Should the NY Giants consider trading or even releasing Eli Manning following the season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Should the NY Giants consider trading or even releasing Eli Manning following the season?

If I'm them, I get rid of him... even if it means biting the bullet and flat out releasing him.  He's AWFUL.  I'm not even sure the Giants could get anything more than a 4th round pick for him.  He'd be gone by now if it wasn't for that flukey streak they went on a few years back (we won't go there).  Go around the league right now and he's easily a bottom 10 QB which means a guy that should be strongly considered to be replaced.

I know this is a Patriots forum but I've hated this guy ever since he cried about being drafted by San Diego...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Should the NY Giants consider trading or even releasing Eli Manning following the season?

We all know there is a dearth of quality starting quarterbacks in the NFL, but most guys not named Manning (or Favre) who lead the league in interceptions have more to fear from their coaches than Eli. In a perfect world, the Jints would bring Sage Against the Machine off the bench to whomp the Redskins next week and sneak into the playoffs ahead of Tampa . . .    but that won't happen. Eli still has some residual grace left over from his one, inexplicably charmed moment in the Super Bowl.

If New Jersey spits up all over itself against Washington next week, and the brain trust jettisons Coughlin in favor of The Chin, Eli could find himself looking (or at the very least, competing) for a job. But my guess is that the Jints squeak in and everyone survives.

You can't just bench a guy simply because he blows . . .   you've got to have someone who can come in and do better.

And the Jints don't really have that guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Re: Should the NY Giants consider trading or even releasing Eli Manning following the season?

He still threw for 30 TDs this year.  However he turns the ball over at an alarming rate.  Giants wont get rid of him so soon after they gave him his new deal.  They don't want to admit they made a mistake so soon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

So are we going to see a  "let's trade for Eli" thread here on the front burner tonight?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Should the NY Giants consider trading or even releasing Eli Manning following the season?:
    [QUOTE]If I'm them, I get rid of him... even if it means biting the bullet and flat out releasing him.  He's AWFUL.  I'm not even sure the Giants could get anything more than a 4th round pick for him.  He'd be gone by now if it wasn't for that flukey streak they went on a few years back (we won't go there).  Go around the league right now and he's easily a bottom 10 QB which means a guy that should be strongly considered to be replaced. I know this is a Patriots forum but I've hated this guy ever since he cried about being drafted by San Diego...
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

It wasn't a flukey streak.  They beat some good teams on their way to the championship.

It's just that Eli didn't deserve the credit.  He's a turnover machine who's no better at QB than Carson Palmer or Mark Sanchez.  He throws ducks.  He's lucky that he's had one of the NFL's best offensive lines, one of the better RB tandems, a good #1 receiver, a top-10 TE, and a good defense every year he's been in the NFL.  If he didn't have great players making him look good, he'd be known for the bad, duck-throwing, fumbling, bad-decision-making, interception-throwing QB he is.  At least Peyton usually makes smart decisions and usually protects the football.  Put another way, Eli couldn't make it to a conference championship game with Reche Caldwell, Jabbar Gaffney, and Ben Watson.

You don't release a top QB, but if you can get a nice haul of picks and you have a potential replacement in the wings or through free agency, I think there are much better QBs in the league than Eli Manning.  Heck, I'd take Shaun Hill over Eli Manning.

6. This post has been removed.