurts if hit in this or that way or when he has to run this kind of play." 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Should Mangini and the Jets get the same sanctions for Favregate as the Pats and Belichick did for spygate?

Do not believe what you are hearing now.

Do you think for one minute that Bert Favray would jeopardize the only thing he has left -- his "iron man" streak -- for something as paltry as an NFL injury report? Green New Jersey didn't hang Favre out to dry any more than he hung them.

This is a non-issue. If they know the guy is hurt, and the guy knows he is hurt, and they both know the injury report says "available," the only ones being shortchanged are the idiot Green New Jersey fans.

If Goody wouldn't punish the Jests for the very same infraction they reported the Pats for -- of which they were equally guilty -- you can rest assured he won't even sniff this large bunch of nothing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Re: Should Mangini and the Jets get the same sanctions for Favregate as the Pats and Belichick did for spygate?

I think they should put an asterisk next to all of the Jets championships.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

In Response to Re: Should Mangini and the Jets get the same sanctions for Favregate as the Pats and Belichick did for spygate?:
    [QUOTE]   I think they should put an asterisk next to all of the Jets championships. *
    Posted by Mungomunro[/QUOTE]you mean all of the jets CHAMPIONSHIP! its great being the hammer in a rivalry with a nail!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

The infractions aren't even in the same league. I hate the Jets, but this one will be a fine, if anything.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Would it have made any difference?  Like having Brady on the report week in and week out for his shoulder?  But, there were many questions about why Brett went downhill fast in the last month of the season.  Now we know.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I voted "no" because the offenses were different in my opinion.
    One team was caught taping after the Commish told everyone in the league to stop and the other team blatantly failed to disclose their QB's injury.
    In the Patriots' case, Goodell was trying to send a message to the rest of the league even though I think his loyaty to his former employer (The Jets) had a lot to do with the tough sanctions agains the Pats. BTW Did they ever find out who leaked the video to Goodell's wife's network?
    In this instance with the Jets, Goody won't have the stones to do much more than a tolken fine.

The Jet are horrible and the league knows it. The league office has tried to help this joke or an organization over the years to no avail. Whether it was taking away picks from the Patriots for hiring Belichick (something that they failed to do to the Jets when they tampered with Parcells who was still employed by the Pats) or the whole spygate issue when the Pats paid a hefty price despite having tapes of the Jets DOING THE SAME THING. It doesn't matter what you do TO or FOR the Jets...They are going to stink!!!

What really can the league do aside from fining the Mangini (now with Cleveland) and the Jets as an organization?
    The Jets could have listed or refused to list ANYONE on the injury report as whatever they wanted and it still didn't help them make the playoffs.
    I don't think that the Jets should even be fined...
    We should all pity the Jets. It's been forever since their LONE championship and will be years more before they get a sniff of the playoffs.
    I think that the league should sweep this under the rug. It's sad enough that the Jets fanbase (all three of them that are left) have had to suffer through the YEARS of mediocrity. Why put them through more ridicule with this whole cheating on the injury report fiasco? They have suffered enough.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Should Mangini and the Jets get the same sanctions for Favregate as the Pats and Belichick did for spygate?:
    [QUOTE]I voted "no" because the offenses were different in my opinion. One team was caught taping after the Commish told everyone in the league to stop and the other team blatantly failed to disclose their QB's injury. In the Patriots' case, Goodell was trying to send a message to the rest of the league even though I think his loyaty to his former employer (The Jets) had a lot to do with the tough sanctions agains the Pats. BTW Did they ever find out who leaked the video to Goodell's wife's network? In this instance with the Jets, Goody won't have the stones to do much more than a tolken fine. The Jet are horrible and the league knows it. The league office has tried to help this joke or an organization over the years to no avail. Whether it was taking away picks from the Patriots for hiring Belichick (something that they failed to do to the Jets when they tampered with Parcells who was still employed by the Pats) or the whole spygate issue when the Pats paid a hefty price despite having tapes of the Jets DOING THE SAME THING. It doesn't matter what you do TO or FOR the Jets...They are going to stink!!! What really can the league do aside from fining the Mangini (now with Cleveland) and the Jets as an organization? The Jets could have listed or refused to list ANYONE on the injury report as whatever they wanted and it still didn't help them make the playoffs. I don't think that the Jets should even be fined... We should all pity the Jets. It's been forever since their LONE championship and will be years more before they get a sniff of the playoffs. I think that the league should sweep this under the rug. It's sad enough that the Jets fanbase (all three of them that are left) have had to suffer through the YEARS of mediocrity. Why put them through more ridicule with this whole cheating on the injury report fiasco? They have suffered enough.
    Posted by ROWDYRODRUST[/QUOTE]
    This is hair splitting in the extreme. If you're going to call the harmless filming that BB did "cheating"  and impose the draconian sanctions that the pats suffered, then you can't take other rule violations and decide that they're "different",  therefore not cheating and attach no sanctions at all.
    At least manweenie should have to do a one game dickout.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to Should Mangini and the Jets get the same sanctions for Favregate as the Pats and Belichick did for spygate?:
    [QUOTE]seems like mangini blatantly participated in cheating and violating league rules by intentionally refusing to include favre's shoulder situation in any of the injury reports. when others like Bel have to comply and he doesnt, that is an unfair competitive advantage too. WHAT SHOULD BE THE PUNISHMENT FROM GOODELL? goodell should consider banning the rat for a year, fining him and the Jets up to a million bucks (as were bel and the pats) and by taking away a first rounder from the JETS! tired of all the Belicheat negativity and echo chamber music. lets call them the JEATS or him, mangicheats. fact is almost everyone bel was competing against engages in some kind of deception or rule "misinterpretation" to a degree. Belichick did not invent the stuff, yet these self-righteous frauds act like it was all one-sided! Funny how everyone now uses his approach towards injuries. yep, we hate it... only until they can grow the sack and brain cells to do it also. it actually makes sense not to stand up there when u have no definitive clue and say "my qb has a fractured 4th rib right here on his left side, that really hurts if hit in this or that way or when he has to run this kind of play." 
    Posted by bubbakilla[/QUOTE]Take away a draft pick. Cheating is cheating.Any player on the field can steal signs,spygate was a joke. The Jets cheated and now need to punished.Spygate in Detroit is over the next day. The NFL needs to fine and take away a Draft pick. I'm not saying a #1 but still treat every Team equally.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonJetsLeon. Show leonJetsLeon's posts

