Should Pats go for Tomlinson??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

Should Pats go for Tomlinson??

He is "probably" on his way out of San Diego - he has a 3 million dollar contract with them next year, and it looks like they'll cut him before his 2 million bonus goes through - what do you all think about picking him up?  I, for one, would LOVE to see him come here - despite the little arguement that happened in the playoffs....

Here's the article from the NFL:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/01/18/signs-point-to-end-of-tomlinsons-ride-in-san-diego/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

Re: Should Pats go for Tomlinson??

oops, there's already an LT thread, sorry folks!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

L.T. is proven to choke in the playoffs.  I don't know if he's worth it if you know he'll only give you regular season production.

The point of a dual threat running back is to keep the best teams honest against you when it counts most - if that running back disappears in the clutch, he's somewhat useless.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

You can never have enough LT threadsYell

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

We'd be better off with the first L.T.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Lawrence Taylor would be a nice start. Does he have any sons?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I remember reading how he used to buy coke for girls who would then take opposing team's players for a "night on the town", the night before home games. And they sure didn't give a rat's a s s how high he was, as long as he he was playing like he was. As for Tomlinson, I don't see it as a good investment. It wasn't the running game that failed them this season, it was the defense. They used to be the best 4th quarter team in the league. Lately anyone can score late. Ladainian is not much better than the "committee" of RBs already here. And he's not usesd to playing in the winter weather. On offense I'd rather see them upgrade the line.