Should Pats sign Terrelle Pryor?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Should Pats sign Terrelle Pryor?

As a wideout!?

He has speed and great hands?

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Should Pats sign Terrelle Pryor?

Man, I'm really not one to bash another fan's thread here but this one is REALLY pushing my buttons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TERRELLE PRYOR?! On the Patriots?! Most importantly, as a receiver?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Pats have 2 first round picks, 2 second round picks and 1 third and 1 fourth. They have 0 5th, 6th and 7th round picks. Is Pryor worth that 4th rounder next year to red shirt this year with the hopes of making him that tall wide out?
    I would take that shot. BB usually doesn't when it comes to draft choices
    2012 draft choices
    1st Round
    1st Round (www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2011/04/patriots-trade-28th-pick.html">New Orleans)
    2nd Round (www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2011/04/patriots-trade-3rd-and-4th-into-2012.html">Oakland)
    2nd Round
    3rd Round
    4th Round

Picks traded away:

7th Round – (KC – Jarrad Page)
    7th Round – (MIN – Randy Moss)
    6th Round – (PHI – Tracy White)
    5th Round – (CIN – Chad Ochocinco)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

No.

Just no.

That's all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I don't see it happening so it probably will....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

He's also not intelligent enough to work within this offense. Not as a receiver, not as a QB, not even as a ball boy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

1) It's a supplemental draft so we're going to have to compete with some really desperate teams for his services (ie Mia, Cinn, Buf). How high of a pick are you willing to give up for an experiment. You can't just sign the guy

2) He's stated repeatedly he wants to be a QB. Now normally I would say that the kid just wants to get in the league but Pryor has a massive ego. He's also proven he'll say one thing to get draft and then turn right around and make a stink. For example when they were deciding if he even qualified for the supplemental draft one of the deals was they would bypass the qualification for the supplemental draft rule but he'd be suspended for 5 games for his NCAA violations and leaving his team early as a way to bypass not only the draft but possible punishment for his NCAA infraction. Initially he accepted this but once he was declared eligible for the supplemental draft his lawyers immediately come out saying they will appeal the 5 game suspension. I wouldn't trust the kid as far as I could drop kick him

3) He's been known not only to be a non-leader but actually to be a pain to his teammates and coaches. Reports are this kids ego is so large that he was actually an anti-leader in the locker room

I'll pass spending a pick on a kid with this many issues for a team that has so much depth teams are drooling to see who doesn't make the cut on cut down day

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Of course, then they should sign Tebow and we'll have three usless QBs who are trying to learn a new position. 

Edelman to WR - He blows. Can't catch, can't stay healthy. 
    Pryor to WR - How do you know he can catch?
    Tebow to TE/FB/H-back - How do you know if he can catch or block or do a combination of both? 

The Pats are stacked at QB and WR, stop trying to bring in chumps that would take a roster spot of a DLman, LB or DB. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Sick of these threads lets sign everybody lol.I say lets sign Bradys kid before  its to late and the pats got 18 yrs to devolpe him lol.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

STAY AWAY

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to Re: Should Pats sign Terrelle Pryor?:
    I don't see it happening so it probably will....
    Posted by dmcpatsfan

I had to laugh at this.  I feel the same way after this off season.  No way in hell it happens and then, well......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Yes they should sign him....put him in a bag & beat him with pipes!

Go Blue!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

The Patriots have 88 people that they are trying to squeeze into a 53 man roster.  Where are they going to put Pryor?  They have 3 quarterbacks on the roster and more wide receivers than slots.  So why waste a draft pick on an experiment.  supplimental players are usually head cases that could not make it in college.  There are better UDFA and FA's available than this kid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Just because Pryor has talent does not mean they should sign. From a logistics standpoint we don't have the room on the roster to develop a prospect at a new position nor do we have the late round pick. The consensus is he lacks the leadership quality to be a QB and he is an unknown at another position. Let someone else like Buffalo take him on; it makes more sense for them. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

no. not unless he isn't drafted and signs to the practice squad, so no.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

C'mon man, show some forsight. Both Wes and Branch and Edelman are not signed after this year, and you have no clude what Johnson will bring in his 34 and 35 years old seasons. Will Tate make the team and will Price show enough to stick? Isn't WR a specific need next year? If Pryor runs 4.4 and is 6'6" with hands bigger than any player drafted this year, imo he is worth a 4th in next years draft.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

Raider's use a 3rd pick to sign him:

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/210159/raiders-use-3rd-round-pick-on-terrelle-pryor

...and why would the Pat's need another QB anyway?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gettek. Show gettek's posts

no

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

gettek,
    your insight into the situation is riveting. why can't more people elaborate like you?
    I look at what Brad Smith brings to a game plan and the salary he signed for. I also see the career that Randel-El had. I then see Pryor at 6'6" and running a 4.4 40 and read how big his hands are and how strong he is. Isnt the guy worth a 3rd round flier at a 3rd round price tag? Wasn't Matt Jones a similiar project and taken in the 1st round?
    If Pryor is hungry and wants to be an NFL player and work for that set me up for a lifetime contract, I don't see the down side?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ws04ed. Show ws04ed's posts

This is a no brainer............... NO

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lombardi479. Show lombardi479's posts

Just because someone runs fast and has "big hands" doesn't mean he can run routes or catch a ball.  Plus he might not want to be a WR.  I rather keep the guys we have because we know Wes is a 1000 yard reciever.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Just because someone runs fast and has "big hands" doesn't mean he can run routes or catch a ball.  Plus he might not want to be a WR.  I rather keep the guys we have because we know Wes is a 1000 yard reciever.
    Posted by lombardi479

True, but its better than a player who is slow and has little hands...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Posted by lombardi479

Vince,
    No one is saying to draft Pryor and cut Wes. But Wes is over 30 and a free agent next year. Stash Pryor on the PS and give him until next season to get acclimated to WR. 3rd rounder on the PS is worth under $200k. Seems worth it for a guy with that size, speed and strength to see if he can convert.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Should Pats sign Terrelle Pryor? : Vince, No one is saying to draft Pryor and cut Wes. But Wes is over 30 and a free agent next year. Stash Pryor on the PS and give him until next season to get acclimated to WR. 3rd rounder on the PS is worth under $200k. Seems worth it for a guy with that size, speed and strength to see if he can convert.
    Posted by rkarp

The Raiders took him that's all you need to know, but I have to correct a couple things on your statement.

You can't just store him on the PS. He has to clear waivers from every team before he can make the PS. Which means you would of had to spent a 2nd on a player you want to play a position he never has and a position he doesn't want to play (did I mention he has a big ego and wants to be a QB) and have him take one of those important 53 man roster spots (who do you want him to replace right now?). Given he is no sure thing as a WR and it's extremely rare that a QB makes the switch to another position you would give up all that?

The reason I said 2nd is because since Oak stunk last year we would have had to bid over them to reeive the pick I believe

Sections
Shortcuts