Should Tom Brady be NFL MVP this year??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from abe711. Show abe711's posts

Should Tom Brady be NFL MVP this year??

With what he had to do to outscore teams to recoup what the defense has let up at the beginning of the season. The way he just simply carries this team and spreads the ball out . I believe he is more valuable than any other QB on any other team. Opinions??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jumpshotking13. Show jumpshotking13's posts

Re: Should Tom Brady be NFL MVP this year??

no. drew brees is far more important to the success of the saints than brady to the patriots.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Frankly, they need to go back and do a complete reset on the MVP.  There is a difference between "best player" and "most valuable to his team".  The MVP award should be named BQB (Best Quarterback), because that is what it has mostly become.  It mostly goes to QB's, and when it doesn't it is usally a RB.

I also think there should be two MVP's in the SB, one on O and one on D.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

MVP = most valuable player IN THE LEAGUE

Tom F***ing Brady

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I think it is Brees.  Flynn stepped in for Rogers and the Pack had their best game all season.  Brady would have been MVP in a normal year, but Brees had a paranormal season.

I would rather Brees be MVP and Brady win another ring and tie Montana for GOAT, with time to win one more for sole claim of GOAT.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

To argue the point using the media as a guide then Brady is the clear cut winner.

He played with the "worst defense in NFL history".....lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

By stats...Packers played with the "worst defense in NFL history"

And Aaron Rodgers should win. He was the most consistent QB of the regular season. Matt Flynn game should not detract from what he did.

Packers probably would not have gone 14-1 with Flynn...and I think Rodgers beating Brees in the regular season gives him any tie breaker with Brees.

and yes, MVP is an extremely flawed award in that it goes to the best player, not the most valuable...it is pretty much another offensive player of the year award.

If the award goes by value to the team, then you'd have to give Tebow some votes too. 

Im with Woody, let someone else win the MVP, rings are the goal...Montana isnt considered one of the greatest because he won two MVPs

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

yeah, MVP isn't most valuable for their team, it's for the league.  I think Brees might be above Rodgers...but then again, if it wasn't for him; the Giants would have won 39-0.  The guy was doing everything but catching his own passes.

Tough call...but it's really tough to say a great QB like Rodgers with 15-1 record was worse than a 13-3 record by Drew Brees.

If MVP was rated for their team...yeah, Brady gets it hands down.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

Brees or the Gronk...since they re write NFL record books

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriot-fan-74. Show patriot-fan-74's posts

For months now all we have heard is Rodgers is MVP. Then, Brees went on his passing binge overtaking Marino's record. Well, Brady also overtook the Marino record  and he is in the Super Bowl not either of them so I do think it is fair to name Brady the MVP. I don't think he will get it since the voting was made before the playoffs so Rodgers will probably get it. Really, the voting should be done after the playoffs not before. I guess I am just rambling here but I do think with Brady's season speaks for itself so if I had a vote BRADY is MVP!!!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

do they announce the nfl mvp before or after the SB?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

They announce the award before the SB.....I think. It sbould be after the SB. If the Pats win and TB has  areally solid game, TB should be the MVP

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In Response to Re: Should Tom Brady be NFL MVP this year??:
    For months now all we have heard is Rodgers is MVP. Then, Brees went on his passing binge overtaking Marino's record. Well, Brady also overtook the Marino record  and he is in the Super Bowl not either of them so I do think it is fair to name Brady the MVP. I don't think he will get it since the voting was made before the playoffs so Rodgers will probably get it. Really, the voting should be done after the playoffs not before. I guess I am just rambling here but I do think with Brady's season speaks for itself so if I had a vote BRADY is MVP!!!!!!!!
    Posted by patriot-fan-74

It's a regular Season Award...if they did it by how you want it, they should take Brady's MVP away from last season and give it to Rodgers

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

It should be either Rodgers or Brees.  Both of them had a better regular season than Brady this year. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

It's a regular season award.  The votes were tallied before the playoffs so nothing that happens in the playoffs will matter. 

You could make the case every year that the players that win the SB are more deserving of the MVP award than anyone else.  Brady got the MVP last year, he deserved it for the regular season, Rodgers deserves it this season.

But that's why it's meaningless, winning in the post season is the most important thing.

It's an award created and awarded by the press, the NFL has nothing to do with it.  It does not mean "Most valuable to the team."  There is no definition but generally accepted to mean the best player in the league on a given year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Should Tom Brady be NFL MVP this year??:

Agree that it has turned into MVQB and that it shouldn't be that way.

By the Flynn logic, Brady might not be that valuable either since Cassel went 11-5, which I don't believe, I just believe it is bad logic. 

Rodgers TD to INT ratio was by far the best.  I think a solid argument can be made for Brady, Brees or Rodgers but it is going to go to Rodgers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

It is a regular season award.  By that logic it should go to Rodgers.  45 TDs (most total TDs if you count rushing TDs) to only 6 picks and an absurd 9.9 yards per attempt.

Sections
Shortcuts