Should the Pats Keep the Old Uniforms?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Should the Pats Keep the Old Uniforms?

I heard Troy Aikman say he liked the Old Pats uniforms, he said it had a "clean look"  I must say I enjoyed see the Pats with the old logo on the on the helmet.

So, should they stay or go?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Re: Should the Pats Keep the Old Uniforms?

there in no question about it the old uni is 100 times better! the new uni looks like some crap computer graphic from the early 90s

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Personally, I hate all the Pats logos and uniforms.  It's the only thing I don't like about this team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

As much as the old uniforms are great, in reality, they shouldn't be brought back permanantly.  This organization won all 3 SBs with the current uniforms.  Superstitious I guess.

Perhaps they can try putting Pat Patriot on the silver helmet and see what it looks like.

Mesko was screwing with my senses.  Grogan punts?? 
    Craig James got an INT?
    Larry McGrew unretired?

Just too weird.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I liked the old uni and dislike the one we have now.  It doesn't belong with the classics of the league.  But we won 3 SBs with the things so I ain't changin' a thing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

So far it's a keeper!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Should the Pats Keep the Old Uniforms?:

Sorry, just way, way too much pain associated with the old unis for me...too many 2-12 teams; too many flashbacks of Ben Dreith.

Flying Elvis is a winner...me likes winners!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Flying Elvis is a poser.

I have no idea what Aikman might mean by a "clean look," but my allegiance is to Pat Patriot.

That is all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]Flying Elvis is a poser. I have no idea what Aikman might mean by a "clean look," but my allegiance is to Pat Patriot. That is all.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Flying Elvis may be a poser, but Pat Patriot was a loser.

I remember a skit when Pete Axthelm (RIP; a reporter and Dolphin fan, who used to appear on CBS) held up the Pats helmet and said, "Can any team win with a logo like this?"  I never liked Axthelm, but I laughed so hard that day. Pat Patriot is a wonderful logo to have on a beer bottle, but not on the helmet of a serious, professional football team.

When the Parcells/Belichick regime came to town, changing the unis was practically the first thing they did, not (or not only) because of marketing opportunities, but to change the mental culture of losing that so permeated Patriot Nation. Though, of course, this was a blip compared to good ownership, good coaching and good players, it was still a brilliant move. It sent a signal of a new day in New England.

I have no affinity to Flying Elvis as an artistic statement. But Pat Patriot needed to go. May he rest in peace alongside Axthelm.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Coats wore red, we wore blue. I love the jerseys though. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]The Coats wore red, we wore blue. I love the jerseys though. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

damn straight! people see to forget that. I don't mind seeing the throw backs come out once in a while.....afterall since the brady era aren't the pats 4-0 with the throw backs?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I don't my the old uniforms coming back for an occasional throw-back day, but I like the current uniforms so much better. Usually, I'm a traditionalist, but in this case, the new uniforms are more exciting.

Even though the Pats had some success with the old uniforms, they've been an NFL power in the new unis so I say don't go back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]As much as the old uniforms are great, in reality, they shouldn't be brought back permanantly.  This organization won all 3 SBs with the current uniforms.  Superstitious I guess. Perhaps they can try putting Pat Patriot on the silver helmet and see what it looks like. Mesko was screwing with my senses.  Grogan punts??  Craig James got an INT? Larry McGrew unretired? Just too weird.
    Posted by SShoreLurker[/QUOTE]
    I'm a little superstitious as well and wouldn't like the older unis to be back permanantly. They should use them a couple times a year, but that's it. The older unis were great, but the new ones remind me of champions.

I'm one of the few that actually likes the current unis...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I like them, but not on a permanent basis. I would like to see them go to 3rd alternate like hockey.

use the old white helmet with the flying elvis and instead of the red jersey go with a blue one with the white blue and red shoulder stripe

and then i'd like to see pat the patriot on the silver helmet too

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

We lost in Denver with the throwbacks. Last year I think.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I admit that I always liked the old uniforms and when they first went to the flying Elvis I hated it.  But, over time it grew on me.   I guess winning has alot to do with the way one sees it.  I'm OK with wearing the old ones twice a year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

[QUOTE]We lost in Denver with the throwbacks. Last year I think.
    Posted by RANDIBUS81[/QUOTE]

We sure did but that was mainly because the Broncos throwbacks were so dire, how could anyone concentrate on playing football. Gave me all I could do to look at them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from l52094. Show l52094's posts

Yes, and they should make Rod Rust the coach also.  Bring back Schaeffer Stadium too!  I miss the 1-15 seasons.  Off left tackle run for a loss.

Never mind, just kidding.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Should the Pats Keep the Old Uniforms?:
    [QUOTE]I heard Troy Aikman say he liked the Old Pats uniforms, he said it had a "clean look"  I must say I enjoyed see the Pats with the old logo on the on the helmet. So, should they stay or go?
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

Use them onece in a while.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

no way... but for different reason.  i am proud of rhe fact that the pats dont wear white pants.  more blue collar.  silver at home navy on the road.  leave white pants to the pansy-ass colts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

1960- 1992  Red Unis  1 embarrassing  Super Bowl appearance ( lot of good  history with  76-79)  I still have a poster of Grogan...  still my favorite.

1993  to date: albeit not the same flying elvis blue uni, but a switch to home blue

5 Superbowl appearances     3 SB wins   and an 16-0 season  

I say we stay with the blue

PS I still have my #12 red and also a #24   guess who?

the run that cemented the 85 season against Cinn into the playoffs that was so  memorable up untill the SB. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I like blue better than red so I say no!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

As stated before, the old unis bring back too many bad memories. I like the clean, professional look of the new unis, anyway.  Flying Elvis is cool.  Pat Patriot is a bit homoerotic-looking, IMO..."not that there's anything wrong with that."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Bad memories.  They've had all of their success wearing the Flying Elvii

Do I like the old school stuff more?  Yes, but the winning tradition was established in Flying Elvii and I think they should keep it that way

One way or the other, I think they should always wear the same uniforms for the same reason Belichick seems to think so: because it's tough to get into the habit of seeing teammates in new colors if you don't do it on a regular basis and also because two uniforms keeps things simpler

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

I like the ones they wore Sunday, but I like the old AFL uniforms better, with the red socks....they wore them last year a couple games. Those uniforms are sharp!