Show me rookie WRs who are awesome after 10 days please

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: Show me rookie WRs who are awesome after 10 days please

In response to wozzy's comment:

BTW Kenbrell Thompkins has more catches, yards and yards per catch than Darius Heyward Bey does this season.

He does Wozzy but in fairness he has far fewer targets as well.

I'm just not convinced he can be considered much less of a jag than Jenkins, looking only at stats anyways.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Section136's comment:

Google longest super bowl droughts.....it's no wonder that other team's fans think we are obnoxious, spoiled and self entitled. I used to take pride in the fact that New England fans were the most rational, well informed fans in the country...now, not so much!

Good post.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

He does Wozzy but in fairness he has far fewer targets as well.

I'm just not convinced he can be considered much less of a jag than Jenkins, looking only at stats anyways.

We're also paying Thompkins undrafted free agent money and he has the possibility of getting better, along with the rest of the rookies, Bey not so much... he is what he is.  Really fast, inconsistant hands.

Can you imagine how these negative nancy fans would be screaming if Bey had been brought in and was dropping easy passes downfield... the same guys clamoring for him now would be knocking BB for being a bad GM.  

This is also assuming he could pick up this offense, which is not a given considering better receivers (Galloway, Chad Johnson) than he couldn't.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

Sanders: Offered him a deal. The steelers matched. Before everyone jumps at the chance to say the Patriots have so much cap blah blah, they could have offered 1 mil more. Let me point out that if the steelers wanted him they could have done a number of things with existing contracts to still match the higher tender. PatsEng goes on and on about that very thing all the time.

Pit at the time was straped for cash and needed to make moves just to match the offer. You had plenty of cap and obviously wanted the player. You do what it takes to get him in here. BTW you say that Pit could have done more to keep him is just as much of a guess that the Pats would have gotten him for $1mil more but the chances were they'd have a better shot if they offered $1mil more than what they actually offered. Everybody said they low balled the Sanders offer to try to guess the breaking point of the Steelers. They made a play for the deal not for the player. BTW, how much has all the extra cap space helped us so far this year?

The fact that you would argue this point is priceless to me.

You live and die by the "you can do any multitude of roster/contract manipulations to made money available" speeches on here.

You are being so disingenuous arguing both sides. Frankly that is not like you.

[/QUOTE]

He started with his trollish behavior when BB walked from Welkie. He and TFB12 have gone off the deep end and still haven;t gotten over it.

Quite frankly, I haven't seen anything like this with any fanbase needing to move on from a player before.

It's almost like they were lovers or something.   Just one of the weirdest things ever.

They all have an anti-BB agenda, it's just which angle they want to use to troll.  Some use the GM angle, some use the good D which has been unfairly maligned for years  now, some use the ignorance of the idea there is a cap and how that is.

[/QUOTE]

Dude he is not trollish or even anti BB. He simply has a strong feeling about not liking what was done this off season. He has not liked it all along.

He's just stating what he believes.

He was worried about Amendola and that worry , so far, has come to fruition.

I don't agree with some of what he's saying or said from the start of offseason but they are just our opinions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Section136's comment:

Google longest super bowl droughts.....it's no wonder that other team's fans think we are obnoxious, spoiled and self entitled. I used to take pride in the fact that New England fans were the most rational, well informed fans in the country...now, not so much!

How many of those teams have/had Tom Brady as QB?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Really? The vibe I'm getting is that people are blaming Brady. Though not in this thread. I get some people thought they would be fine and are in shock, but most of those people were really just wishfully thinking, and a couple select posters for whom Brady-bashing is their rasion d'etre built up the selections so they could do what they are doing now ... blame Brady when they played like rookies. 

We didn't see so many in the Bills game because Amendola was there. He cought 11 passes, and was targetted 14 times. Those targets shifted to the rookies. 

It did get worse, but it's because those kids were hung out to dry. 

And sorry, I  think it far, far worse for confidence that you put them into a position to fail as opposed to mixing them in. I agree, don't ... rush ... Gronk. After Brady he is the franchise. But NE has a billion linebackers, three that are just playing ST. They don't have one vet on the roster who would have been brought in for this very likely scenario: Amendola goes out, Gronk's not ready. 

The final conclusion is that fans have been conditioned over the last five years by this team. They accept less from the defense, and seem to think allowing 24 points is good, and expect more from the offense, scoffing at anything less than 30 regardless of the health of players (as if losing Gronk is irrelevant to the outcomes). 

