Should the Patriots try to trade Brian Waters or let him sit out another season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsGnome. Show PatsGnome's posts

Should the Patriots try to trade Brian Waters or let him sit out another season

The Patriots still own Waters rights.  The Patriots can let Brian Waters sit out another season and waste away the end of his career or they can try and trade his rights for another pick in this years draft.

What would you do?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Should the Patriots try to trade Brian Waters or let him sit out another season

Who's gonna give up a pick for a guy who won't play?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Should the Patriots try to trade Brian Waters or let him sit out another season

They will cut him at the end of training camp to regain 2.2 million in cap and salary.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Who's gonna give up a pick for a guy who won't play?

Right, and if he does want to play it is expected to only be for houston or possibly Dallas I think.

...and if they know he will only play for them they have the negotiating power in any deal talks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

They will just cut him. Nobody will give up a pick for a guy that won't play and is 36 years old.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

To be honest...I don't want a guy playing on the OLine who sat out the previous year. Too many things could go horribly wrong that end up injuring your QB. Maybe if he was 26, but at 36, no thanks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I dont expect anything out of him or a trade. Except cap space.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I don't think he counts against the cap because he is on the 'did not report list' (or whatever the correct term is), so they don't get any cap relief. If Dallas or Houston would give up a pick for him, I'd take it, since he's not going to play here anyway.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

I don't think he counts against the cap because he is on the 'did not report list' (or whatever the correct term is), so they don't get any cap relief. If Dallas or Houston would give up a pick for him, I'd take it, since he's not going to play here anyway.

Yeah it'd be nice if we could steal a 5th or 6th rounder from the Cowboys for him. Don't see it happening, but you never know.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Brian who?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

Yeah it'd be nice if we could steal a 5th or 6th rounder from the Cowboys for him. Don't see it happening, but you never know.

I don't see it happening either but, Jerry Jones..........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I agree, Waters does not count against the cap. It appears he will be happy to retire unless he plays in Texas. Wonder if he could return a 3rd or 4th from he Cowboys or Texans? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Sounds like BB kept him so as to keep him from signning with his home state Texans last year-If what sportsbozo said is true about his cap, hit he gets cut this camp.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

keep him, i do not want to see him in houston, dalls fine, but not a AFC threat.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

make him play or sit...no playing games with selfish players who want to manipulate which team they play for.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Brian who?

That is exactly what I wanted to say but you beat me to it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

make him play or sit...no playing games with selfish players who want to manipulate which team they play for.

Exactly, if he does not want to play for the Pats, he doesn't play.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to sheldong's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Brian who?

That is exactly what I wanted to say but you beat me to it.

Hahaha!  I like the guy, thought he played great as a Patriot for that season, really wanted to see him come back.  Didn't like how it ended it.  The Pats went above and beyond trying to make him happy and get him back to the team.  Offered to triple his salary from $1.4 mill base to $4 mill to play last season. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Those that have seen him recently report he is really out of shape

22. This post has been removed.