Should Michael Vick be cheered or booed in his return to Atlanta?..At end, he was CHEERED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

Should Michael Vick be cheered or booed in his return to Atlanta?..At end, he was CHEERED!

This guy, from a purely football perspective, did a lot with Atlanta. put them bak on the NFL map and took them almost single-handedly to the playoffs. not to mention, the amount of $ he brought bak to that city and to his owners. It always cracks me up how so many will say with a Tom Brady that we do not care what he does in private or even that he has been ACCUSED in his past by his own baby mama of some Tiger-like "transgressions", as long as he can bring his A game on Sunday and give us Ws! So why should Vick be any different? I grasp that some will also point to OJ for we are talking "morals" and legal. still, we as fans are not lawmen so we should avoid such splitting in discretions. I think Vick should rightfully be booed by "strangers' out of Atlanta but should get a humanitarian cheer from the people of Philly and ATLANTA! 

He is likely no longer in the torture of dogs business, has repented and recanted, done his time and in every way practical begged and grovelled for our understandg, compassion and empathy. I am no Christian or theist  but I believe the Jesus, Buddha, Moses or Muhammed in us all would challenge us to forgive but VERIFY as the man gets to work on his redemption! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBcheats. Show BBcheats's posts

Re: Should Michael Vick be cheered or booed in his return to Atlanta?

Who cares...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Who cares if he got to Atlanta to playoffs a couple times?

The guy cared more about himself and "torturing" dogs (as you said) then about the city of Atlanta or their football team.  Because of this, he screwed his team over, went to jail and left them saying W.T.F.???  And having to draft another 1st round QB and restructure the whole orgination.

If he really cared about the game and the fans then he would have been a good QB, studied tape, etc and then they could have moved forward with him and built a team around what he can do. Instead they had to start over...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Should Michael Vick be cheered or booed in his return to Atlanta?:
    [QUOTE]This guy, from a purely football perspective, did a lot with Atlanta. put them bak on the NFL map and took them almost single-handedly to the playoffs. not to mention, the amount of $ he brought bak to that city and to his owners. It always cracks me up how so many will say with a Tom Brady that we do not care what he does in private or even that he has been ACCUSED in his past by his own baby mama of some Tiger-like "transgressions", as long as he can bring his A game on Sunday and give us Ws! So why should Vick be any different? I grasp that some will also point to OJ for we are talking "morals" and legal. still, we as fans are not lawmen so we should avoid such splitting in discretions. I think Vick should rightfully be booed by "strangers' out of Atlanta but should get a humanitarian cheer from the people of Philly and ATLANTA!  He is likely no longer in the torture of dogs business, has repented and recanted, done his time and in every way practical begged and grovelled for our understandg, compassion and empathy. I am no Christian or theist  but I believe the Jesus, Buddha, Moses or Muhammed in us all would challenge us to forgive but VERIFY as the man gets to work on his redemption! 
    Posted by bubbazilla[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he'll be barked at  by the fans.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Atlanta doesn't owe this guy anything. He should get booed! He totally let his team and the city down with his off the field actions. I'm not saying he shouldn't be playing because he did do his time and he seems to be re-habbing per the court orders but when it comes to going back into Atlanta he should get booed at least the first trip back. Whatever good he brought that city and team he brought ten fold the negative press and coverage for murdering dogs.

As far as trying to make a comparison to what TB and Tiger have done you're a moron. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

Boo or cheer?  No, they should torture him like he tortured poor defenseless dogs-POS!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'm glad Vick is getting a second chance but don't expect Atlanta fans to embrace him. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I live in Atlanta so I've been in the middle of this firestorm for years now. They should boo the heck out of him because of what he did with dogs. In this country, you don't mess with kids and you don't mess with dogs. He was an overrated quarterback to begin with and I said that from the beginning, even when he took the Falcons to the NFC title game. He was always run first and pass second, and against a more sophisticated defense like Philadelphia or Tampa Bay, he looked atrocious.

