Should Pats make Sammy Morris the lead RB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

Should Pats make Sammy Morris the lead RB?

Everyone forgets he was the leadg rusher last year. i say let's go back to that. In 2007, before his injury, he was also the leading rusher with an attacking, aggressive and explosive side. i recall a few breakaway runs. durability has clearly been an issue but he can carry it 15 times or so and should b startg! BGE should be in the mix but more in role Morris was playing before freddy's injury. maroney can continue to be maroney and we will be fine. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: Should Pats make Sammy Morris the lead RB?

I have no doubt that Morris would be very productive as a lead back.  I think he's one of the more underrated players around.  That being said, I'd be very fearful of him breaking down and getting injured if he had to carry a large workload.  He's 32, and has somewhat of an injury history.  

Increased load...yes, for sure. But it can't be just him.  In an ideal world, Maroney steps it up and plays like he did in the second half of 2007.  If not, BJGE needs to step in and play well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Morris isn't all that great of a blocker. Think back to Brady's injury last year, who was the blocker?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

The problem is he is pretty fragile. I think he gets 1/2 the load though from here on out until he gets hurt. Yes, he will get hurt again. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

In Response to Re: Should Pats make Sammy Morris the lead RB?:
    [QUOTE]The problem is he is pretty fragile. I think he gets 1/2 the load though from here on out until he gets hurt. Yes, he will get hurt again. 
    Posted by Macrawn[/QUOTE]
    Morris ran for 138 yards against Denver last year. A player should get recognition for his work, not his mouth(Maroney)
    Of course Morris should start!
    The only reson BB may start Maroney is this is Maroney's "make or break" year and BB wants to make sure he makes the right decision.
    If Morris starts , it is a sign that BB has already given up on Maroney.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I think they'll continute to employ a running back by committe operation, you won't see a "lead back" until they get another Dillon or Smith, someone who can hammer it between the tackles 20-30 times a game.  IMO, they'll continue to utilize their backs situationally......based on what the defense gives them.  On this team a "starter" at runningback simply means the guy who see's the field first and not necessarily the guy who will finish the game or be used the most. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

love morris but he will get hurt if he handles it 15 times a game

things will be very similar.... little more Maroney than before the Taylor injury and sprinkle in some lawfirm

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Should Pats make Sammy Morris the lead RB?:
    [QUOTE]Everyone forgets he was the leadg rusher last year. i say let's go back to that. In 2007, before his injury, he was also the leading rusher with an attacking, aggressive and explosive side. i recall a few breakaway runs. durability has clearly been an issue but he can carry it 15 times or so and should b startg! BGE should be in the mix but more in role Morris was playing before freddy's injury. maroney can continue to be maroney and we will be fine. 
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]

Depends on the situation...Faulk is the clear choice for play action. Although, I've always wanted to find out how Laura would do in Faulks role...since he is better in open field

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

There is no "lead RB" on the Patriots, per se.
    With that said, Faulk will get the most snaps, Morris will get the most rushes, Maroney will get third most playing time (giving rests to Faulk and Morris), and BJGE will get a couple touches (probably in the 4th quarter).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

EHop14 just started this same conversation, except with an important update here:

I guess you'll get your wish if you wanted Morris.

Sections
Shortcuts