Show Me The Money

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Show Me The Money

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/08/26/aaron-hernandez-nflpa-grievance-workout-bonuses-patriots/2703989/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Show Me The Money

He earned that money.  The Pats have to pay him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

He earned that money.  The Pats have to pay him.

Perhaps they will  but they will challenge the conduct clause as is their right. They most likely will lose but screw AH.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

prolly ably gets the dollars b4 he was released

The rest is based on contract clauses. I do not know if there r moral clauses or not

i heard there wasn't, but I don't understand how these contracts aren't bullet proof ,if so bad  ,lawyering and bad business . This,after spygate , would be the biggest screw up by people who work for RK.. Even could be his son.  The dollars aren't my problem but the cap hit will hurt us fans

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

He has to be on the team for it to be paid out, I would imagine.  

He was a Patriot when he completed the workout bonus period from April to June.

Now pay the man his money, he has attorney fees to pay.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I'm sure that it was his lawyer's rx - cuz they wanna get paid first...lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

The pats will prolly say it was a breach of contract, therefore said money is not due.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The reason for the release notwithstanding, he earned the money before he was released.

Player A has a workout bonus if he does xyz between April and June.  Player A does xyz between April and June.  In July, Player A is cut.  Player A is owed his workout bonus.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

The pats will prolly say it was a breach of contract, therefore said money is not due.

AGREED.  Tell them to pound sand!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

They owe him so they have to pay him.  Period.  Now they can counter sue for damaging the pats brand yada yada yada. Tie the money up in court. Kraft has a team of lawyers that he pays anyway and deeper pockets. Even if Kraft ties the money up from Hernandez the rent will be due on the due date with the NFL cap wise. Sometimes you get a black eye in a fight that you win. 

Edit.  An example is if you get in a car crash that's not your fault and you win a settlement the insurance company won't pay you right away. I don't think the goldmans ever got paid by OJ to this day. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

gee, I thought someone said no one cared for any more AH news and info?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Well if the Pats hold out on payment then thier wrong.I do see what all are saying but if the words are in the contract as other posters said  incentives for april to june ,then thry should pay up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The union is already backing Hernandez.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/352345/345/NFLPA-files-grievance-to-recoup-Hernandezs-bonus-money

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

it'd be interesting to actually see the contract.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I don't care what his contract says or what the NFLPA says. Kraft should go to the mat over that bonus.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

I don't care what his contract says or what the NFLPA says. Kraft should go to the mat over that bonus.

well, if there are stipulations that bonus' are monies are tied w/ things like performance or behavior or other things.....then the Patriots have a case. If such wording does not place stipulations on monies....then Pats owe AH

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

AGREED

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Maybe there is a special clause in the bonus money contract?

--

We will pay you X for working out during these months.*

*provided you don't commit murder

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

[QUOTE]

AGREED

[/QUOTE]

nah, that would make Kraft look dis-honorable....unless the stipulations are in the contract

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Basically, every NFL contract should include a clause that talks about being in jail without bail and the team not being responsible for paying a jailed player, until the player is out on bail OR is innocent in court.

Bad precedent to set to be paying a guy millions with that kind of evidence up against him to the point the judge didn't even set an unattainable bail for him.

i agree, i don't understand how these contracts aren't bullet proof for legal issues and in true 'best interests" of the game. It just goes to prove that these owners are not infallible.
    What really gets me is that all these owners should understand contracts. Believe me as a small businessman I live and die by them.

But they are mosty the same guys on the last NFLPA who gave away an incredibly high percentage to the players (in which I correctly picked what the new contract would be) and giving unproven rookes $50-70M. I wonder what else they have screwed up.

And with AH's contract. it doesn't matter if the Pats pay him or not ,be cause they have to spend it anyways. It hurts us the Pats fan, cause it puts our team at a disadvantage with the Salary Cap and we have a lesser chance to get a SB winner.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

It hurts us the Pats fan, cause it puts our team at a disadvantage with the Salary Cap and we have a lesser chance to get a SB winner.

I heard on the radio this morning that the Pats are about $10M under the cap.  It's not like they're spending to the limit as is.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

It hurts us the Pats fan, cause it puts our team at a disadvantage with the Salary Cap and we have a lesser chance to get a SB winner.

I heard on the radio this morning that the Pats are about $10M under the cap.  It's not like they're spending to the limit as is.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that as season goes on, spending will occur.

Sections
Shortcuts