Should the Pats trade a pick for Deion Branch?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

Re: Should the Pats trade a pick for Deion Branch?

It never fails to suprise me to see race (disguised as politics) on a sports forum.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crlsnjnn. Show crlsnjnn's posts

Re: The Possible Trade that Makes the Most Sense...

In Response to Re: The Possible Trade that Makes the Most Sense...:
    TO may want out of Buffalo. He'd fall in line with BB's rules the help of Brady and Moss. Yes, he makes 10 mil this year but he'd add some energy and take some heat off Moss. And if Welker really has long term knee issues then the Pat's need a TO type.
    Posted by jimdaytona

I had to read this twice to make sure I understood.  I thought it was a joke.  Why would you think TO would fall in line with BB's rules.  Rodney Harrison correctly pointed out that TO is a clown who is more concerned with his own personal stats than with his team.  He apparently thinks that the team should tailor their entire offense around him.  I have no delusions that this would change if he came to the Pats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

From Reiss:

"One other thought: If I were a Patriots decision-maker, I'd inquire about the possibility of trading for Deion Branch in the weeks leading up to the Oct. 20 trading deadline. Not sure the Seahawks would do it, but for a quarterback seeking more comfort with his receivers, it makes sense to me that the Patriots would at least explore the possibility with one of Brady's old go-to guys. "

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

The Pats are 2-1. Perhaps the running game will take off with Taylor and falk. 
    That will give the Pats some more time for the WRs to get on the same page with Brady? I wouldn't be surprised to see Nunn given a tiny opportunity based soley on a thumbs up from Brady. We don't see what's going on during the week in practice. I think some important things get established there- work ethic etc.
    Has Tate even been practicing with the team? As for Branch, he did have a leg injury and he himself said things will not be the same after that. 
    I bet he'd love to catch balls from Brady. I can't see him on the Hawks roster after this year. Not at 6 million and being the fourth WR. Long shot but maybe next year? I used to think the same thing regarding Ty Law coming back but Belichick  moves forward and rarely looks back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MudCityManglers. Show MudCityManglers's posts

Nope, your all wrong! BB needs to go to Canada and find a receiver from up there aye!  A receiver that can run really really fast and even catch the ball when it hits him in the hands (Joey Galloway pay attention!)  Canada is really big and there has to be at least one guy up there besides Doug Floutie that can play football.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gregg591. Show gregg591's posts

In Response to Re: Should the Pats trade a pick for Deion Branch?:
    It never fails to suprise me to see race (disguised as politics) on a sports forum.
    Posted by achie

Achie....Wow!...Disagree with the president and you're a racist. Why let the facts get in the way of a good character smear huh?
      Let's see, If I am against socialized medicine, the cap and trade fiasco, gov. control of Autos, banking, 42 czars (some with admitted communist backgrounds and attitudes) programs to redistribute wealth by over taxing anyone who's worked hard and made it...not to mention unbridled printing and spending of money, and the next program to give all illegal immigrants (migrants) citizenship...yeah..I get it, how could anyone not embrace that Europeanization of America...we (white America) elected him. but disagree with clear anti constitutional disdain for all that this country is and.....you are a racist........well achie...you, are stupid!...and blinded by ideology...I gotta get outta this state

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: The Possible Trade that Makes the Most Sense... : Why would Cincy trade him now? They think that they can be a playoff team this year.
    Posted by Caesar1177

I'd love to see Ochocinco on the Pats, but it's not feasible.  I think Aiken will get chances to show what he can do (although early results aren't good).  I also think Nunn and Tate should each get cracks at it.

And I think the Bengals are a playoff team.  Adding Rey Maualuga and Roy Williams to their defense made them infinitely more physical.  Their offense is still talented.  And I want what Antwan Odom is taking.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Prior to Tate's injury, he was much higher regarded than Nicks (Giants 1st rd pick) as a reciever.

ridiculous. Love branch but he is done. He has already said that he would never get back to where he was. While galloway is overrated and has been frustrating he is still fast and can stretch the defense. He is better than branch at this point in his career.  Earlier this year I shared your feelings about branch but galloway is more beneficial to our offense even though brady could still probably throw to branch with his eyes closed.  If there is any trading for a receiver it will be for Ocho Cinco Brady and Belichick have already been wooing him anyway.  I wouldnt be holding out for tate either. He is more of the replacement for hobbs on special teams since he was a record scoring kickoff/punt returner in NC. He is a wideout who certainly has a lot to learn . We will not see him as a receiver anytime soon , if ever.  If galloway continues to struggle I would expect to see more of aiken, perhaps slater but I would hope for nunn. 
    Posted by steve1581

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Almost everybody is worth something.  Branch, with his knowlege of the Patriots' system, is worth at least $1m/yr.  This might possibly happen if he gets tossed out of the NFL on his ear as a salary cap casualty.  He's not worth $6m, much less any draft choice on top of the $6m.

P.S. let's see if Brandon Tate can learn the routes and can hold on to the ball in week 7.  He should be first round fast.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-LITE. Show K-LITE's posts

Brady needs to et more accurate and the WR need to know the plays better. The PATS don't need Branch. Besides , Branch is always hurt! Forget it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from randystabile. Show randystabile's posts

Branch is ALWAYS hurt - he is not the answer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Hand the ref the ball and don't River dance.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In Response to Re: The Possible Trade that Makes the Most Sense... : Glenn Beck or the president
    Posted by steve1581

Herr Beck is both incredibly ignorant and a racist. Neither this country nor the NE Patriots need anyone of that ilk.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from weeandthewads. Show weeandthewads's posts

The word out of Seattle is that they are considering cutting Branch as soon as he is healthy. If it wasn't for the injury he suffered at the end of training camp he would already be on the street. Seattle is paying a lot of money for a player that is the 4th or fifth receiver and don't see the value. Why would the Patriots want to take on that contract via a trade. If Seattle does cut him I would consider trying to sign him after he clears waivers. You have to remember he left here on very bad terms. There still maybe bad blood in the way he forced the trade. I would agree he would be an upgrade over the way Galloway has played. In fact I would cut Galloway to make room for him. Aiken had a shot but screwed up on the end zone play.

They need a third receiver and they don't have anyone on the team that is stepping up. I don't see Tate stepping on the field this season. They proceed slowly and IR him after week 6. Maybe activate Nunn off the practice squad? He had a great training camp.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickelbean. Show nickelbean's posts

TO may want out of Buffalo. He'd fall in line with BB's rules the help of Brady and Moss. Yes, he makes 10 mil this year but he'd add some energy and take some heat off Moss. And if Welker really has long term knee issues then the Pat's need a TO type.
    Posted by jimdaytona

are you kidding me?  the patriots would never trade for TO.  BB doesnt want a cry baby 30 some year old reciever who makes 10 mill a year who wouldnt even help that much.  i think that they are closer to trading for peyton manning then for TO.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: The Possible Trade that Makes the Most Sense... : Glenn Beck or the president
    Posted by steve1581

Hey you two, NO POLITICS!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Branch crossed my mind after the Jets loss.  But thinking the better of it, and reading some well-put comments here, I just don't see it.  And I will never forget the way he left - low class all the way, from a reputedly high-glass kind of guy.  I doubt BB has forgotten.

He got his money, but he could have had two or three more rings.  Has any receiver gotten five rings? I would regret that decision. How about you?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

coulda woulda shoulda. thats all there is to this post. PATS haven't gotten  any rings since branch left. Not Even with Moss

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

who knows at this point.  The only thing we can say about this is Deion is familar with the system and of course has a nice resume with the Pats.  But I doubt if he is even on their radar right now. 

Sections
Shortcuts