As a bigger issue, he was aloof from the local community. Not once did he conduct an interview with the local sports radio station. Not once did you hear about him in the community. He gave the fans middle fingers for booing him. You could also see videos of him strolling the mall with his posse talking about he's unstoppable. Off the field, he made the local news once: when he went to the local Lamborghini dealership to test drive a Gallardo for his mom. It was disgusting. To make that kind of money in this city, you're expected to be a bigger part of the community but he was clearly far from that. All in all, it was very bizarre. When he broke his leg in a pre-season game, you could see the owner, Arthur Blank, roll him out in a wheelchair and talk with him on the sideline all game.

The town is split on the issue. ESPN (as they would to make a quick buck) held a panel discussion in Atlanta when the story broke a few years back. The panel involved local journalists, radio personalities, etc. Well, they never even finished the 2-hour program because the fans became unruly. Uneducated, ignorant fans got into a "FREE Vick" chant. They boo'd white panelists that said Vick got what he deserved. African Americans asked questions to the panel along the lines of "Do you think if Tom Brady or Peyton Manning killed dogs, they'd get the same punishment?" It was more than a right/wrong thing or a good/bad thing. It became a race story, which was moronic in my opinion.

Very polarizing story around here but he deserves to be publicly beaten by the fans. No doubt in my mind.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Bubbazilla = Bubbakilla = Leon

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

I just don't buy the second chance argument with this guy.  Torturing animals the way he did is just terrible, and the fact he was in a position do plenty of it makes it worse.  I agree with Oggie, the deceased dogs don't get a second chance at life so he doesn't deserve one either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Not sure if you guys ever heard about this but one of the dogs that was rescued from his operation was struck by a car and killed a few months ago. I believe her name was Jasmine and if I remember correctly, she was the one who had the toughest road ahead and yet she was seemingly rehabilitated. That was also the same day Vick joined the Eagles, I believe. There's no justice, I can tell you that right now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

i admire and really appreciate all the compassion most of u seem to have for dogs and wanting the feds and governments in general to intervene on their behalf. what gets me is how many of the anti-Vick folks are also the first ones to show absolutely no compassion for other downtrodden or unprotected members of society like inner city kids,  those in prison, poor, handicapped, or the mentally challenged in terms of more government intervention and THUS a bit more in taxes. have no doubt about it, when the govt puts a michael Vick RIGHTFULLY in prison it is costg all of us taxpayers money, same with denyg him the right to come bak and  pick up a check and more TAX dollars, and so forth. i just want to see more consistency! 

It is also my beef with the likes of Tig Woods. got no beef with him not being committed to traditional monogamy. I am not a big fan of the institution either. my beef is that he did not find the proper partner to negotiate that deal with as i have oe as a Drek Jeter seems to have done in the non-marriage platform. I am sure there are tons of lovely hot ladies out there who would gladly sign up for $5M to play the traditional public role of the faithful wife as he is allowed to go out and get his private rocks off as she chooses to not give that any priority and even to see him as a "soulmate" if not THE sexmate. Heck, she may even recommend some extra-partners.I respect a Tom Brady much more because at least he decided to give the traditional monogamy thing a shot with Gissy and from all of what i know and read, he seems to be stickg with that arrrangement as is she. Pik  a direction, be consistent, and find others to reinforce that and you have peace! 

So for all you Vick-haters, i just pray and hope that you do extend that same common-good compassion to some of those other defenseless animals called HUMANS!  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Should Michael Vick be cheered or booed in his return to Atlanta?:
    [QUOTE]i admire and really appreciate all the compassion most of u seem to have for dogs and wanting the feds and governments in general to intervene on their behalf. what gets me is how many of the anti-Vick folks are also the first ones to show absolutely no compassion for other downtrodden or unprotected members of society like inner city kids,  those in prison, poor, handicapped, or the mentally challenged in terms of more government intervention and THUS a bit more in taxes. have no doubt about it, when the govt puts a michael Vick RIGHTFULLY in prison it is costg all of us taxpayers money, same with denyg him the right to come bak and  pick up a check and more TAX dollars, and so forth. i just want to see more consistency!  It is also my beef with the likes of Tig Woods. got no beef with him not being committed to traditional monogamy. I am not a big fan of the institution either. my beef is that he did not find the proper partner to negotiate that deal with as i have oe as a Drek Jeter seems to have done in the non-marriage platform. I am sure there are tons of lovely hot ladies out there who would gladly sign up for $5M to play the traditional public role of the faithful wife as he is allowed to go out and get his private rocks off as she chooses to not give that any priority and even to see him as a "soulmate" if not THE sexmate. Heck, she may even recommend some extra-partners.I respect a Tom Brady much more because at least he decided to give the traditional monogamy thing a shot with Gissy and from all of what i know and read, he seems to be stickg with that arrrangement as is she. Pik  a direction, be consistent, and find others to reinforce that and you have peace!  So for all you Vick-haters, i just pray and hope that you do extend that same common-good compassion to some of those other defenseless animals called HUMANS!  
    Posted by bubbazilla[/QUOTE]
    I think the kind of woman who is willing to be married in a non monogomous relationship is harder to find than you might think.  If they are OK with being used it is probably only because they plan to get a divorce and collect a big paycheck.  Attitudes about marriage usually change as people get older.  To be 25 with no kids and no wife is cool, to be 55 is sort of pathetic. 

