Should Pats trade for Marcedes Lewis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

Should Pats trade for Marcedes Lewis

Here is a good young TE with upside.  He made the Pro Bowl this year as an alternate.  He is an excellent blocker, but has been stuck on a roster with a rushing QB (D. Gerrard) and MJ Drew at RB.  This kid could be a monster TE, with Brady at QB.

He won the Mackey Award out of UCLA, with 10 TD's his senior year.  He is an unrestricted free agent in 2011.  If the Pats could use a 3rd or 4th rounder, I would pull the trigger.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Re: Should Pats trade for Marcedes Lewis

YA,that will put us over the top.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Why exactly would the Jags trade him for a 3rd or 4th rounder??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Should Pats trade for Marcedes Lewis:
    I think we should trade for Dallas Clark for a 5th rounder instead.Posted by murghkhor

LOL, i could just see coltsbabe sitting in freddy's tavern when the news breaksCry

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

So let's get this straight.  The Jaguars draft Marcedes Lewis in the first round. He emerges as a play maker.  Then, they trade him to the Patriots for a "3rd or 4th rounder".  I guess there must be an NFL rule that states that any team that doesn't give away their good players to the New England Patriots for mid round draft picks will face serious NFL sanctions.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

The Jaguars are in a very bad place financially.  The franchise is border-line moving to LA.  There was even mention that they could end up in London.  Lewis is a free agent in 2011.  They may not be able to renegotiate a contract, in turn, leading them to trade for picks.  Sometimes it's all about economics you ratards!!

The Pats were forced to trade Vrabel and Cassel for a 2nd round pick, to make room for resigning players this year.  Did that make sense?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Vrabel was 33 years old, and Cassel was going to be a backup QB to Brady making $14 million a year.  You compare that to a first round pick tight end who makes $1.5 million a season.  It's not like he's going to get a blockbuster deal next year anyway.  By that logic, they should trade every player on their team with short contracts.

The Jaguars are having trouble in Jacksonville, but that doesn't mean they're going to just give away their good players.  To the contrary, they're trying to become competitive to generate interest and save the franchise.  They just signed Aaron Kampman, and there's talk of them reaching for a guy like Tebow to generate buzz.  Giving away their good players for mid round draft picks is a sure way to kill any chance of the franchise working in Jacksonville.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

He is on a loser team.  He is an unrestricted free agent next year.  Did you ever think Lewis may want to get out of Jagsville, and play for a contender?  If so, we have the picks available to get him.

I'm just tired of the revolving door of useless TEs coming through New England.  It hurts the running game, and the Red-Zone offense.  The Patriots have no red-zone target outside of Randy Moss, just look at Welker's TD numbers.

I would just like to see this happen.