I wouldn't consider "not" reporting an injury when the player played cheating.I would though call it cheating if another team illegally filmed another teams signals.I mean it's pretty easy to defend a play when you know what's coming.

Spygate is and will forever be a major blow to the pats organization.One that will never be forgotten by the sporting world.

So gang!Is everybody having a productive day?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

I'll vote no because it will never happen no matter how many sleazy moves the Jets pull.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

[QUOTE]"or the whole spygate issue when the Pats paid a hefty price despite having tapes of the Jets DOING THE SAME THING. It doesn't matter what you do TO or FOR the Jets...They are going to stink!!! "
    Posted by ROWDYRODRUST[/QUOTE]

There's your answer. Goodell will do very little if anything. The guy is corrupt!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

They could use the * as the Jets team logo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

[QUOTE]I voted "no" because the offenses were different in my opinion. One team was caught taping after the Commish told everyone in the league to stop and the other team blatantly failed to disclose their QB's injury. In the Patriots' case, Goodell was trying to send a message to the rest of the league even though I think his loyaty to his former employer (The Jets) had a lot to do with the tough sanctions agains the Pats. BTW Did they ever find out who leaked the video to Goodell's wife's network? In this instance with the Jets, Goody won't have the stones to do much more than a tolken fine. The Jet are horrible and the league knows it. The league office has tried to help this joke or an organization over the years to no avail. Whether it was taking away picks from the Patriots for hiring Belichick (something that they failed to do to the Jets when they tampered with Parcells who was still employed by the Pats) or the whole spygate issue when the Pats paid a hefty price despite having tapes of the Jets DOING THE SAME THING. It doesn't matter what you do TO or FOR the Jets...They are going to stink!!! What really can the league do aside from fining the Mangini (now with Cleveland) and the Jets as an organization? The Jets could have listed or refused to list ANYONE on the injury report as whatever they wanted and it still didn't help them make the playoffs. I don't think that the Jets should even be fined... We should all pity the Jets. It's been forever since their LONE championship and will be years more before they get a sniff of the playoffs. I think that the league should sweep this under the rug. It's sad enough that the Jets fanbase (all three of them that are left) have had to suffer through the YEARS of mediocrity. Why put them through more ridicule with this whole cheating on the injury report fiasco? They have suffered enough.
    Posted by ROWDYRODRUST[/QUOTE]has the commish not talked about this over and over?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Total double standard here.  They repeatedly cheated and were caught, on a matter that would have definitely affected the outcome of some games.  How can the fines be so low?  Where is the draft pick?

To those who claim it would have a mild affect, tell that to the coaches.  You really think the game plans would not have been severely altered if they knew Favre was so injured he could barely throw long?  You don't believe this would have changed the outcome of one or two of those remaining games of 2008?

And to Jets defenders everywhere, are you aware that the Jets are once again being investigated for contract tampering.  Does this team ever pass an offseason WITHOUT tampering with some other team's contracted player?

I do not hate the Browns.  I rooted for them under Romeo.  But I want them to go 0-16 this season, just so this hypocrite can finally be tossed out of the sport.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

[QUOTE]Total double standard here.  They repeatedly cheated and were caught, on a matter that would have definitely affected the outcome of some games.  How can the fines be so low?  Where is the draft pick? To those who claim it would have a mild affect, tell that to the coaches.  You really think the game plans would not have been severely altered if they knew Favre was so injured he could barely throw long?  You don't believe this would have changed the outcome of one or two of those remaining games of 2008? And to Jets defenders everywhere, are you aware that the Jets are once again being investigated for contract tampering.  Does this team ever pass an offseason WITHOUT tampering with some other team's contracted player? I do not hate the Browns.  I rooted for them under Romeo.  But I want them to go 0-16 this season, just so this hypocrite can finally be tossed out of the sport.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]i totally agree. i could not have said it any better.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mstringr. Show mstringr's posts

[QUOTE]I voted "no" because the offenses were different in my opinion. One team was caught taping after the Commish told everyone in the league to stop and the other team blatantly failed to disclose their QB's injury. ..............Posted by ROWDYRODRUST[/QUOTE]

The Jets blatantly failed to disclose an injury RIGHT AFTER THE LEAGUE RE-EMPHASIZED TO ALL TEAMS THE IMPORTANCE OF ACCURATE INJURY REPORTING AND FULL DISCLOSURE.