I don't condone what Vick did or how he behaved.  I can tell you that while I never did anything like Vick, I wouldn't want to be judged by the things I said and did in my 20's.  People can change, sometimes drastically and I hope he has.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

He should be booed.  He murdered dogs.  man's best friend.  Totally f'd up.  who could cheer for this monster?  "Yay!  He ran for four yards!  Sweet!."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Booed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Vick was a pittbull owner far longer than he was a football player in the spotlight.  Unfortunately some of the activities that go along with owning pittbulls, bulldogs, rotties & other beastly dogs is dog fighting. As a former pittbull breeder (razor's edge bloodline) i was surprised to find out the culture of raising these beasts in mass quantities. Blacks and whites performed the same screwed up practices. When one of your best females wasn't willing to mate they were strapped onto what they called "rape tables". And theres far worst things than that go on. Some people get into dog fighting and those dogs are raised to be killers from day 1. It takes ALOT of time to raise pitbulls whether your raising them to kill or to be gentle. They're the most hard-headed of all dogs and are naturally violent when they don't get the extra love and attention from their owner.

My point is Vick didn't have the time to be what the media and other animal lovers paint him out to be. He didn't have the time to raise those animals to become killers. Its sad that he financed the operation and took place in an execution or two but he's not the monster. Those dogs were. And had they not been connected to Mike Vick they would've been "put down" by the vet. It wasn't until after the whole Vick situational the people outside of pitbull lovers were even considering pitbulls to be pets and they were outlawed in a lot of areas. Now they have a show on animal planet & are considered dogs again & not wild animals.

And FINALLY as for Vick... Had his comrades been loyal to him he wouldn't have faced such charges and would've probably still remained the most electrifying athlete in all of sports. (moreso than Lebron). Atlanta would possibly be the best team in the NFC with the highest paid QB because of his endorsements. They might have had a shot at an Adrian Peterson with Roddy White just coming into form with Vick proving that if he had a WR maybe he would be a better QB. 

The most famous jersey in the NFL over the last decade was a falcon jersey.. ATL should cheer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

In Response to Re: Should Michael Vick be cheered or booed in his return to Atlanta?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should Michael Vick be cheered or booed in his return to Atlanta? : I think the kind of woman who is willing to be married in a non monogomous relationship is harder to find than you might think.  If they are OK with being used it is probably only because they plan to get a divorce and collect a big paycheck.  Attitudes about marriage usually change as people get older.  To be 25 with no kids and no wife is cool, to be 55 is sort of pathetic.  I don't condone what Vick did or how he behaved.  I can tell you that while I never did anything like Vick, I wouldn't want to be judged by the things I said and did in my 20's.  People can change, sometimes drastically and I hope he has.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]Shenanigans, great thoughtful post. what Vick did is reprehensible but yes, people do change esp beyond their 20s (heck, george W famously talked about youthful indiscretions about stuff done in his mid 30s) and hope he does too. America at its best is the home of EARNED second chances and Vick has EARNED that privilege. his buds may have let him down and what not but it was he who give in to his early cultural -ancestral demons and upbringing. 

