Should Maroney be inactive this weekend?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

Should Maroney be inactive this weekend?

think its time to put galloway bak in there... like idea of 3 tightends thus i believe maroney is odd guy out as pats roll with 3 RBs!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Should Maroney be inactive this weekend?

No Maroney means only two active backs. 

Faulk isn't really a RB, so, it would just be Morris. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

In Response to Re: Should Maroney be inactive this weekend?:
    No Maroney mean only two active backs.  Faulk isn't really a RB, so, it would just be Morris. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Maroney needs to be returning kicks....and that's about it!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannoone. Show dannoone's posts

PLAY LAW FIRM!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pantherlaxvt. Show Pantherlaxvt's posts

He's inactive every weekend, why would this be any different?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sebasatwork. Show sebasatwork's posts

Since BB is restructuring the defense, maybe it is time to do something about offense too. I’m sure there is a running back out there happy to carry for Pats…Maroney is inefficient…I don’t know what’s his problem, but at this point he received a lot of chances to prove himself.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I don't think sitting Maroney helps us, because we just don't have much at that position and taking Maroney out (as ineffective as he's been) only leaves us with fewer experienced backs. I would consider activating BJGE, however, and giving him some chances to show what he can do in a real game.  Something needs to be done about the anemic running game, and so starting to get BJGE into the mix makes sense to me. But I'd rather do that with Maroney still active as an option just in case BJGE struggles (or there's an injury).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pantherlaxvt. Show Pantherlaxvt's posts

They should get Izzo from Walpole High he is better than Mulboney

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WorcesterJack1. Show WorcesterJack1's posts

He's inactive every weekend, why would this be any different?
    Posted by Pantherlaxvt

Absolutely agree.  Ms Maroney should consider another sport where physical contact isn't necessary.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_439198. Show user_439198's posts

The funny thing is he ran 5 times for 21 yds last week. I am confused as why a 4 yd/carry is bad.could some one explain.did maroney took himself off the game after 5 carries ?

I want law firm their to see what he does.He is slower than morris and maroney so i think he will have issues when people are in the backfield.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

perhaps it is time for a warren dunn.. arent there tons of guys out there for a pinch, low money role.. guys who could carry the rock 10 times or so but arent really good at special teams? something's up.. maoroney wasnt even on special teams this pat week.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'm still wondering why the man, the myth, the legend hasn't got his chance to carry the rock yet........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the last i checked there isnt a running back on the team avg over 3.6 yrds a carry other then taylor at 4.6 yrds.so tell me how is anyone else better then maroney?and oh yes lets put the saviour in law firm.who hasnt done anything but have two good games against two lousy teams a year ago.

http://boston.stats.com/fb/teamstats.asp?teamno=17&type=stats

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rugger02. Show rugger02's posts

Never been a huge Maroney fan even when they drafted him, I always thought he was a result of the Minnesotta two back system with Marion Barber. But last week I thought he looked as good as he has all year (which is not saying much since he only had the ball 5 times) yet he ran with purpose and gasp even cut a run going outside up the middle for a 3 or 4 yard gain. One thing BB has repeatedly said about Maroney is his blitz pickup is only second to Faulk even though he wiffed on one last week. Christian Fauria said something earlier this week about just giving him the ball and letting him go and with Tenn up this week I would like to see them give Maroney the ball 15 to 20 times and see if he can be an everydown back or if Maroney will be the heir apparent to Kevin Faulk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

It makes you wonder when two prominent skill position players are this state....this early in the season.  The futures of both Maroney and Galloway are in doubt and, when you analyze it, their productivity is disappointing considering there are only so many roster spots.  

At some point some hard decisions will need to be made.  However, I think theri ahnds are tied right now as ther are no other alternatives.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

It makes you wonder when two prominent skill position players are this state....this early in the season.  The futures of both Maroney and Galloway are in doubt and, when you analyze it, their productivity is disappointing considering there are only so many roster spots.   At some point some hard decisions will need to be made.  However, I think theri ahnds are tied right now as ther are no other alternatives.   
    Posted by schwank
    is there anyone else better at rb?morris 109yrds,maroney 99yrds,and faulk 70 yrds.this is the total yards through 5 games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

the last i checked there isnt a running back on the team avg over three yrds a carry other then taylor at 4 yrds.so tell me how is anyone else better then maroney?and oh yes lets put the saviour in law firm.who hasnt done anything but have two good games against two lousy teams.
    Posted by mosseffect43

These stats are a week old, and I posted them on a different forum, but Mike Reiss dropped these stats on us...