That's why the Pats got reamed - their offense was flaunting right in the face of the league after reinforced special emphasis. Well, so did the Jets. The offense is not the issue, it's the league's authority that is the issue. And the Jets were disrespectfulof that authority in the exact same manner. The penalty should be the same!

That it is NOT:  I take as admission by Goodell that he threw a tantrum and over-reacted in the Patriots case.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Re: Should Mangini and the Jets have received the same sanctions for Favregate as the Pats and Belichick did for spygate?

Just more evidence that he is a biased incompetent who will always give his former employers a break. By the way what happened to the investigation of and punishement for the person who leaked the Pats tape.LOL . I gues its under the rug like the Jets filming the Pats and the Colts throwing the game to the Titans.,

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeedBru54. Show NeedBru54's posts

Re: Should Mangini and the Jets have received the same sanctions for Favregate as the Pats and Belichick did for spygate?

This is total B.S.  The Jets and Mangini should get the same as what happened to the Pats and Belichick.  At least Belichick had the decency to admit his mistake and take it on the chin!
    that is why the Patriots are a much better organisation that the Jets.  I hear now that Flash Gordon even wants to dis-associate himself from them!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

NO.

BB was fined and the Pats lost the pick for defying an edict from the Comissioners' office.  Even though the Jets had done the very same thing in the playoff game vs the Pats the yaer before, it was before the hoaky letter from Ole Rog. 

This is a simple vioation, which quite frankly BB uses all the time too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

(something that they failed to do to the Jets when they tampered with Parcells who was still employed by the Pats) or the whole spygate issue when the Pats paid a hefty price despite having tapes of the Jets DOING THE SAME THING.

I believe we got a first and something else (a third?) for Parcells.  We got that because it was for a lateral position, HC= />HC.  The penalty for hiring Belicheck was "iffy", because they had just promoted Bill to HC, but he had not accepted, so it wasn't really a lateral move, was it?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Its been proven that the pats also have not reported injuries, yet they have received no penalties. 

On the other hand, while many here have indicated that the jets also filmed illegally, I don't know that I have read this anywhere other than this forum.  

Now maybe you all can prove me wrong, but until that time, as I see it, the league has actually been biased IN FAVOR of the pats and not the other way around.

Some of you might say when pigs fly, or when ESPN opens an office in boston (oh wait-never mind).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

In Response to Re: Should Mangini and the Jets have received the same sanctions for Favregate as the Pats and Belichick did for spygate?:
    [QUOTE]Its been proven that the pats also have not reported injuries, yet they have received no penalties.  On the other hand, while many here have indicated that the jets also filmed illegally, I don't know that I have read this anywhere other than this forum.   Now maybe you all can prove me wrong, but until that time, as I see it, the league has actually been biased IN FAVOR of the pats and not the other way around. Some of you might say when pigs fly, or when ESPN opens an office in boston (oh wait-never mind).
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE] dude, u r so wrong. the commish's office has never really liked or been crazy about the pats. along with jerry jones, they tend to b a bit renegade in their approach includg with the whole CBA thing. also, pats arent really a sexy team esp as compared to the cowboys, raiders and the other blowhard teams out there. yep, for league purposes, its greater to have a clown like Ryan. he is the reincarnate of jerry glanville. how did his career work out?.. but hey, he was fun and quotable and loved the cameras. pats just win with no hype. good for us, not necessarily for the commish or league. 

in regards to pats with injury stuff, lets just spin that with jets BS... since the commish sent his letter, bel has been in compliance. so the past doesnt matter, right?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Do you really believe in your heart of hearts that false injury reporting is the same thing as filming signals? Come on. I hate the Jets as much as anyone, but let's be real about this. They put a wounded duck on the field and said he was fine. We should be thanking them for that. BB himself treats the injury report as his own weekly FU memo to the League.

How can Pats fans say the Man has it out for them, when the Pats are the Man!!!

Boston is a top media market. Kraft is one of the most influential owners. Have you read the stories about how he's able to influence the schedule? Back to back west coast games to avoid an additional cross country trip last year? Was the rest of the league crying bias?

The League is about money. Ratings equal money and the Pats generate ratings better than just about anyone. To suggest they aren't sexy and appealing to the League is truly naive.

As long as Pats fans continue to stonewall and deny any wrongdoing with Spygate (or trivializing it), it just fans the flames to keep it going. I really don't want to be writing about this another two years from now. If BB can admit a mistake, why can't the fans? MOVE ON!!! Or post this stuff on the Herald's web site.

Sections
Shortcuts