Show Me The Money

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Show Me The Money

Art blank went thu this with vick.  He didnt gt it all back he got some of it. Im not sure but I think he did it in civil litigation.  Kraft will either bury it in court or half heartedly fighit for it.  He won't look like a scorned woman at any cost. At least no one has said any bs like Myra wouldn't have allowed him on the team. There's a lot of bad possible if Kraft keeps it in the news after he's sentenced. I imagine court is backed up there like it is everywhere else. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

It hurts us the Pats fan, cause it puts our team at a disadvantage with the Salary Cap and we have a lesser chance to get a SB winner.

I heard on the radio this morning that the Pats are about $10M under the cap.  It's not like they're spending to the limit as is.

I'm sure that as season goes on, spending will occur.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Art blank went thu this with vick.  He didnt gt it all back he got some of it. Im not sure but I think he did it in civil litigation.  Kraft will either bury it in court or half heartedly fighit for it.  He won't look like a scorned woman at any cost. At least no one has said any bs like Myra wouldn't have allowed him on the team. There's a lot of bad possible if Kraft keeps it in the news after he's sentenced. I imagine court is backed up there like it is everywhere else. 

IMO, if there are no stipulations in the contract, then Kraft should pay and be done with it.  If there are, Kraft has nothing to worry about.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

IMO, if there are no stipulations in the contract, then Kraft should pay and be done with it.  If there are, Kraft has nothing to worry about.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I love ignore. Can't read what you just wrote. Awesome feature.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

Kraft has an image to uphold. why don't you look how hard Blank fought for the millions Vick stole from him. If Kraft does not have protective language in the contract, he would look foolish putting up a big fight.  Do you really think the union will side with Kraft even if they know Hernandez is a murder?  Pssssssssssssst back at you.  Neener neener and so are you but what am I.   Ha ha *eyeroll*. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Kraft has an image to uphold. why don't you look how hard Blank fought for the millions Vick stole from him. If Kraft does not have protective language in the contract, he would look foolish putting up a big fight.  Do you really think the union will side with Kraft even if they know Hernandez is a murder?  Pssssssssssssst back at you.  Neener neener and so are you but what am I.   Ha ha *eyeroll*. 

Of course he does. If there are no stipulations in the contract (which a good, smart businessman would have done) - then he has no worries. But what if there are no stipulations. IMO, that would tarnish that image he wants to uphold.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

The Klass in Kraft came from Myra, not Bob.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

He has to be on the team for it to be paid out, I would imagine.   Otherwise, they can't pay a guy who is in jail. It's bad enough, he'll be collecting the money next year while awaiting trial. 

The union is a disgrace.  Once he's convicted, the Pats will rightly go after all that money he collected while denied bail in jail.

Very curious to see the language in the deal.  I am not sure the union even has access to that.

Of course the union has a copy of the contract.  From the CBA:

Section 7. Copies of Contracts: It is agreed and understood that: (a) copies of all contracts

signed by Rookie and Veteran players after the date of execution of this

Agreement will be provided to the NFLP A within two (2) days of their receipt by the

Management Council; and (b) all information in such contracts will be made available to

all Clubs by the Management Council. Any dispute regarding compliance of (a) above

shall be resolved by the Impartial Arbitrator. The determination of the Impartial Arbitrator

shall be made within ten (10) days of the application, and shall consider all

information relating to such dispute submitted by such date. The determination of the

Impartial Arbitrator shall be final and Clubs are prohibited from negotiating for or insisting

upon any confidentiality clauses in Player Contracts.

The union also has a duty to defend the provisions of player contracts, regardless of the whether the player is a sc*mb*g or not.  They are just doing their duty and ensuring that a precedent isn't set that the terms of player contracts can be ignored.   I'm fine as well with Bob Kraft refusing to pay the money until and unless the union can show he has to.  It's just all part of the process.  I'm sure if Kraft knows he has to pay the money, this process is actually something he's glad occurs because it gives him a way of clearly demonstrating to the public his desire not to pay and, when he does pay (assuming the contract makes him pay), allows him to tell everyone "I only paid because legally I had to."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

By not paying so far, I think it makes him look morally honorable, but bad as a businessman.

There is a contract.  Portions of the contract were fulfilled.  Pay up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

By not paying so far, I think it makes him look morally honorable, but bad as a businessman.

Not necessarily...he could still win the argument (depending on the language in the contract)...and holding on to your money as long as possible is almost always good business. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Not necessarily...he could still win the argument (depending on the language in the contract)...and holding on to your money as long as possible is almost always good business. 

That was my point earlier. One option is to drag it out in litigation. He (Kraft) wont get any of it back unless he does a civil lawsuit. He has to remember that he's not fighting Hernandez he's fighting the union. They have deeper pockets. The union gives Kraft any concession that could happen with other contracts in the future. Kraft will have to pay. Reiss wrote an article when this all went down that there wasn't protective wording in the contract. If there was Kraft would have just said Were not contractually obligated to pay him. But he hasn't, so I think he'll be on the phone with Blank in Atlanta asking questions about the Vick dealings.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

In response to stan17's comment:

I don't care what his contract says or what the NFLPA says. Kraft should go to the mat over that bonus.

AGREED

nah, that would make Kraft look dis-honorable....unless the stipulations are in the contract

I disagree completely. I believe Kraft feels duped just like all Patriot fans were. He should fight it ata all costs even though it's pocket change to him.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

I don't care what his contract says or what the NFLPA says. Kraft should go to the mat over that bonus.

AGREED

nah, that would make Kraft look dis-honorable....unless the stipulations are in the contract

I disagree completely. I believe Kraft feels duped just like all Patriot fans were. He should fight it ata all costs even though it's pocket change to him.  

Spot on!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

As far as I'm cncerned, withold the $$$, make the union and AH's attys. shame themselves demanding it...LOL...put the onus on them to defend a mass murderer...and don't hand me that "innocent until proven guilty" rap, been there, done that, dont want to hear it for this putrid pile of slunk meat anymore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

As far as I'm cncerned, withold the $$$, make the union and AH's attys. shame themselves demanding it...LOL...put the onus on them to defend a mass murderer...and don't hand me that "innocent until proven guilty" rap, been there, done that, dont want to hear it for this putrid pile of slunk meat anymore.

Absolutely!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Perfectly stated!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

since when does breaking one's word/contract morally honorable? Just curious. IMO, it all depends on the language of the contract. Kraft should honor the contract as dictated in writing based on stiplulations; if any.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

since when does breaking one's word/contract morally honorable? Just curious. IMO, it all depends on the language of the contract. Kraft should honor the contract as dictated in writing based on stiplulations; if any.

"F that guy.  We're not giving that murderer another dime."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

"F that guy.  We're not giving that murderer another dime."

since it's now going to be part of a legal process...it'll be up to an arbitrator or judge

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Always helps to get the facts

RK jr just said AH had to be  at 90percenalso practices and thet say he wasnt

This wii be easy to confirm one way or another
    Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

Sections
Shortcuts