The end result? Everyone is angry at Tom, and very little vitriol is headed toward the rookies. It makes me scratch my head about the thread, because  just don't see people saying they are bad. 

Outside of the select few people BB-haters that make their life here abouou proving BB is terrible ... no one has said the rookies stink or are busts ... most just accept it even if they excpected more. 

I guess the "show me" thread the forum needs is one that says "show me a QB who would do better with this group" (there isn't one) AND show me a vet who IS actually playing terribly when they need him to play well, and that is Ridley, who unlike Brady, has had only downs so far, and no ups when NE dearly needed him to carry the load. 

A comment about rookie WR struggles, to me, is irrelevant to what is actually happening on this board. 

It is what it is.  I don't think many blame Brady for the rookies' performance.  They're playing like rookies.  Not sure that I expect otherwise. Just play them as much as possible and hope that 2 of them can swim by the end of the season.  I think there were some comments about Brady's frustrations that had two camps - those thinking he was being a leader, those thinking he is a Prima Donna whining QB; like some used to characterize Poutin peyton.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Wow you really want to slide the symantec scale around. You said durable not about how many games. If you want to talk games it is a different story but don't say call it what you want because they are two very different things.

Missing games is the result of not being durable. So how is missing games not the same story as durability?

So the Patriots can just get who they want right? Hey you , you sign here on this line now or I'll break your head. Pretty sure it is a two way street.

No but they can certainly increase their odds of getting a player they want by paying slightly over market value in a position of need instead of trying to underbid the market to get the deal

We'll see, I have no idea what the future holds, and it is not only about this year.

You are right, it's about the next 2 honestly (deal that Welker signed), but you have to admit it's not the total value of the deal but how much the play per game time played. I mean if I give a guy $3mil bonus and he plays only 1 game is it worth the same as paying someone $5mil bonus but having him play all 16? I'd say the better value is in the latter even though you ended up paying more

It is better to negotiate from a position of strength. As far as entertainment. Drama is entertainment even if unintended. The Sox are kicking butt and people are probably talking about the Pats as much or more because of this. These boards are more active than in a long time, maybe. It's all entertainment.

True but I'd say boards like this are only a tiny % of the entertainment pie compared to TV and gameday tickets. The entertainment value is dominanted by on field perfromance and the general public (hardcores like us would watch regardless) prefer O over a defensive struggle so having that one extra weapon provides more entertainment as a whole

Haha nice analogy except if you didn't have two cars that "might" break down at some point, why would you let an aging car, (you said you were good with odds elsewhere), dictate to you how much you were going to pay to replace the other two cars when the likelihood, odds wise, are that an againg car "might" also start breaking down at some point. The Patriots did do that anyway though, they tried. They are rarely going to break their operating model however.

Because it's a known vs an unknown. I have a 13 yr old car I take care of and has never been an issue. My friend has a 5yr old car that has broken down on him 3 times already. I'd say I'd rather have the older car with the better track record than the one that already breaks down. True the older one will eventually break down but I have more faith it won't than the one that already has 3 times

By the way, enjoying the discussion.

I'm enjoying it to. These are good discussions which involve no name calling with both people presenting their view points in a civil manner

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Dan Marino... he was pretty good.  

It's a team sport.  The Patriots have been the best team in the NFL year in and out for over a decade, BB has one more ring to win to be the best of all time.  Those are just facts.  

You and others obviously don't remember what it was like to be the league doormats in the 80's, to be cellar dwellers looking up at all the great teams in the league with envy.  Entitled is the best word to describe this... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

[QUOTE]

It's a team sport.  The Patriots have been the best team in the NFL year in and out for over a decade, BB has one more ring to win to be the best of all time.  Those are just facts.  

You and others obviously don't remember what it was like to be the league doormats in the 80's, to be cellar dwellers looking up at all the great teams in the league with envy.  Entitled is the best word to describe this... 

[/QUOTE]

Well said, sir.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't remember that?  Wow, is that a Rusty comment or what?

Of course I do.  That's irrelevant, however.

Tom Brady's good enough to have won one more since the beginning of Bush's second administration, especially if the coach and GM are as God-like as some tell me they are.  When Brady is gone, I will temper my expectations.  For now, it's Superbowl win or bust.