most likely, he did not want the stigma of being called a sell-out or uncle tom as it is with MOST blak athletes from similar non-privileged, non-polished and non-suburban backgrounds. takes a while and an often an unfortunate incident like this for them to find the courage and mentors to maximize some distance from those hangers-on and to recognize that those who write their cheks and buy the jerseys also get to set the "moral" codes and stand on their self-righteous thrones casting absolute judgments. in practical terms that means abandoning the "blak" world and be it thru expediency or conviction prioritizg the realities of the "white" world. I know of no blak-cultural world where dogs are man's friends  or where dogfighting is banned or a major moral issue. In fact, i know of no non-WHITE world where dogs are a top emotional priority. heck, in china and most asian cultures, dogs are called LUNCH! but pragmatically, we live in the US and the western world where all the POWER is dominated by puritanical anglo-saxon caucasians. so Michael is wrong for not at least expediently making the right calculations and distances on that issue in advance. in same way, tiiger is now WRONG! 

in terms of non-monogamy, i agree that it is hard to casually and randomly find most gals interested in that. again, we are talkg culture and socialization. in most European and non AmericoWestern/AngloSaxon cultures, this is not much of an issue. many French, Italian and German presidents have been known to OPENLY parade their mistresses around and get elected over and over without so much as a whimper from the press. Personally, I have never found it much of an issue for me. the women i have been with do not view it as being used and they really are not being used. in exchange for me committg to them to serve as the primary/home partner, i get to have some well-regulated play elsewhere (at times). True monogamy really only works for women in my view. Men are designed to love a woman inside-out but still compartmentalize some "improvising!" I have been blessed to find those willing to independently grasp this and work with me in that non-absolute "gray" area of life!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

[QUOTE]Vick was a pittbull owner far longer than he was a football player in the spotlight.  Unfortunately some of the activities that go along with owning pittbulls, bulldogs, rotties & other beastly dogs is dog fighting. As a former pittbull breeder (razor's edge bloodline) i was surprised to find out the culture of raising these beasts in mass quantities. Blacks and whites performed the same screwed up practices. When one of your best females wasn't willing to mate they were strapped onto what they called "rape tables". And theres far worst things than that go on. Some people get into dog fighting and those dogs are raised to be killers from day 1. It takes ALOT of time to raise pitbulls whether your raising them to kill or to be gentle. They're the most hard-headed of all dogs and are naturally violent when they don't get the extra love and attention from their owner. My point is Vick didn't have the time to be what the media and other animal lovers paint him out to be. He didn't have the time to raise those animals to become killers. Its sad that he financed the operation and took place in an execution or two but he's not the monster. Those dogs were. And had they not been connected to Mike Vick they would've been "put down" by the vet. It wasn't until after the whole Vick situation the people outside of pitbull lovers were even considering pitbulls to be pets and they were outlawed in a lot of areas. Now they have a show on animal planet & are considered dogs again & not wild animals. And FINALLY as for Vick... Had his comrades been loyal to him he wouldn't have faced such charges and would've probably still remained the most electrifying athlete in all of sports. (moreso than Lebron). Atlanta would possibly be the best team in the NFC with the highest paid QB because of his endorsements. They might have had a shot at an Adrian Peterson with Roddy White just coming into form with Vick proving that if he had a WR maybe he would be a better QB.  The most famous jersey in the NFL over the last decade was a falcon jersey.. ATL should cheer.
    Posted by 617AcrossDaBoard[/QUOTE]617, welcome to the thoughtful, more contrarian objective context. its great to have another "comrade". Vik also was a gentle, non-pitbull dog owner with many as harmless pets much longer than he was in the spotlight too! again, i have the utmost respect for everyone who connect such collective-universal passion and compassion to dogs. i just hope that also gets extended towards the greater collective good for ALL of humanity esp those most unfortunate and defenseless souls amongst us!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from condog24. Show condog24's posts

niether he should be stranged instead. or send an angry pitbull or two at him

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

Re: Should Michael Vick be cheered or booed in his return to Atlanta?..At end, he was CHEERED!

a little quote i just got from USA today:

Those who were left — many of them wearing No. 7 jerseys — were chanting "We want Vick! We want Vick!"

Sections
Shortcuts