Should the Pats trade a pick for Deion Branch?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Should the Pats trade a pick for Deion Branch?

Patriots trade a pick in next year's draft for Deion Branch. He is the fourth receiver on the Hawks depth chart. He could step right in and be an upgrade over Galloway. With Moss, Welker, Branch, Edelmen, and Tate as the fifth in a few weeks, we might start seeing 6 instead of 3.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: The Possible Trade that Makes the Most Sense...

It makes sense, but Branch makes 6 mill a year (I think). Belichick would want him to restructure his contract and since he left for big money, he won't do it. 

Keep holding out for Tate. He is the last hope. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

ridiculous. Love branch but he is done. He has already said that he would never get back to where he was. While galloway is overrated and has been frustrating he is still fast and can stretch the defense. He is better than branch at this point in his career. 

Earlier this year I shared your feelings about branch but galloway is more beneficial to our offense even though brady could still probably throw to branch with his eyes closed. 

If there is any trading for a receiver it will be for Ocho Cinco Brady and Belichick have already been wooing him anyway. 

I wouldnt be holding out for tate either. He is more of the replacement for hobbs on special teams since he was a record scoring kickoff/punt returner in NC. He is a wideout who certainly has a lot to learn . We will not see him as a receiver anytime soon , if ever. 

If galloway continues to struggle I would expect to see more of aiken, perhaps slater but I would hope for nunn. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to Re: The Possible Trade that Makes the Most Sense...:
    If there is any trading for a receiver it will be for Ocho Cinco Brady and Belichick have already been wooing him anyway. 
    Posted by steve1581

Why would Cincy trade him now? They think that they can be a playoff team this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

I didnt say they would trade him now

but you can surely expect the possible trade/aquisition in the next couple years

Bill and Brady have been wooing him, and Im sure other receivers, as they prepare for the loss of randy

my big point though is that besides the salary implications Deion Branch is a number 4 for a reason. Physically he just doesnt have it anymore and because of that seeing him in N.E is about as likely as Willie Mcginest

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

i'd rather have Nunn and Tate than Branch.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Branch was good, but has anyone noticed how the few good receivers we did draft that went elsewhere have all been injured so much?  How many games has Branch even played in with the Seahawks?

The Pats are one of the most injury prone teams in the NFL year after year after year.  Let's not try to break an NFL injury record bringing back yet another injury prone player.  Playing with these guys is a big gamble.  Sure they are good when healthy, but they are seldom healthy.  Even the best players can't tackle and can't catch a pass from the sideline.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

In Response to Re: The Possible Trade that Makes the Most Sense... : you act like Chad Ocho I Stinko is a kid.  He's not.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Well Im sorry if you interpreted my comments that way. He is not young, I agree but he is younger than Randy. It is no secret that belichick thinks very highly of OCHO CINCO. A trade is not possible this year but would it surprise me in the off season

not in the slightest 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Achainsaw. Show Achainsaw's posts

Pats went into 3 superbowls (and won them) with receivers which were not exactly household names. They have 2 fantastic receivers, one washed up one, one developing one, one recovering from an injury, and one on the practice squad who may get a chance. They are in excellent position when Welker gets back. Probably the best passing attack in the league. What the he!! are you talking about?

What's with the NEW YORK YANKEES mentatlity of fans plugging holes with has beens(Branch) and big names(Ochobozo)now?

Does anyone remember who the starting CB's were against Philly in the superbowl? Randall Gay was one of them, hardly a superstar. Need I go on? There are a lot of "no names" wearing rings that thrived under a system.

Pats were more fun to watch with young hard working guys with attitude that beat better teams with their grit than they have been the last couple of years with finesse. BB may realize that, based on his retooling the defense this year. He's putting bandaids on the Offense this year, expect big changes on the O-line next year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

TO may want out of Buffalo. He'd fall in line with BB's rules the help of Brady and Moss. Yes, he makes 10 mil this year but he'd add some energy and take some heat off Moss. And if Welker really has long term knee issues then the Pat's need a TO type.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"And if Welker really has long term knee issues then the Pat's need a TO type."

