should the patriots release hernandez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

should the patriots release hernandez

i have to wonder if its time to release the guy, more then one off feild issue, and they are serious ones,yes there was the risk of a big contract,but haveing this distraction on the team, isnt positive, or does it help the team,would it be better for the patriots to part ways with hernandez?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: should the patriots release hernandez

He'd last about an hour before he gets a new job.

Aaron Dobson # 17; Tom Brady's new best friend.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

I'm not sure too many teams outside of the Raiders would be lining up to sign a guy facing a pretty serious investigation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

It depends on what you mean by release.  They shouldn't release him now because it could compromise their ability to recoup bonus money if they release him before he is officially arrested for anything.  Plus there is still the remote possibility (and I mean remote) that this is all being misreported and that AH wasn't really involved.  So I think it makes sense to let it play out.  That being said if this goes the way it is looking now I don't want to see AH suit up for NE again.  I always thought the Ravens were frauds for letting Ray Lewis keep playing so I'll be consistent when it comes to my own team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

What's the rush? Training camp is in July, the season starts in September. If this thing escalates and he's arrested for murder or whatever, and they decide to release him, they'll do it in a way that gives them cap relief. Doing it now serves no good purpose.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

What's the rush? Training camp is in July, the season starts in September. If this thing escalates and he's arrested for murder or whatever, and they decide to release him, they'll do it in a way that gives them cap relief. Doing it now serves no good purpose.

Exactly, it off season. No need to make that call now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Should the Patriots have given up on Welker so easily is probably a better question.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

Should the Patriots have given up on Welker so easily is probably a better question.

Yes, Welker's department was due to Amendola's availability,  not Hernandez.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommChairman. Show CommChairman's posts

I'm pretty sure Goodell will see to it that he won't be on the field anytime soon for anyone who signs him. In fact, cutting him might be due to pressure from Goodell. The best way for the NFL to deal with Hernadez would be to cut him and (informally) blackball him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to CommChairman's comment:

I'm pretty sure Goodell will see to it that he won't be on the field anytime soon for anyone who signs him. In fact, cutting him might be due to pressure from Goodell. The best way for the NFL to deal with Hernadez would be to cut him and (informally) blackball him.

A suspension would be more effective because he could sued if he was blackballed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

It depends on what you mean by release.  They shouldn't release him now because it could compromise their ability to recoup bonus money if they release him before he is officially arrested for anything.  Plus there is still the remote possibility (and I mean remote) that this is all being misreported and that AH wasn't really involved.  So I think it makes sense to let it play out.  That being said if this goes the way it is looking now I don't want to see AH suit up for NE again.  I always thought the Ravens were frauds for letting Ray Lewis keep playing so I'll be consistent when it comes to my own team.

Great post! As sad a situation as this is it's still a business and they need to let this play out to see what the salary cap ramifications will be and perhaps what relief they can expect.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Two or three weeks ago, before any of this happened, I raised a point on another thread that I thought Hernandez was overrated as a player because of the number of drops and fumbles he had.  I was disappointed in his play at the end of 2011 and last year and was starting to question whether the Pats made the right decision locking him up. Not-a-Shot calls his contract "ridiculous" on another thread this morning.  Forgetting all the legal problems, I'm wondering if Hern was really as valuable a player as his contract implied? Did that Pats overvalue him, even if he were clean as a whistle? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

They should wait to see if murder charges are filed. The obstruction of justice issue is also a big one even if he wasn't involved in the murder. 

The sad truth is he is probably done but I'm having a hard time accepting that. 

Losing an illusion makes you wiser than finding the truth.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommChairman. Show CommChairman's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to CommChairman's comment:

Well, I said informally blackballing him. If Goodell has suspended Hernandez, and then the Pats cut him, the other owners merely have to be reminded of the new emphasis on player safety and personal conduct. If Goodell determines that Hernandez behavior is a high-visibility black mark against the Shield - especially with the victim's family demanding justice - it's not likely that other owners are going to slap Roger's face by ignoring his judgment that Hernandez should not be representing the NFL. The league has to send a message to the public that it will not tolerate this type of behavior. From what I have read, Hernandez gets his guaranteed $$$ even if he is cut - there is none of the usual offset in his contract in case of suspension.  

A suspension would be more effective because he could sued if he was blackballed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Why would you cut/release your best option at TE? I don't know what off field issue would preclude AH from playing this season, he hasn't been arrested for anything and even if he is, aren't we all allowed to have due process play out? How would you feel if someone at your work implicated you in something you had no knowledge of? then threatened you with suspension or being fired? Sorry I don't have a horse in the investigation of the deceased guys race,so I'll take the premise of the presumed innocent until proven guilty approach.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

AH's actions are not the actions of an innocent man!   "Remember evenhandedness in the pursuit of scoundrels is not a virtue"....Alan Ableson

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

AH's actions are not the actions of an innocent man!  

What actions?   He has allowed the police into his house w/o a warrent . . . he turned in the cell phone (if he had smashed it and destroyed the security tapes himself then the police would have issues their warrent on obstruction of justice by now . . . that tells me they think someone else did this).  I know things look bad and Hernandez is more than a jerk and bad judge of character but he has not been found guilty of anything YET!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I'm sure they will, just a matter of time....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

First wait until what actually he is charged with, then wait for Goodell's suspension.  Gronk is more important to the Brady arsenal with AH a close 2nd. BB an Co need to plan for neither being available for the start of the season as a precaution.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

AH's actions are not the actions of an innocent man!  

What actions?   He has allowed the police into his house w/o a warrent . . . he turned in the cell phone (if he had smashed it and destroyed the security tapes himself then the police would have issues their warrent on obstruction of justice by now . . . that tells me they think someone else did this).  I know things look bad and Hernandez is more than a jerk and bad judge of character but he has not been found guilty of anything YET!

AND somebodt else hired the cleaning service to come in and clean the house. are you interested in a bridge?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Sorry not impressed with any of the legal giants attending the fray  be it  Fox, ESPN or anyone else......"Reports" and conjecture is all I'm seeing and hearing all week....

The maggots are all looking to scoop one another and FACTS be damned...

Perhaps the prudent thing to do would to be to wait and  see if  Mr. Hernandez is  ACTUALLY charged with anything and  review what those charges might mean  before  ACTUALLY picking over the bones....

Oh and all you warrant experts out there obviously know that  if a warrant has been drawn-up which also still remians unconfirmed  that  it can sit  in in a draw indefinitely...

GO PATS!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

well , i see it happened. what a shame, how can a persons dream come true, by becoming a nfl player, and get  the money  he did, and throw it all away over stupidity? i just dont get it

Sections
Shortcuts