I watch the games and enjoy the heck out of doing so, but when I reflect upon a season, it's different.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

Missing games is the result of not being durable. So how is missing games not the same story as durability?

Because the missed games numbers is just a matter of looking at timing of injury. Durability, imo, is do you get injured or not. That is why I said mostly durable and lucky timing of a major serious injury and then I would agree. Welker has been injured less and therefore more durable, no argument, but I take exception with many who try to paint him as unbreakable.

No but they can certainly increase their odds of getting a player they want by paying slightly over market value in a position of need instead of trying to underbid the market to get the deal

Sure but you keep referencing "slightly". Is that not a relative word? What is slightly? To you, to me, to each organization, or each individual play? In the context of millions, hundreds of thousands, thousands? Every group I mentioned or individual is going to have a different definition of it as it ralates to them and their situation.

True but I'd say boards like this are only a tiny % of the entertainment pie compared to TV and gameday tickets. The entertainment value is dominanted by on field perfromance and the general public (hardcores like us would watch regardless) prefer O over a defensive struggle so having that one extra weapon provides more entertainment as a whole

Are people not flooding the talk radio airwaves with similardiscussions? Are they not talking about it around the water cooler or at lunch in the work place? Are the Patriots games still not sold out or no longer have a waiting list for season ticket holders?

Because it's a known vs an unknown. I have a 13 yr old car I take care of and has never been an issue. My friend has a 5yr old car that has broken down on him 3 times already. I'd say I'd rather have the older car with the better track record than the one that already breaks down. True the older one will eventually break down but I have more faith it won't than the one that already has 3 times

I would simply say for any aging "car" the history is known, yes agreed. The future is always unknown, for any "car". You can make and educated guess based on history, other historys of similar aging cars/players. Your own first hand perception or knowledge of how much that cars overall health and performance have deterriorated over time with you, etc. BUT the future of it certainly is not known.

Bottom line I still say the Patriots agreed with you and tried that route first. Takes both sides.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Tom Brady's good enough to have won one more since the beginning of Bush's second administration, especially if the coach and GM are as God-like as some tell me they are.  When Brady is gone, I will temper my expectations.  For now, it's Superbowl win or bust.

I watch the games and enjoy the heck out of doing so, but when I reflect upon a season, it's different.

First of all your obsession with Rusty is annoying if not unhealthy, I am nothing like Rusty and have him on ignore, I suggest you do the same and get off his dk.

I don't have to defend Belichick, his record does that for him.  By the way he drafted Brady, you can take that to the bank.

You're reflecting on this season after one and two games, tell me the wisdom in that?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

First of all your obsession with Rusty is annoying if not unhealthy, I am nothing like Rusty and have him on ignore, I suggest you do the same and get off his dk.

I don't have to defend Belichick, his record does that for him.  By the way he drafted Brady, you can take that to the bank.

You're reflecting on this season after one and two games, tell me the wisdom in that?

You are wasting your time responding to this guy. Just another fan who isn't happy about anything the Pats do, and probably thinks BB is a bad GM & coach. Why bother trying to educate the miserable?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is the epitome of the arrogant, ignorant, entitled opinion fans around the country hate.

The feeling that they SHOULD win more.

Dan Marino, as mentioned, was a pretty good QB. Peyton is "good enough" to have more than 1. Andrew Luck HAD BETTER win AT LEAST 1 in his career, right?

A LOT has to go right for even the BEST teams to win it all.

Tom Brady has 3 rings in his career. His rookie season, the Pats were 5-11. Let that just sink in a little.

Looking back...do I maybe ish a guy's helmet wasn't coated in super glue? Do I wish Eli didn't drop a pass into a bucket from 40 yards away? Do I wish the Pats didn't blow an 18 pt lead in the second half to Indy? Sure, and there are more regrets. That's football.

You know what? There was also an unconscious WR that negated a TO in 01 that maybe saved the season. Brady FUMBLED in the snow. I still don't know how Vinatieri willed that ball 47 yards...it defies the physics I understand. You take the good with the bad. 01, 03 and 04 saw just about every single thing go right for the Pats. That luck does not last.

An amazing 4 year run ruined perception and expectations for the fans. At some point, the fans will settle down and just be able to enjoy one of the most dominant runs in the history of football, and not demand even MORE.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

That's what's puzzling to me dragon. Fans seem not able to enjoy the product on the field. They seem bitter and angry. To each his own.

Sections
Shortcuts