Should Maroney be inactive this weekend?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Re: Should Maroney be inactive this weekend?

Yes, I beleive it is her time of the month to take a break.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Should Maroney be inactive this weekend?:
    This is to everyone who responded to this post. I am not a Maroney fan period. I would love to see maroney placed in special offense because his inability to stay healthy is effecting the run offense A LOT!. Also his running style is horrible! the guy pretty much stands up and runs opening a lot of locations to get hurt!. I swear did everybody forget about BENJARVUS GREEn-Ellis! the guy had a great year in 08. his spped is great and his running style if just as great as reggie bush or feliz jones. PLAY GREEN-ELLISSSSSSSS
    Posted by e-rok

Reggie Bush and Felix Jones are both quick, fast, slashing open field runners who are electric with the ball in their hands and threats to score from anywhere on the field, BJGE is neither, he's by all accounts a tough between the tackles type runner.......Ive also never heard BJGE and great speed used in the same sentence...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccodders. Show ccodders's posts

Give Green-Ellis the ball, he knows how to run north and south. He can't be any worse the Maroney's Dancin with The Stars routine. He showed he has great vision in the pre season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

Jedinate posted this on another thread so kudos to him!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80c57f2c/WK-10-BenJarvus-Green-Ellis-highlights

How about we just give him a shot this week?  As far as speed is concerned, I'm not concerned with breaking 20+ yard gains, just consistent positive yards!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zigmundo. Show zigmundo's posts

Response to Re: Should Maroney be inactive this weekend?:
    In Response to Re: Should Maroney be inactive this weekend? : I have two personal reasons on why this happens....  First, I keep reading interviews of Maroney where he talks a BIG game, and then never backs it up.  Second he's been around for long enough to make an impression that would allow me to overlook week by week issues, but he's yet to impress!  Faulk could fumble the ball three times in a game and I bet you'd get less of a reaction from fans because he's established good rapport over the years!
    Posted by Payment84

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston006. Show boston006's posts

In Response to Should Maroney be inactive this weekend?:
    think its time to put galloway bak in there... like idea of 3 tightends thus i believe maroney is odd guy out as pats roll with 3 RBs!
    Posted by bubbakilla

I thought Maroney was Inactive all year...  WOW, He needs to go... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zigmundo. Show zigmundo's posts

In Response to Re: Should Maroney be inactive this weekend? : I have two personal reasons on why this happens....  First, I keep reading interviews of Maroney where he talks a BIG game, and then never backs it up.  Second he's been around for long enough to make an impression that would allow me to overlook week by week issues, but he's yet to impress!  Faulk could fumble the ball three times in a game and I bet you'd get less of a reaction from fans because he's established good rapport over the years!
    Posted by Payment84

That is true to a point. Remember Corey Dillon couldn't hit the holes with any speed his last season. I think that while most fans complained, they were grateful to CD for his body of work with the Pats and were not nearly as vociferous about him leaving.

Not sure what happened on my previous post. Oops.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zigmundo. Show zigmundo's posts

Jedinate posted this on another thread so kudos to him! http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80c57f2c/WK-10-BenJarvus-Green-Ellis-highlights How about we just give him a shot this week?  As far as speed is concerned, I'm not concerned with breaking 20+ yard gains, just consistent positive yards!
    Posted by Payment84

I watched the video 3 times and kept saying to myself Maroney would not have done that, Maroney would not have done that... Granted the Bills were the opponent, but he was hitting holes that are non-existent for Maroney. Baloney! There was at least one run where BJGE made something from nothing. If speed is so important let's look at Maroney highlight reels. You will think the film is running backwards. I agree, what are the Pats waiting for? To be absolutely, positively, thoroughly, indeniably certain that LM can't get the job done? There is almost nothing to lose in giving him another shot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

I think BillB is going to use law firm more as the season goes on. Its a long season, and running backs break down. Having some fresh legs late in the season is what BillB wants... that is the plan. Thats my opinion, at least.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

Until Maroney gets the chance to touch the ball 20-25 in a single game then we will definitely know his true value on this team, until then everyone is goin doubt him including the patriots coaching staff and us.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

Bill needs to give maroney the ball 20+ times for a couple of games... I say just start off the first driving, and keep feeding maroney the ball on 1st and 2nd. Morris can be productive as a "bench" player as we've seen.. He can just come into a game and run, but i think maroney needs to be fed some carries to get him going this season. Plus its also on the OL, OL needs to open up some holes. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Maroney may be skittish about a busted shoulder or something, but he still has speed.  Alternating backs that have different attributes makes each of them play better.  For now, run him wide with zone blocking 5 times a game, let Sammy plow the pile on third and 1, Faulk gets third downs and long, Fred Taylor is questionable to play, and BJGE is in if Taylor looks the least bit marginal.

Calling any running back a girlie-man is low-life.  As a fan I'm not getting my head hammered in all day by Wilfork's (or anyone else's) blob-belly.  These guys run with busted shoulders/everything and it hurts to move.  It doesn't matter if they're injured at the first practice and marginally producing for the rest of their lives, or if they're bruised around in their 15th year, they're all tough hombres.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Personally I think we should run Laurence 20 times a game and see how he does once the defense wears down and he is able to get in a rhythm. We have not given him that chance yet this year. Then we will know if he can be effective or not.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

He's inactive every weekend, why would this be any different?
    Posted by Pantherlaxvt

LOL.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I don't think sitting Maroney helps us, because we just don't have much at that position and taking Maroney out (as ineffective as he's been) only leaves us with fewer experienced backs. I would consider activating BJGE, however, and giving him some chances to show what he can do in a real game.  Something needs to be done about the anemic running game, and so starting to get BJGE into the mix makes sense to me. But I'd rather do that with Maroney still active as an option just in case BJGE struggles (or there's an injury).
    Posted by soloflyfisher

Ditto.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Should Maroney be inactive this weekend? : That is true to a point. Remember Corey Dillon couldn't hit the holes with any speed his last season. I think that while most fans complained, they were grateful to CD for his body of work with the Pats and were not nearly as vociferous about him leaving. Not sure what happened on my previous post. Oops.
    Posted by zigmundo

Yeah, but Dillon was playing very hurt that season, which is part of why he hung it up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I think BillB is going to use law firm more as the season goes on. Its a long season, and running backs break down. Having some fresh legs late in the season is what BillB wants... that is the plan. Thats my opinion, at least.
    Posted by mkulacz

I agree that BB tends to do that. But in this year, they risk not making the post-season with the statua quo.

Sections
Shortcuts