Should we bail on Moss?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Re: Should we bail on Moss?

In Response to Should we bail on Moss?:
    [QUOTE]Lot of young kid's on this team. bad attitudes can be catchy. I got kinda sick of watching the deep ball last year only to see the defender go up and get it while Moss just waived at it. I'm hoping we go back to the shorter game and use the nice group of TE we now have. Should we move Moss, get something albeit not much, and give a guy like Jenkins a shot and get Moss outta here before his yapping becomes a locker room issue that will kill a young team?
    Posted by 183CLV[/QUOTE]

In a word, NO

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hess--Jets. Show Hess--Jets's posts

Sounds like Moss has already bailed on the pats!

He won't block and gives less and less effort every year.With Revis back he's a non factor anyway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

NO NO NO. And Hess, your Team will have a hard time covering all the weapons we have anyway. Randy will be the least of the Jets worry's. I would start worrying about that none scoring offense you have!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE].... Should we move Moss, get something albeit not much, and give a guy like Jenkins a shot and get Moss outta here before his yapping becomes a locker room issue that will kill a young team?
    Posted by 183CLV[/QUOTE]

Great idea, replace Randy Moss with Darnell Jenkins.  It's surprising you're not working in pro personnel somewhere.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In Response to Re: Should we bail on Moss?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Should we bail on Moss? : Great idea, replace Randy Moss with Darnell Jenkins.  It's surprising you're not working in pro personnel somewhere.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

Ain't about talent for talent, it's about heart and desire and not allowing the locker room to be lost as it was last year, Brady even said as much.

Parcells said once he didn't care how good you were but how good you are and do you play into the system. I believe the Pats believe that as well.

I'm not interested in Moss if he quits AGAIN as against Tenn and allows his ego to destroy locker room chemistry. His "talent" aint worth the damage he can cause.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hess--Jets. Show Hess--Jets's posts

Hey the guy with the annoying John Stuart Mill quote.You mentioned that the pats have many weapons on their Offense??/You're talking about the NE patriots that play in Gillette Stadium right?!

If so your Wrers resemble another teams practice squad and your Oline was weak at best with Mankins.Without him my suggestion to all pats fans is to start praying for Tom Brady's health.

Does it really matter what kind of Offense the Jets have when they have the best Defense in the NFL?

Seriously I could be the Jets QB annd still end up winning but we have Sanchez and did you guys happen to watch him during the playoffs or did you throw your TV's out the window after the whoopin that the Ravens put on the pats in the 1st round?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Absolutely. Why not trade arguably the most productive reciever in the NFL the last 3 years when he has to produce or he won't get his last big payday from anyone. Makes sense to me. It's also funny you said he quit in his best game of the year against Tenn :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'm with the OP on this deal.  Moss has been under performing his TALENT level, the effort doesn't make me super happy, and can not or will not elevate at all any more.  I'm a bit tired of it.  NOW he pulls this.  He knows better.  If Logan Mankins doesn't get a pass for calling out management, neither does Moss.  Tell him to shut up and play.  If he won't do either, send him to Minnesota for whatever.  We are apparently moving on, anyway.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Hey the guy with the annoying John Stuart Mill quote.You mentioned that the pats have many weapons on their Offense??/You're talking about the NE patriots that play in Gillette Stadium right?! If so your Wrers resemble another teams practice squad and your Oline was weak at best with Mankins.Without him my suggestion to all pats fans is to start praying for Tom Brady's health. Does it really matter what kind of Offense the Jets have when they have the best Defense in the NFL? Seriously I could be the Jets QB annd still end up winning but we have Sanchez and did you guys happen to watch him during the playoffs or did you throw your TV's out the window after the whoopin that the Ravens put on the pats in the 1st round?
    Posted by Hess--Jets[/QUOTE]

Shut up, toad.  You don't know anything, so stop trying to tell other people anything.  You will be gone as soon as your team starts failing, which should be real soon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I definitely understand your concern about ruining the locker room, something Belichick has gone to great lengths to prevent this year.

And I think Tom Brady agrees with you as well and that's why they were spotted having dinner last night. I'm sure Brady heard about the remarks and took Randy aside to get him to chill out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Sorry meant Carolina, just read that Al may be headed back to Tenn.

Again, what Moss did is great but it's past tense. If he shuts up fine but I'm thinking he is going to be an issue by seasons end

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hess--Jets. Show Hess--Jets's posts

Hey Dave- How are ya my horribly accented neighbor from the North?

If you don't like what I'm posting then just simply use the "Ignore "feature offered to ALL users of the BDC sports forum.

It's a wonderful feature that I use on a daily basis.You wouldn't believe some of the things that people write in here.
    Can you believe that some people actually "name call" in here. I find it both infantile and yet cowardly at the same time.