What? The Pats need a worthless blabbermouth? How about Glenn Beck?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

T.O. is in a bit better shape than Glenn... tbh I wouldn't want T.O. or Ocho on this team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

should have kept Greg Lewis of the Favre catch against san fran....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

" And if Welker really has long term knee issues then the Pat's need a TO type." What? The Pats need a worthless blabbermouth? How about Glenn Beck?
    Posted by Yapple

Glenn Beck or the president

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

ridiculous. Love branch but he is done. He has already said that he would never get back to where he was. While galloway is overrated and has been frustrating he is still fast and can stretch the defense. He is better than branch at this point in his career.  Earlier this year I shared your feelings about branch but galloway is more beneficial to our offense even though brady could still probably throw to branch with his eyes closed.  If there is any trading for a receiver it will be for Ocho Cinco Brady and Belichick have already been wooing him anyway.  I wouldnt be holding out for tate either. He is more of the replacement for hobbs on special teams since he was a record scoring kickoff/punt returner in NC. He is a wideout who certainly has a lot to learn . We will not see him as a receiver anytime soon , if ever.  If galloway continues to struggle I would expect to see more of aiken, perhaps slater but I would hope for nunn. 
    Posted by steve1581

While Tate could certainly help as a returner, I guarantee that the Pats didn't draft him in the 3rd round, coming off a major knee injury, to be a career returner.  In fact, many scouts had him pegged as a possible 1st rounder before his injury.  He has big potential on offense, and reports were that he is more polished than a lot of college receivers coming in (including Chad Jackson).  He might be contribute a little bit on offense immediately when he is activated.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Being more polished than Chad Jackson doesnt really say much

I agree he has wr potential but it takes a while to adapt to the nfl as a receiver so I dont think we'd see him in that role anytime soon. At barely 6ft I think he is a little short so it will be interesting to see what they do with him considering we have edelman and welker. 

I do sort of agree with you though. I dont think the pats would use a 3rd round on a guy who would soley be a punt/kick returner

I just think it will be hard for him to crack the lineup but it will be a while before we see what he is really made of. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from trpeake2. Show trpeake2's posts

Why trade?  Why not bring Marvin Harrison or Terry Glenn for that matter in off the street for a workout?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatman. Show fatman's posts

crabtree

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]i'd rather have Nunn and Tate than Branch.
    Posted by mjxg[/QUO
                                                    I AGREE

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

II'll taken Response to Re: The Possible Trade that Makes the Most Sense...:
    In Response to Re: The Possible Trade that Makes the Most Sense... : Glenn Beck or the president
    Posted by steve1581

I'll take anyone over the president.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Re: Should the Pats trade a pick for Deion Branch?

In Response to Should the Pats trade a pick for Deion Branch?:
    Patriots trade a pick in next year's draft for Deion Branch. He is the fourth receiver on the Hawks depth chart. He could step right in and be an upgrade over Galloway. With Moss, Welker, Branch, Edelmen, and Tate as the fifth in a few weeks, we might start seeing 6 instead of 3.
    Posted by Caesar1177

Let Ms Branch go! She wanted out, adn she got her wish. She's getting big $$'s for being #4. Why's that? How did she drop sooo low on Seattle's, SEATTLE'S, depth chart? There's a reason.

Let her go!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

II'll taken Response to Re: The Possible Trade that Makes the Most Sense... : I'll take anyone over the president.
    Posted by sonieboy

lol

I COMPLETELY AGREE

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

TO may want out of Buffalo. He'd fall in line with BB's rules the help of Brady and Moss. Yes, he makes 10 mil this year but he'd add some energy and take some heat off Moss. And if Welker really has long term knee issues then the Pat's need a TO type.
    Posted by jimdaytona

Having TO on your team is worse than a clap epidemic in a sorority house! It's not a question of "if", but "when". She's got a history of tossing his All pro QB under the bus. There's already enough drama in NE now.

I'm waiting for TO to break out the weight bench in, oh, let's say, late October, inviting the media by for sound bites.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

II'll taken Response to Re: The Possible Trade that Makes the Most Sense... : I'll take anyone over the president.
    Posted by sonieboy

Ah, how soon they forget. Wasn't this the same feeling that got us stuck with The Great Amateur, Obamarama?  Enjoying the Hope and Change? I guess Admiral Teddy was right when he uttered these prophetic words: "It's more important that people have the right to vote, rather than knowing what they are voting for!" I'll bet even he couldn't imagining how this thought worked out.

Like Grandpa always said: Boy, be careful for what you wish for. You MIGHT just get it.

Sections
Shortcuts