The breakdown of negative runs:

Laurence Maroney -- 7 in 27 attempts

Fred Taylor -- 2 in 45 attempts

Sammy Morris -- 2 in 13 attempts

Kevin Faulk -- 1 in 16 attempts

THIS is how anyone else is better then Maroney!  More then a quater of his touches are for losses, which is unacceptable!  I'm not for him being made inactice, but I'd rather see him in a backup role...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

they all look pathetic to me.it states through five games.there isnt a running back on the team that has been worthy.im not sticking up for maroney,but he shouldnt be blamed for the rest of the backs sorry production either.look at this average for example.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4645

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

they all look pathetic to me.a week old or not.there isnt a running back on the team that has been worthy.im not sticking up for maroney,but he shouldnt be blamed for the rest of the sorry backs sorry production either.
    Posted by mosseffect43

How is he getting blamed for other backs sorry production? Besides that I agree with you, and the only person we've yet to see during the regular season is BJGE...  Which explains why everyone is so high on him.  We all see the backs adding very little to our offense, and the magic cure MUST be the one back we haven't played...  Let us dream!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: Should Maroney be inactive this weekend? : How is he getting blamed for other backs sorry production? Besides that I agree with you, and the only person we've yet to see during the regular season is BJGE...  Which explains why everyone is so high on him.  We all see the backs adding very little to our offense, and the magic cure MUST be the one back we haven't played...  Let us dream!
    Posted by Payment84
    with all the posts on its time to cut maroney.its posted every week,but why not call out morris,and sometimes faulk?i like faulk dont get me wrong,but he dosent put up great numbers every week either.law firm should be given a try.its just some act like he is the anwser before being tested.i hope he is,but im not gonna say he is the anwser.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

In Response to Re: Should Maroney be inactive this weekend? : with all the posts on its time to cut maroney.its posted every week,but why not call out morris,and sometimes faulk?i like faulk dont get me wrong,but he dosent put up great numbers every week either.
    Posted by mosseffect43

I have two personal reasons on why this happens....  First, I keep reading interviews of Maroney where he talks a BIG game, and then never backs it up.  Second he's been around for long enough to make an impression that would allow me to overlook week by week issues, but he's yet to impress!  Faulk could fumble the ball three times in a game and I bet you'd get less of a reaction from fans because he's established good rapport over the years!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

this is true,maroney has been a bust,but if the production isnt there by any running back,no matter what round they were drafted,or how long they have been on the team.they should be replaced by a proven player that can get it done.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

An OL that could open up some running lanes would be nice too.

Patriots are 9th in the NFL in rushing attempts (139) and 25th in YPA (3.6)

They s*ck at running the ball, but it's a team effort.....

They're not alone though....

Atlanta has Michael Turner and averages 3.5 YPA as a team....
    Indy has Addai and Donald Brown and averages 3.3 YPA as a team.....
    Chicago has Matt Forte and averages 3.8 YPA as a team....
    Carolina has DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart and averages 3.8 YPA as a team....

Hell, even Minnesota only averages 4.1 YPA with AD and Chester Taylor....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rugger02. Show rugger02's posts

Everyone is calling for BJGE its like saying the most popular player on a bad team is the backup QB, except this team is pretty good and we are talking about the RB's

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from e-rok. Show e-rok's posts

This is to everyone who responded to this post.

I am not a Maroney fan period.
    I would love to see maroney placed in special offense because his inability to stay healthy is effecting the run offense A LOT!. Also his running style is horrible! the guy pretty much stands up and runs opening a lot of locations to get hurt!. I swear did everybody forget about BENJARVUS GREEn-Ellis! the guy had a great year in 08. his spped is great and his running style if just as great as reggie bush or feliz jones. PLAY GREEN-ELLISSSSSSSS

Sections
Shortcuts