What do you think?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

dont bail on moss. Your idiot boston fans are always so eager to give talent away

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

This locker room stuff is overblown.  Everybody has a contract, there's always going to be talk in every locker room about that stuff.  Do you really think Moss saying something to the press about his contract has any affect on the effort put out by his teammates, by Welker or Brady or Mayo or anybody else?  He has no choice but to bust his tail and be a good teammate this year or he risks his next contract.

This is what he said:

"When you have done so much and put so much work in, it kind of feels like I am not wanted. I am taking that in stride and playing my final year out and whatever the future holds is what it holds, but it is kind of a bad feeling -- feeling not wanted. It is not like my production has gone down. I am speaking from an individual standpoint. I don't know about Tom [Brady's] or whoever else's contract. I am a little older and understand the nature of the business -- the older you get the more your skills supposedly diminish, but I think I am getting wiser in how to use my physical skills. That's the frustrating part when you put so much heart and desire into things and feel like you are not wanted."

Contrast that to Mankins who called Kraft a liar as I recall, and I'd hardly compare the two.  I'll take my chances with one of the most productive receivers in history over Darnell Jenkins, who I'm sure is a nice guy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It doesn't make any sense for Moss to dog it this year. I agree with tompenny. Moss has one more big contract in him, and even though he knows the Pats aren't likely to be the highest bidder for his services next year, if he doesn't produce this season, that next payday is in jeopardy. Randy has his pride, but he also knows how his bread gets buttered. In his own words, "Straight cash, homie!"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

If he gets a "Get Paid" tattoo this season (see ASSante Samuel), we're in deep sh!t

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

[QUOTE]Lot of young kid's on this team. bad attitudes can be catchy. I got kinda sick of watching the deep ball last year only to see the defender go up and get it while Moss just waived at it. I'm hoping we go back to the shorter game and use the nice group of TE we now have. Should we move Moss, get something albeit not much, and give a guy like Jenkins a shot and get Moss outta here before his yapping becomes a locker room issue that will kill a young team?
    Posted by 183CLV[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thats a great idea.  Then to go along with no defense, we can have no deep pass threat.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I understand what you guys are saying and your on solid ground. But look at last year, was Moss at his best? No. Did he quit in several games? I would say yes no question. Did he get beat on many long throws where he never fought for the ball and allowed the defender to take the ball away? I would say yes.

And this year it's been twice now he's run his mouth and the season hasn't even started.

The time to worry about a kichen fire is when it's still confined to the pan and not when the whole house goes up.

I think it's a very fair question and concern as to what Moss brings to the table this year not only in performance but in his ability (or lack thereof) to not allow his personal situation to hurt the team.

I hope at seasons end I have to eat crow as he had a great year. But I'm looking at him with a squinted eye and I'm wondering....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Should we bail on Moss? : Yeah, thats a great idea.  Then to go along with no defense, we can have no deep pass threat.
    Posted by patrick69[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh...we lacked a STEADY deep threat all last year.

Riddle me this

How many deep balls to Moss turned into Brady INTs due to Moss waiving at the ball?

It happened.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should we bail on Moss? : Ahhhh...we lacked a STEADY deep threat all last year. Riddle me this How many deep balls to Moss turned into Brady INTs due to Moss waiving at the ball? It happened.
    Posted by 183CLV[/QUOTE]

Riddle me this. How many times did Brady miss Moss for TD's last year? It's more than the INT's Moss caused guaranteed. It goes both ways. Moss should have had 15+ TD's last year. Bottom line is there is no point in moving Moss for 25 cents on the dollar when his in a contract year in which he has to produce to ever get another payday.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Uh no

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from msniii. Show msniii's posts

no way!! once brady is signed then they will work on signing moss. i don't care how many "young" guys we have at that position, because none of them are #81

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should we bail on Moss? : Ain't about talent for talent, it's about heart and desire and not allowing the locker room to be lost as it was last year, Brady even said as much. Parcells said once he didn't care how good you were but how good you are and do you play into the system. I believe the Pats believe that as well. I'm not interested in Moss if he quits AGAIN as against Tenn and allows his ego to destroy locker room chemistry. His "talent" aint worth the damage he can cause.
    Posted by 183CLV[/QUOTE]

Moss has been nothing but excellent in the locker room according to all reports. And if he plays pissed off--and to his maximum--potential, than I hope he gets the best contract he can get, whether with the Pats (I hope) or anyone else.

Guy has been straight up money, homie!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

PAY THE MAN

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

[QUOTE]Sounds like Moss has already bailed on the pats! He won't block and gives less and less effort every year.With Revis back he's a non factor anyway.
    Posted by Hess--Jets[/QUOTE]
    Revis played last year and the Jets were barely a .500 team.....especially if the last 2 teams did not hand then 2 victories.

Sections
Shortcuts