Should the Pats let BJGE walk & go after Peyton Hillis?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Should the Pats let BJGE walk & go after Peyton Hillis?

I believe Hillis would be the PERFECT pick up for the Pats...A POWER back that can get the short yards needed & pond exhausted D's into submission late in the game to kill the clock & preserve the lead....he's great at catching the ball out of the backfield as well!!

Adding him to the stable of Vereen/Ridley & Woodhead would make the Pats backfield very dangerous & because the Pats are a pass first team it would save a ton of wear & tear on the RB's bodies & legs keeping them fresh for the year & playoffs....THOUGHTS???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel63. Show Joel63's posts

Re: Should the Pats let BJGE walk & go after Peyton Hillis?

No.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

in 2 words Hell No

Hillis has a case of the fumbles. Did you see how BB treated Ridley after just 2 fumbles? Hillis would never survive with BB

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

He tailed off badly this year. Injuries and attitude. No thanks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

He fumbles too much, he isn't very durable, and has an attitude problem. 

Now bringing in MJD would be worth looking into.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

His career year isn't great when he was on a team that basically relied on the run:

2010Cleveland Browns161427011774.44811     

This is benny in the same year:

2010 New England Patriots  16 229 1,008 33 13 

Hillis is the better reciever although that has to be seen as the pats don't throw to benny very often

All in all it would be a mistake, the team needs an all round back we already have backs with different components speed, strength etc. We just need the whole package and i'd back Ridley to be that package!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd like to see what Ridley could do if he was given the carries, I got to think an off season in our system will help him. Of course there is a risk with giving a guy an opportunity (if he falls on his face) if you don't have a back up plan - I'm sure they'll sign someone at a low price.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

This forum is absolutely terrible right. Larry Fitz. , MJD , Colston , Vincent Jackson , Desean Jackson , Foster , Benson , Hillis , Wayne , Wallace etc. Holy chit , is this a Pats or Jets forum. Look Id love to have a few of these guys , but how fukin spoiled and naive do we sound. Now a thread wanting a guy who.QUIT on his team last year. Randy Moss doesn't go balls out on a play 45 yards away from him and there's seven quit threads started by a bunch of uneducated followers. And you want a guy who didn't play because of sore throat. Great thread keep up the great work.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Players like Law Firm are expendable. He is adequate, but nothing special.
    IMO, the Patriots should still focus on other areas like DE, OLB, S, CB, TE, OLineman, and RB.  I think RB has a lower priority because a better blocking TE, Tackle, or guard can help open holes for the running game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

I don't care if law firm leaves. I don't want Hillis.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

You don't need to worry about it. If the money is right and fits in with what NE expects then they will keep him and if not they aren't worried cause they just drafted 2 guys that they must assume can do at least what he does. NE can fill the vacancy with some other decent UDFA type that got overlooked just as was the case when they landed BJGE.

They don't need to go after Hillis.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Hillis had 8 fumbles this past year......BGE has NEVER PUT THE BALL ON THE GROUND HIS ENTIRE CARREER............NO

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Let's let a guy that does not fumble of get hurt alot and GET a player that fumbles ALOT and is VERY injury prone?? I dont know what it is, but it dont make sense to me at all.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

I like BJGE, and hope he stays. Not flashy, but he goes forward 95% of the time. And he never fumbles, something you cannot say about Hillis. The attitude is an issue, as well. If they were to sign a FA RB I'd rather see them look at Tolbert from SD. He's good in short yardage, blocking, and catching out of the backfield. And no attitude at all. I'd be satisfied to see the RB situation stay the same. Ridley looks like he can be a "lead" back if he can hang on to the rock. But whatever happens I don't want to see Hillis here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

I agree with the above posters. BJGE while not flashy is a good, highly dependable back. He doesn't fumble and he's pretty sturdy. He also fights on every play.

From what I've heard about Hillis, his teammates accused him of quitting on them, he's injury prone and he fumbles quite a bit. I don't think he'd be an upgrade.

I like speculating on players, but I really think that RB is one of the least needed positions (assuming that we resign BJGE). We just got 2 new guys last year, 1 of whom was basically redshirted. We also still have Woodhead and Faulk has yet to retire (though it looks probable that he will).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

He would never see the field.

You think B.B. goes from the Back who never fumbled to one who fumbles almost every week!!???

He would not be trusted with the ball.

He is a great Power back, but his ball security s ucks

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

hillis quit on the browns this year.

BB doesn't want a quitter on his team, and neither do i.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

No way. Hillis fumbles left and right and is becoming injury prone..Let's keep BJGE around

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

bjge consistant.  hillis one hit wonder

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

If they let BJGE I rather have Tolbert (Chargers) than Hillis anyday.  Tolbert is a powerhose RB who can is very good in pass protection and can catch.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Re: Should the Pats let BJGE walk & go after Peyton Hillis?:
    [QUOTE]Let's let a guy that does not fumble of get hurt alot and GET a player that fumbles ALOT and is VERY injury prone?? I dont know what it is, but it dont make sense to me at all.
    Posted by PAULICAS1975[/QUOTE]
    Haven't they already made this mistake with the likes of Fragile Fred?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from weloveme2. Show weloveme2's posts

kevin smith maybe

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

hillis quit on the browns? that team stunk, it was horrible. couldnt blame him

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

NO on Hillis. Ok next question.

Sections
Shortcuts