Should the Pats Protest the Game

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Should the Pats Protest the Game

Time to move on.....  Buffalo next!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from madeloni. Show madeloni's posts

The NFL owners are wealthy. They are cheap. They are tarnishing the game. They don't have to change a thing. Everyone is still watching.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from washedashore. Show washedashore's posts

File a protest. When a flagship franchise protests the validity of a call it sends a message to Goodell that the officiating is hurting the game. It won't be overturned, but maybe the owners will step in, Kraft has cred and he will be listened to.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to madeloni's comment:

The NFL owners are wealthy. They are cheap. They are tarnishing the game. They don't have to change a thing. Everyone is still watching.

That's a matter of opinion.

Obviously, the owners are wealthy, but cheap? There are many who are saying the refs are asking too much. Would you overpay for a service just because you can?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hd55. Show hd55's posts

Yes, just for the record.  34 penalties?! Really!  When was the last game where there were that many penalties.  The replacement refs are doing what they were hired to do I suppose - be bodies on the field.  However, they clearly are not qualified.  Games are getting out of hand, bad calls, no reviews, no nothing....it truly is an embarssment and disturbing.  Teams (not Pats I'm talking about now) are ready to go at it at the kickoff....downright laughable.....and ultimately sad and a sad testament to the game...for ALL teams.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrownAle. Show BrownAle's posts

No protest.  This is a balls and strikes issue.  I thought it missed, but all I had was the useless TV angel.  It was close enough that the refs call must be accepted.  In any case, the Ravens deserved the win becasue they played better than the Pats down the stretch.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from my10sense2. Show my10sense2's posts

Yes they are viewed as the scourge by many, apparently including the replacement refs, who are really just fans when it comes to NFL football.  Good chance to put them in their place though, isn't it?

In response to PTERODACTYL's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You've got to be kidding with this protest nonsense.  They lost - get over it already.  Pats fans continue to come up w/ excuses every time they lose.  Truly pathetic.  No wonder they are the scurge of the NFL outside of NE.  

Yes, the officiating has been troublesome.  But in many other games the issues have been a lot more clear-cut wrong than a judgement field goal.  As stated, the play can't be reviewed.  Even if it could, there are no magical camera angles to definitively prove one or other if it was good or not.  I'll bet every single team can point to a play or game questionably called and claim to have 1 or 2 more victories than they have now.  Stop embarassing yourselves and move on.

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MR0819. Show MR0819's posts

The NFL owners should fire Goodell for making a mockery of officiating this season.

He has not been good for the NFL. He has a dictatorial attitude and not a cooperative one. Starting with the punishment for spygate. I think BB should have challenged it in court like the bountygate accused did.

I think BB should stick it to him now and protest this game. Of course he will need Kraft to be in his corner.

We need a commish who will ensure cooperation with all involved that make this a great game.

Sections
Shortcuts