SHOULD PATS CONSIDER PICKING PRYOR IN THE SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT TO CONVERT HIM TO A WR/TE TYPE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

SHOULD PATS CONSIDER PICKING PRYOR IN THE SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT TO CONVERT HIM TO A WR/TE TYPE?

right after cam newton, terrelle pryor is the most freakishly athletic qb-type out there. his passing skills are suspect but his ability to run and evade tacklers is very proven. he's 6'6 and 240 pounds. i dont believe pryor is ready to play qb in the nfl and clearly has some serious judgment issues to make any major team doubt his ability to be a leader at a high level. it doesnt help him by missing his entire senior season. perhaps if we van hire tressel as well, it could help pryor make an even faster transition (well, assuming tres doesnt wanna kill the guy at this point). 

but just as julien edelman has made the conversion, i think pryor can do the same under the tutelage of a belichick. we can give him a 3 to 4 year deal and allow him enough room to learn and be slowly phased in. 6'6 guys who are freakishly athletic and can run do not fall off trees everyday. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Re: SHOULD PATS CONSIDER PICKING PRYOR IN THE SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT TO CONVERT HIM TO A WR/TE TYPE?

Hell no.....he will be a cancer to any team

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Re: SHOULD PATS CONSIDER PICKING PRYOR IN THE SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT TO CONVERT HIM TO A WR/TE TYPE?

as an OSU alum, i say no!  while he is a great athlete he is a very selfish person.  plus whose roster spot would you take?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Matt Jones - college QB, 6'6 ran a 4.37 40. Flopped as a converted reciever.

So you want to take a player who has never played the position you want him to play but unlike Julian he is a problem player. Even Matt Jones wasnt a problem. He just wasn't any good despite amazing size/speed cmbination.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

To late Pryor  might be going to CFL the Roughrigers have the rights to negoiate with him.Even no deal is down he has till next week to decide.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: SHOULD PATS CONSIDER PICKING PRYOR IN THE SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT TO CONVERT HIM TO A WR/TE TYPE?:
    [QUOTE]To late Pryor  might be going to CFL the Roughrigers have the rights to negoiate with him.Even no deal is down he has till next week to decide.
    Posted by lippa[/QUOTE]

The CFL is the best landing spot for him. Perhaps he can get his head on straight, and get NFL ready there...like Warren Moon and Doug Flutie before him.

With Hoya and Mallett aboard, the Pats don't need another developmental QB. Besides, Hoya and Mallett are both more talented QB prospects than Pryor.

Pryor as a developmental TE or WR? Please. Seems hardly worth parting with a 4th or even 5th round pick for this selfish head case.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

In Response to Re: SHOULD PATS CONSIDER PICKING PRYOR IN THE SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT TO CONVERT HIM TO A WR/TE TYPE?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SHOULD PATS CONSIDER PICKING PRYOR IN THE SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT TO CONVERT HIM TO A WR/TE TYPE? :      The CFL is the best landing spot for him. Perhaps he can get his head on straight, and get NFL ready there...like Warren Moon and Doug Flutie before him.      With Hoya and Mallett aboard, the Pats don't need another developmental QB. Besides, Hoya and Mallett are both more talented QB prospects than Pryor.      Pryor as a developmental TE or WR? Please. Seems hardly worth parting with a 4th or even 5th round pick for this selfish head case.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I wasnt saying the pats should take him, but people were saying  the pats could convert him into a WR .I was just stating that he had a offer on the table for the CFL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Forget him...he's already damaged goods.........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

No.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Stupid thread. how bout we draft a WR or TE to play WR and TE?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

Geez, the poster of this thread needs to get a life. Is this your "BIG THOUGHT" of the day?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Matt Jones - college QB, 6'6 ran a 4.37 40. Flopped as a converted reciever. So you want to take a player who has never played the position you want him to play but unlike Julian he is a problem player. Even Matt Jones wasnt a problem. He just wasn't any good despite amazing size/speed cmbination.
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]
    does pryor have a drug and alcohol addiction issue? had matty not gone that route no doubt he is STILL an nfl performer. u all forget how much potential he showed his first year and a half before his demons took over his life. we are not talking a top pick here. i saw this kid dominate some very hogh level competition. never had an issue with what he actually accomplished on the field. as long as the pats checks clear, i dont think he will be a bad apple. lets not allow his college antics to entirely cloud up his pro potential. 

the cfl thing is just an option as will the ufl. if he can get into the nfl via the supplemental option y would he not put in an out-option? should be a deal breaker.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Why?  Which TE would he replace?  Remember with Smith we have four pretty good ones . . .  maybe the best collection in the NFL!  At WR we need a deep threat and he is not that guy . . .  I'd never waste a pick on this guy . . . like someone said, he is a cancer!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

He's the type of person I want the Jets to get ---Wink

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Oy, why do people insist that we draft athletes to play postions other than their college position, especially with a relatively high draft pick it wil require to get him?  Let's draft Tebow so he can play TE.  I'll stick with the guys who have an observable body of work and who have played the position over a guy who by many reports is of shaky character.    

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I might actually go for him with a sixth or seventh round flyer.  If he applies himself in camp, I'd look for him to then drop to the practice squad and get a free year to develop his skills.

He's a stupid kid to take big money as a college student and get caught, but Hernandez did worse.

I'll give him one thing:  he has NFL size for a quarterback and NFL speed for a quarterback.  I'm not saying that he's a good quarterback, but if he can learn to throw better, he's murder.  I wish he had some brains.  I'd give him a week to prove to the QB coach that he can improve.  Then try him at H-back.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The NFL needs to shum him.  This makes Pryor take a different route to the NFL.  He has to prove his worth.  Whether it be the CFL or the AFL he needs to go where he can work on his game and life.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

the guy is a beast, but i dont see him contributing here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

He's not an "nfl performer" he has never performed in the nfl.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

not a fit

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsHaterinCO. Show PatsHaterinCO's posts

He is a perfect fit for the Patriots.  Dirty player like the rest of the team and no class!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

No. He's a bad apple. Why do you always want to try to turn us into the Bengals?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Here's an evaluation on Terrell Pryor from Ourlads Scouting Services: http://library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1103211070416-10/Terrell+Pryor+2011+Supplemental+Draft.pdf

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]     Here's an evaluation on Terrell Pryor from Ourlads Scouting Services: http://library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1103211070416-10/Terrell+Pryor+2011+Supplemental+Draft.pdf
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    Big, strong, and athletic enough to play a slot receiver position while he 
    is learning all nuances of NFL quarterback play. Caught 3 passes for 2 touchdowns in Buckeye career

great article overall but that little excerpt reinforces my point. we can train him as a 2-way guy in the mode of a jeff hostetler. not like he's first-rounder. while he trains as a 4th string qb, he could be contributing on special teams and as a slash/kordell stewart type. y not? next year, we could trade hoyer and put hoyer as the emergency qb. see how the wr thing works out. its a perfect situation in new england. no pressure. he has 3-4 years. kinda like a pitcher/short stop type who gets drafted like casey kelley of the red sox. u see what happens going both ways then u pick one. 

turns out tressel and pryor are even closr now. we could get a joint package in foxboro!

Sections
Shortcuts