Should the Patriots trade the #22 pick for Brandon Marshall?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAPats. Show LAPats's posts

Re: Should the Patriots trade the #22 pick for Brandon Marshall?

Seatlle has #14 as well, unfortunately.  I agree it's unlikely, but I think B Marshall would be great for us.  Kid's 25 years old!  AbsoLUTELY trade him for our first rounder.  Draft ricky sapp, a RB and and OL guy and I'd be psyched heading into 2010.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

This is intriguing now....He is a head case, but if they can work out a 1 yr - NO Non-sense contract??  Probably won't happen......buuuuuuuut it would be nice to throw Moss / Marshall at the Jets against Revis / Cromartie....??  What a battle - then when Welker is back - pretty sick offense....If Welker is like the Wes we all know & love.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

In Response to Should the Patriots trade the #22 pick for Brandon Marshall?:
    ESPN just reported that Denver has just tendered Brandon Marshall with 1st round designation rather than the highest designation of a 1st and a 3rd in hopes of potetially engineering a trade.  The question is, should the Pats bite on this?
    Posted by angel3781

Yes, and the funny thing is I wouldn't want it done for a second round pick. The reason being is the first round pick is always the pick that has the most risk. Every player drafted is guaranteed money. Well, if they can spend it on a talented young wideout such as Marshall, then it would be money and a pick well spent. The depth is going to be so great this year, and the Pats have plenty of second rounders to scoop yup some young guys.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

look guys, by the way things are going you already have one distraciton in the team - adt.

you don't want a second one at a time when the team is least equipped to handle any distraction, than any time over the last 10 years. there are no coordinators on either side of the ball. there are no vets who could smack the head of primadonnas and headcases. there are no buffers that will keep bb from being pulled away from doing what he does best planning.

besides how can it be so wrong not to want marshall when carrol wants him? wasn't he the same guy who let terry glenn get away with his act? i do remember what happened when bb benched the wr whom everyone thought them was a talent that should not be on the bench.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

If they truly wanted Marshall we could probably work a deal that didn't cost us our first rounder. If they could make the deal for a second rounder I'd do it and judging from  what Bolidin Just went for I'd say a 2nd rounder is fair value.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I really dont see a downside in getting Marshell. If we get him that means that we would have sign him to a 4-5 year deal. So all the contract BS is out of the way , theres nothing left for him to complain about in terms of money. This just makes sense in every way to me. The PATS need big help on O , among many other places. More specifically we need help at the X receiver position and he would be a perfect fit here with Moss playing the flanker. Hes 26(will be 27 in 2 weeks) , in the prime of his career , and hes a top 5 receiver...easy. And hes not just a great receiver , he has a very special skill set that sets him apart from 98% of the other wideouts. Hes one of the VERY FEW guys who can play the short game and long game. Hes one of the very few who can give you 100/1200/10TD's , Im a sports nut and have been watching football for years. Not only have I watched todays game , but I try to watch as much film as I can from games of years ago. Marshell is one of a kind , forget about today , theres not many guys ever who can do what he does. Like I said he can play the short game and give you bubble's , short slants/short crossing patterns , quick outs and comebacks. Normally guys with that skill set cant stretch the field , but he absolutely can. He'll go over the middle on deep crossing patterns , he'll run slugo's , post , and 9 routes all day. Listen I like WW as much as the next guy , but unlike many of you I dont worship the guy. I actually think he handcuffed this O to an extent. Teams were all to happy to GIVE him anything he wanted underneath , seriously teams couldnt get enough of it. They'd double Moss with there best corner and S and let WW run 10 yard combacks/slants all day. Plus WW didnt get into the end zone at all. And theres no way you can get your Tight end involved with your slot rec. running the same routes. Getting Marshell would be a huge upgrade , and a guy who who step right up if/when Moss leaves , maybe as soon as next year. Moss/Marshell/Edelman would be an unbelievable rec. corp , that would immediately take care of our problem with putting points on the board. Moss has been our ONLY real , consistent scoring threat since he got here. I just cant see a downside in getting this guy , IMHO Marshell for our 22 pick is a steal. Look at it this way , if Marshell was in this years draft would he be worth a first round pick , of coarse he is. Most of his beef is with his contract situation and when it comes to that who can blame him. Hes a top 5 guy , whos payed like a 3 option. Someone started a thread last night about him meeting with Seattle (yeah great job every cable network reported the samething yesterday) , but Ive been saying that samething for the last two months. You can check my post if you want. So if were going to make a move we need to do it soon. Also Seattle isnt the only team to want his services as you can imagine. Like I said I heard Seattle months ago , but I also heard the 49ers , Fins' and Lions were seriously considering bringing him in and weighing their options.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I would much rather the Pats go after Antonio Bryant and use their draft picks on the defense and OL. 

Love Marshall, but we need to get better on defense before we work on offense. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

no.  only for a second round pick.   this team has many holes to fill. we cant throw all the money at one guy as much as i think Marshall is unstoppable. 

there are plenty of options out there.  new ones will appear from day to day.  Derrick Mason is todays new possibility.  Coles?  maybe Cotchery gets cut?  Torry Holt?  i think Holt has game left. especially with Brady helping him out. 

Sections
Shortcuts